Staggered Offsets and AWD Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
You could email any vendor and name drop yourself and how you organize BAM and you could get any part you wanted at little to no cost.
I dunno about that. You have to have a sick ride, and them WANTING you to rep them.

I've asked here or there in the past. Never really worked out. Maybe I just don't have the charisma?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:07 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by mistaanime
i'd like to just drop my name.. and get any part i want at lilttle or not cost!!
You and me both. People hear my name and the price goes up. LOL!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:57 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I dunno about that. You have to have a sick ride, and them WANTING you to rep them.

I've asked here or there in the past. Never really worked out. Maybe I just don't have the charisma?
Honestly I disagree. Most companies like helping people out if they call and talk to them like a normal person and explain you're just looking for a good price and especially if you are one of the main forces behind a massive subaru gathering to 100% benefit charity...companies love to help good people out. The trick is to call the company directly and not distribution companies.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
Honestly I disagree. Most companies like helping people out if they call and talk to them like a normal person and explain you're just looking for a good price and especially if you are one of the main forces behind a massive subaru gathering to 100% benefit charity...companies love to help good people out. The trick is to call the company directly and not distribution companies.
Only way I could see myself doing that is if I was going to use my car to push the event... I think some of the other events do this... subiefest has a "project subiefest" and what not.

But honestly... not really my deal. Even when I raced mtb's I had a hard time asking people for stuff. I had 2 different shop hook ups over the years but I only asked for things if I broke something and was in a bind. It was like... well I can run this weekend if I can't get that rear wheel dialed in... soo... ummm. hook it up. LOL!

But I just can't see myself using the event to get something for myself. Last year I was kind of the main guy with it. This year I laid the ground work of having it be a committee run event without a single head. I did that for a few reasons... one was so to eliminate anyone being able to say someone is doing it for themselves. I've had a few people tell me I did this event for personal gains. I think the $7000 donation speaks for itself... and the fact my car has a busted stereo in it, a dented door and looks like a dog bed on the inside speaks for itself. LOL! Me shopping my car to get vendors to hook me up "because BAM"... not really my style.

LOL!

And you're not the first person to mention it to me. I actually dropped a line to wheeldude in jest because someone told me I could get a free set of wheels for being me. LOL! Zoeb and I laughed about it. He knows me. I know him.... and I know if I ever needed anything they'd treat me right. But only way I'd feel good about asking for wheels is if I was putting them on a car that would get them some attention... if my wagon goes the direction I'm trying to take it... we'll see. LOL!

But your car man... your car could easily be a sponsor ***** car. That thing is dope and you know how to market it. I'd sponsor your car if I had a business making subaru parts.

As for the sponsor thing... I think you're both right.

You have to be able to sell yourself. You have to be able to go to a company and say... hey... I'm a smart guys, I'm a good guys, I have a lot of friends and people like me. I'm good for your image. I'm putting time and money in to my ride... you can help me and I can help you.

They want to know their money is going somewhere for some reason. So you don't necessarily have to have this amazing car but it sure helps. LOL!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

Honestly man... there is NO reason you shouldn't have some suspension sponsors. I'm down to help you if you want it.

Your resumé and your car speak for itself.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Honestly man... there is NO reason you shouldn't have some suspension sponsors. I'm down to help you if you want it.

Your resumé and your car speak for itself.
You do make a very valid and even more humble point about BAM and getting hooked up.

I think its a little easier for me since i work in the industry and call around to these vendors all day long at work so if I say its for my car they automatically offer for a hookup price lol

I wasn't trying to imply you ask for free stuff, which I never do, its when you ask for a hookup price that they listen. If you ask for them to sell it to you at their cost they really have nothing to lose besides hooking up a good honest guy. Thats how i see it anyway.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza L
I find it hard getting hooked up on the race car from time to time, next sponsor I call I'm going to say I'm Ray from BAM. Might get me a better result
Old 08-23-2013, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by UKn00b
I find it hard getting hooked up on the race car from time to time, next sponsor I call I'm going to say I'm Ray from BAM. Might get me a better result
If you ever asked me for a sponsorship I would immediately say yes and ask to be a groupie on your race team...BJs upon request

Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by UKn00b
LOL... .seriously might get you kicked in the junk. Haaa.

We can trade... I'll tell people I'm taking the "L" to the texas mile and I need more bigger turbo.

And if you had any stickers I'd wear them proudly... lord knows you guys have always taken care of me. I'd do anything for you guys... almost.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 08-23-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:54 PM

Car Info: '14 STi 02C Croatianized
Originally Posted by apetron
...18x9.5 +38 with 275/35/18 tires on his stock body with minimal camber you should have no problem with the 265...
Id like to see pix of that...
Old 08-26-2013, 02:42 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX E85 tuned
I run 18X9.5 Grids +38 and I run a 10mm spacer in the front to clear my STI brembos but I run a less wide of a tire do to having a non wide body 09. I don't autocross or anything but I do a little spirited driving on occasion and my setup seems fine. The front studs don't have a lot of stud for the lug nuts to grab onto when the spacer is on so extended studs would be a must for auto X (don't want a wheel to come off) and that is a project coming soon for me otherwise I have been running this for almost 2 years and it has been all good.

As far as the getting parts for cheap, I think most people take the original price that is posted and think "well that's what they cost". Everything in this world is negotiable except death and taxes! I will try and haggle on anything I am spending my money on!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:09 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I ran 25mm spacers and different sized tires on my old rex for over a year and never encountered any issues. I used Tire size calculator to check my numbers.