Stages? Pls help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:47 PM

Car Info: '12 TSX 6MT/'01 E39 wagon/'67 VW on E85/'93 M900
OP -- are you planning tuning the car yourself? If not, all your questions will be answered by the tuner you choose.

STis have engine failures at stock power levels, mostly due to broken ring lands. Amount of boost will depend on the turbo, stock VF* can probably last some time at 17psi on 91 octane (it will crack though, but yours is probably already cracked anyway), but not much more.

Since you aren't willing to search, just ask a few local tuners, they have the answers.

Stan
Old 10-24-2011, 02:38 PM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
Originally Posted by S'poreSTI
Well, I DD my car with E85, catted DP, intake , 850cc inj and 340lph pump. It's still practical as hell, and gets 335whp/395wtq.
Think that's what the OP needs (I guess it's over 400hp at crank), but needs do a lot of reading first. Took me ~6 months to fix my plans & do things right
The lack of E85 stations around the Bay Area is a really big turn off for me. If I lived really close to one, I would totally go E85 too. I'm sure 335WHP/395WTQ is a blast! I just rode in my friends 325WHP Evo which has much less torque and that thing pulled hard!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:14 PM

Car Info: 08 WRB/Gold STI. EQ Tuned, E85, 340whp 390wtq
Originally Posted by KrAzYkld
The lack of E85 stations around the Bay Area is a really big turn off for me. If I lived really close to one, I would totally go E85 too. I'm sure 335WHP/395WTQ is a blast! I just rode in my friends 325WHP Evo which has much less torque and that thing pulled hard!
Ha, yeah, it was a ride in a 350whp Evo that convinced me to pull the trigger on getting my car beyond stg1. No regrets (until the engine pops), but then i live <1mile from an E85 station
Old 10-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 2009 WRX WRB
Originally Posted by PROcede
I don't know **** about subaru's either i came from a BMW E90 but i read and don't ask retarded questions. Really really suggest you take the advice of some of these guys and read some threads on Nasioc.
+1

& go take an english course somewhere
Old 10-24-2011, 05:48 PM

Car Info: Sti 05
Originally Posted by only1NCE
+1

& go take an english course somewhere
Lol wow... As if every one here know how to speak or type proper English! Lol
Maybe you have to take a not to be An a hole class! I think thats free at skyline
Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by PROcede
I don't know **** about subaru's either i came from a BMW E90 but i read and don't ask retarded questions. Really really suggest you take the advice of some of these guys and read some threads on Nasioc.
Really bro?!?! Retard question?!how can it be a retard question if I'm just asking how much power can it handle??
Some people read and some people learn from working!!! Lol
Old 10-24-2011, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru WRX Limited 4 door
Originally Posted by Jaister
Maybe you have to take a not to be An a hole class! I think thats free at skyline
Winning!

"The jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"

George Costanza
Old 10-24-2011, 06:10 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Pls guys all I said hp now rwhp lol... I know the difference! Lol ok guys thanks for the info...
I don't think you know the difference.

1.) No one gives a **** about hp, it's not a practical number and has almost no relation to the car's actual performance. This is also painfully obvious as you are the only person talking about hp and everyone else is talking about whp.

2.) Since our cars are AWD, we have awhp. Not rwhp.

3.) You need to figure out how to do your own research. Otherwise we will think you're an idiot.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:14 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
I understand that not everyone is a scholar, or even close to it. It's kind of understood that if you can type, you should be able to read and write.

You have to understand that when you ask a question that there is no clear answer to, then you get agitated when people tell you that -- and you do not take their advice -- people aren't going to meet you with their arms out ready to give you a hug.

All of these questions you're asking have been answered a million times, its all over the internet and isn't hard to find. When you are lazy and demonstrate that, no one will hold your hand.

Do you always give money to homeless people because they ask for it? Do you get a raise at work if you do the bare minimum? Probably not.

Subarus are awesome but like everything they have limitations. There's so many variables and people have so far given you the basic responses, which apparently hasn't been sufficient and when you give attitude to those who are trying to help, its not met well, that's all. I hope that you figure it out and have fun with your car.

Last edited by code3suby; 10-24-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:14 PM

Wow really why? Lol I was just asking lol now I'm a jerk .....
I guess it's gang up day on the new guy lol
Old 10-24-2011, 07:14 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX
guys, does he remind you of a person that keeps on whining and crying that no one is out there to help him?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Identifier of i-Club members

Car Info: 2009 wrx
Wow really why? Lol I was just asking lol now I'm a jerk .....
I guess it's gang up day on the new guy lol

only when the new guy is acting like an ******* to everyone who was trying to help him granted some of the people helping were acting like asses themselves. there is no single definitive answer to how much power your motor can handle. that depends on tons of different factors. the condition of your engine, how aggressive your tune is, the turbo, and tons of other factors. running a 16g turbo will run completely differently than a twin scroll turbo which will run completely different from a massive rotated turbo. a massive front mount intercooler will make different hp than a top mount intercooler. our cars have more factors than a normal car that need to be accounted for to give what hp you can handle.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by asoka05
guys, does he remind you of a person that keeps on whining and crying that no one is out there to help him?
yep.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
yep.
U and osoka lol funny!! Whining? About help?? Lol
I'm asking if u dont want to put any input don't! Who cares what u think! Lol
Well thats it for me.. Peace thanks for putting some input..
Old 10-24-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by dub599
only when the new guy is acting like an ******* to everyone who was trying to help him granted some of the people helping were acting like asses themselves. there is no single definitive answer to how much power your motor can handle. that depends on tons of different factors. the condition of your engine, how aggressive your tune is, the turbo, and tons of other factors. running a 16g turbo will run completely differently than a twin scroll turbo which will run completely different from a massive rotated turbo. a massive front mount intercooler will make different hp than a top mount intercooler. our cars have more factors than a normal car that need to be accounted for to give what hp you can handle.
Thanks..

Quick Reply: Stages? Pls help.