Sprint's Network...WTF is going on?!

Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Originally Posted by mcast
My only regret, is that I have an iPhone on Sprint.

3G only, cheap plan with unlimited text/web/data is awesome though.
I dont think you could get a 4G plan for a phone that doesnt have 4G...
Old 04-16-2012, 10:49 PM

Car Info: Type 53
I'm under an employee account, and they're saying that the iPhone is still under the smartphone data tier. Meaning I'm paying 4G prices, with a 3G Phone. Way for them to stick it to me and my family(3 iPhones on our bill).

but around $30-35 a month with unlimited everything(except minutes) is definitely worth it.

I've gone through 2 Nexus S to know that the phone is just a bad piece of hardware, I wouldn't blame it on Sprint, might want to see if they can give you a new one, my dad had a bad refurb and the digitizer locked him out of the phone and he couldn't swap any of the data over to his replacement.

Or ask them if you can do an early upgrade(probably at a charge) to get the Epic 2, literally the best phone from Sprint I've had. I'm just a big fan of the iPhone so I was willing to downgrade ( 4.5>3.5 Screen Dual 1.2> Dual 1.0 Processor Expandable Memory> 16GB NAND Flash)

The list goes on, Epic 2 > iPhone 4S if you could. The Nexus S was released out of greed by Samsung and Google in order to tout a "Google" phone, even though the Galaxy Nexus was released within a year of the Nexus S release.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:40 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by mcast
I'm under an employee account, and they're saying that the iPhone is still under the smartphone data tier. Meaning I'm paying 4G prices, with a 3G Phone. Way for them to stick it to me and my family(3 iPhones on our bill).
Sprint's reasoning is that if it isn't a feature phone ( you know, basic ) then it's a smartphone. 3G, 4G, doesn't matter. You're still paying for Premium Data, regardless of the speeds. Nowhere in the contract does it say that it's applicable to 4G only.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:22 PM

Car Info: 06 TRD Tacoma
I've gone through 2 Nexus S to know that the phone is just a bad piece of hardware, I wouldn't blame it on Sprint, might want to see if they can give you a new one, my dad had a bad refurb and the digitizer locked him out of the phone and he couldn't swap any of the data over to his replacement.

Or ask them if you can do an early upgrade(probably at a charge) to get the Epic 2, literally the best phone from Sprint I've had. I'm just a big fan of the iPhone so I was willing to downgrade ( 4.5>3.5 Screen Dual 1.2> Dual 1.0 Processor Expandable Memory> 16GB NAND Flash)[/QUOTE]

I just may do that
Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by IHeartE30s
Wow people have such hate for Sprint, as if Sprint stalked and raped their moms. Sprint isn't bad, cheapest unlimited plans, better coverage than ATT and not far off from Verizon.
I think sprint service sucks...
I've got att and my girlfriend has sprint and my phone has waaay better service at almost all places in the lower bay area...we both have had nothing but BB and with my three and her two different phones I've always had better service and internet data