Soldier opens fire @ Fort Hood killing 12!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 01:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
That's a hell of a far cry from going postal on your fellow soldiers on your own base.
Is it now?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_h...ooting_suspect
Old 11-06-2009, 01:50 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by ipozestu
OK, that's it for me. carry on.

I stopped reading right here.....

His anger was noted by a classmate, who said Hasan "viewed the war against terror" as a "war against Islam."
Old 11-06-2009, 03:34 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Relatives said he felt harassed because of his Muslim faith but did not embrace extremism. Others were not so sure. A recent classmate said Hasan once gave a jarring presentation to students in which he argued the war on terrorism was a war against Islam, and "made himself a lightning rod for things" when he felt his religious beliefs were challenged.
"How dare you contradict my religious beliefs" is now grounds for homicide?
Funny, you don't see Hindu/Christian/Jewish/Buddhist armed forces members shootin' up the place....
Old 11-06-2009, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Just read on SF Gate that one of the victims was "a pregnant woman who was preparing to return home."

there should be a rule - for any jihadist that is found to be responsible for innocent deaths, that all members of their immediate family should suffer the same consequences of their actions - that way, they would know what it's like to destroy their family before they think about destroying others' families
Old 11-06-2009, 03:56 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by herrjr
Just read on SF Gate that one of the victims was "a pregnant woman who was preparing to return home."

there should be a rule - for any jihadist that is found to be responsible for innocent deaths, that all members of their immediate family should suffer the same consequences of their actions - that way, they would know what it's like to destroy their family before they think about destroying others' families
Trying to reason with the unreasonable tends to not work.

I can only imagine that a policy like that would only motivate an extremist even more.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Here we go again (From SALDEF):

November 6, 2009 (Washington, DC) - Our national Sikh organizations offer our deepest condolences to the families and friends of those killed and wounded in the acts of violence at Fort Hood, Texas yesterday that left 13 dead and 31 wounded. We unequivocally condemn the actions of the alleged assailant.

We are united in concern and sympathy for the victims and their families, and for the community at Fort Hood. We urge community members to explore how they can provide support and resources to address the impact of this violence.

As Sikhs, we are regrettably aware that, in the past, similar tragedies have led to the scapegoating of entire communities based on actual or perceived ethnicity, religion, and national origin. We call on political leaders, the media, and the public to set a tone of unity as the investigation unfolds and the healing process begins.

We also join together to offer the following recommendations for the Sikh community in order to stay safe from possible misguided retributive violence:
(1) Be Street Smart to Keep Yourself Safe

(2) Develop Proactive Relationships with Local Law Enforcement

· Contact your local police department

· Ask them to work with your community on hate crimes prevention

· Ask them to step up patrols around local Gurdwaras

Here is a sample message that you can use via email or telephone:
Based on the apparent ethnicity of the assailant in the Fort Hood shootings, I am concerned about the possibility of backlash against members of the Arab, Muslim, Sikh, and South Asian communities. Please ensure that an emergency bulletin is issued to local law enforcement agencies and community members to ensure that police officers and the communities they serve take appropriate precautionary measures.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Funny, you don't see Hindu/Christian/Jewish/Buddhist armed forces members shootin' up the place....
Well, not in this country anyways. All of those religions have had violence for the same reasons in the past, or still do to this day in other countrys.

Trust me, Hindus as a majority do NOT like Sikhs all that much in India. Much massacre has happened due to that very tension. Hindu vs Muslim... Muslim vs Christian, Christian vs Muslim. Eastern European countries, esp former soviet countries face these things all the time. Philippines too.

But yeah, in the US, you really don't see that.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:48 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Well, not in this country anyways. All of those religions have had violence for the same reasons in the past, or still do to this day in other countrys.

Trust me, Hindus as a majority do NOT like Sikhs all that much in India. Much massacre has happened due to that very tension. Hindu vs Muslim... Muslim vs Christian, Christian vs Muslim. Eastern European countries, esp former soviet countries face these things all the time. Philippines too.

But yeah, in the US, you really don't see that.
Again, please name a few conflicts currently happening that do not involve Muslims.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Trying to reason with the unreasonable tends to not work.

I can only imagine that a policy like that would only motivate an extremist even more.
I agree with the first statement in pretty much all the cases that I can think of. Especially when it comes to current discussions regarding nationalized healthcare.

In the second statement, it appears that the guy cared about SOME people enough to wish them goodbye, so I would assume that meant that he cared about his family too. Perhaps, if such a consequence existed that would affect his loved ones, this guy might not have gone on the rampage that he did.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:02 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
The only way I can really explain the way I'm feeling about this entire situation is...

WTF???? I mean seriously?... WTF????
Old 11-07-2009, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
Originally Posted by blue blurr
Here come the liberals blaming the military for the shooting...

This guy was at walter reed and got bounced because of to many poor efficiency reports. Definitely not a "discrimination case". But he's muslim... so he can never be at fault. Nope. The military forced him to do this...
I'm not a liberal, I'm rational. There's gotta be multiple reasons why he did what he did. I highly doubt he was one track minded with his recent antics.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Uhh. I'm pretty rational too. The dude didn't want to fight other Muslims. Instead of not fighting at all, he decided to kill and wound dozens of others.

He shot people because of his religion, plain and simple. We are at war with fanatical islam and if you don't think you can do your job then you shouldn't be in our military. He took $$$ of paid education and sat and gained benefits for years.

He should have Allah Akbar'ed his own face instead of ruining others, damn piece of crap.

We are Americans, we cannot turn our heads away and not ask the real questions when things touch that little racism line. We have to ask the obvious questions to protect our own people. We have to act and not sit there while this guy praised suicide bombings.

In any case, I hope he gets the death penalty within 5 yrs.

Last edited by iLoqin; 11-07-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:19 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
IBCrusadesweresomethinglikethat...........

every religion has its share of senselessly spilled blood
Old 11-08-2009, 01:30 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
it is just disgusting what that guy did, makes me physically ill
Old 11-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by rau
IBCrusadesweresomethinglikethat...........

every religion has its share of senselessly spilled blood

Just curious, what religion are you? Or if you're not any, which religion were your parents, etc?

Quick Reply: Soldier opens fire @ Fort Hood killing 12!!!