So who got pulled over in Union City by CHP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:55 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
But the "sting" is being run with a bias. They want to make money and make people break the law so they're going to step in and out of the cross walk in ways that make it easier for people to fail. It's like asking a loaded question.

Obviously what people were doing is against the law so there's no real beef there but there is too much room for bias. Basically if someone is in a cross walk even if they're on the otherside of the road and you can clearly make it through without being anywhere near the person or putting them in any danger what so ever its illegal. If you're driving through on the right side and someone steps in on the left... illegal.

Instead of hanging around the police station all day writing tickets maybe they should go out and serve and protect.

Sorry but I have a big issue with just how much money is going in to the CHP right now and its things like this that show why. The state is in a deficit that we're looking at a 1.5% tax increase state wide and MORE cuts to schools and youth programs yet we can afford to graduate the largest CHP class in history. CHP is hiring like mad.

Sorry but I think that money would be better spent on our kids or maybe on real police officers... not AAA with a badge and a ticket book.

And yeah... I am thinking of being a police officer. Definitely not CHP. Hell I know a lot of officers and they ALL think of CHP as lower class. Even the few fire fighters I know do. Where do you think I got AAA with a badge.

Police fighting crimes FTW.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:12 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
AAA with a badge... Havent heard that one in a while...

CHP are good people.. most departments just dont get along much... Thats all. Some CHP officers say the same thing back.

I remember back in the day. Some CHP officers would set up a sting around the corner from the police dept and hand out speeding tickets to all the officers speeding in patrol cars...... without a reason for speeding.

I heard the other night walnut creek stopped another dept speeding down one of their streets...

And I know most cocoso officers and chp hate wcpd. Hell most people do too...
Old 11-14-2008, 11:14 AM
banned

I can just see now a bunch of hayward cops playing the hokey pokey at the sidewalk @ a crosswalk..
You put your left foot in take your left foot out. Point to the car, Heres your ticket dont pout.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:26 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
haha sorry i read that last night buzzed haha and was like oh wow i be late to figure that out rofl.

Originally Posted by WRBLUEballs
just one so far.. im still trying to convince my other one lol.

hah yeah jen, we've been brothers my whole life lol
Old 11-14-2008, 11:28 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by I<3subie
AAA with a badge... Havent heard that one in a while...

CHP are good people.. most departments just dont get along much... Thats all. Some CHP officers say the same thing back.

I remember back in the day. Some CHP officers would set up a sting around the corner from the police dept and hand out speeding tickets to all the officers speeding in patrol cars...... without a reason for speeding.

I heard the other night walnut creek stopped another dept speeding down one of their streets...

And I know most cocoso officers and chp hate wcpd. Hell most people do too...

I don't hate the people or necessarily the job. I understand its importance of CHP and the difficulty of their jobs. Being a dick all day can't be easy. And I know first hand how difficult it is to be first on the scene of a really bad accident.

All I'm saying is that I think the money should go to the police department and investing in quality detectives. WAY too many violent crimes go unsolved because they're overloaded.

It's easy to get money past a board for 2 officers than 1 detective.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:47 AM
banned

I dont think its quality detectives. Its more the laws in which they can operate in. Thats where the problem is. Bad people have more rights then anyone else in the planet.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:59 AM
General Pimpin'

I dont think its quality detectives. Its more the laws in which they can operate in. Thats where the problem is. Bad people have more rights then anyone else in the planet.
word. that came out wrong.

I think there are not ENOUGH of them and they're overloaded. My uncle is a retired detective out of the inland empire.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:04 PM
banned

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
word. that came out wrong.

I think there are not ENOUGH of them and they're overloaded. My uncle is a retired detective out of the inland empire.
I bet he's a tough sob... He's got some stories for sure... You should get a vid cam and record some of them for your kids when they grow up.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:09 PM
General Pimpin'

He used to scare the living isht out of me as a kid. After my mom was killed he took me in for about 6-8 months while the government could track my dad down. HUGE dude. He'd get mad and he'd turn bright red and this vein would pop out of his forehead. Even in his 50's he could bench well over 300 pounds and due the peck bounce. Still can and he's over 60. I saw him a couple years ago. We crashed on his floor. My buddy jed (army/iraq) said that he woke up when my unc was walking by his head for coffee and all he could see was HUGE calves. He's all... that dude is scary. haaa.

I respect very few people at the level I respect my uncle. Great man.

Still drives 2 footed. haaa.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:56 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Well in front of a court house/police station. running a crosswalk.. lol
Agreed, of all places out & about...in front of a police station/court house is where you'd expect to see the most cops & thus should perk up your road awareness. If you one can't figure out to pay attention, maybe slow down, and remember the rules of the road in "the belly of the beast", then they deserve to be busted.

Shoot if WCPD wants some $$ they could just sit out @ La Scala on Main street and pinch ppl for no headlights at night, kids bumpin music, and loud trucks.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:21 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
they did this crosswalk ticketing in oregon and well the law is they have to be out of all of your lanes in order to even make the turn or go straight. When i moved here my husband is like your lane is open i said yeah but people are walking and not crossed all the way yet. He looked at me odd.. but i still wait til they are fully out of any of my lanes before i go.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:06 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by Gibz
they did this crosswalk ticketing in oregon and well the law is they have to be out of all of your lanes in order to even make the turn or go straight. When i moved here my husband is like your lane is open i said yeah but people are walking and not crossed all the way yet. He looked at me odd.. but i still wait til they are fully out of any of my lanes before i go.
exact same thing I do too......