So who got pulled over in Union City by CHP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:04 PM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
So who got pulled over in Union City by CHP?

WRBlueBalls and I saw WRB wrx pulled over by CHP on Whipple Blvd. It was this evening about 15 minutes ago?

What happen man?

Sorry bout that bro. . .
Name:  STIRUSHlogo.gif
Views: 22
Size:  355 Bytes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 PM

Car Info: FUPA RIDER!
yeah that totally sucks bro sorry to see you get popped hood like that ... I was the bugeye that drove by heading towards hesperian. my brother and i were coming back from walmart.

Last edited by WRBLUEballs; 11-14-2008 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
poor gingerbread man

Why did you get pulled over?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
poor gingerbread man

Why did you get pulled over?
heh I wasnt the guy who got pulled over.. i was driving by with my brother STIRUSH when we saw the guy.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:47 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
whoa I am late to the game I didn't know you guys were brothers..

hope the guy who got pulled didn't get into to much trouble.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:05 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
booooo on cops...

I know they have to do their job, but i hate when they have you pop the hood. Even when your stock they make you do it. Hope all came out good.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Gibz
whoa I am late to the game I didn't know you guys were brothers...
Seriously, How many subie owning I-club brothers do you have?!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Old 11-14-2008, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Seriously, How many subie owning I-club brothers do you have?!
just one so far.. im still trying to convince my other one lol.

Originally Posted by Gibz
whoa I am late to the game I didn't know you guys were brothers..

hope the guy who got pulled didn't get into to much trouble.
hah yeah jen, we've been brothers my whole life lol
Old 11-14-2008, 09:59 AM

Car Info: 03' Subaru Impreza WRX - R.I.P.
153 busted in a sting operation in Hayward

Just saw this in the news and my jaw dropped:

By my calculations, the tickets issued netted the city of hayward close to $50grand in just a few hours!!! Hopefully no law-abiding suby owners got caught

http://www.insidebayarea.com/dailyre...ws/ci_10978327

Crosswalk sting ensnares 153 drivers in Hayward
By Kristofer Noceda
The Daily Review
Article Last Updated: 11/13/2008 10:21:44 PM PST

HAYWARD — Police cited 153 motorists Thursday in a crosswalk sting conducted just outside police headquarters on West Winton Avenue.

A similar operation was held in August in the same area — on West Winton near Edloe Drive, between Amador and Santa Clara streets. The stretch is among the more congested in the city, police said.

"(The stings) are more for safety awareness," Lt. Sheryl Boykins said. "Our enforcement efforts will help drivers be more cognizant going through the intersection. I know the pedestrians have an appreciation for it."

The sting is part of a "high-impact traffic team," which includes Alameda County Sheriff's deputies, and officers from San Leandro, Hayward, Union City and the California Highway Patrol.

Similar stings are planned in other congested areas in southern Alameda County, said Sgt. Corey Quinn of the Hayward police traffic division.

Thursday's operation began at 10:30 a.m. and lasted until noon.

A cohort of three vehicles and nine motorcycles camped out in the parking lot of the Alameda County Office Building to monitor eastbound traffic on Winton. Another group of 10 motorcycles hid in an alley next to Reidy Bail Bonds and monitored traffic going west.

Police department employees posed as pedestrians and periodically walked through crosswalks.

If a driver failed to stop for a pedestrian in the crosswalk, he or she was pulled over and cited with a $285 ticket.

Motorists

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
who passed another vehicle that had stopped for a pedestrian and continued through the crosswalk were slapped with a $389 fine, Boykins said.

In addition to the citations, one individual was arrested for outstanding warrants and a driver with a suspended license had his vehicle towed.

"This area is just so busy. I don't blame the drivers," said Mike Akana, an attorney who crosses the intersection daily. "I've had to stop in the middle of the street several times and waited for cars to pass me by before crossing."

Pedestrians interviewed Thursday recommended the city install traffic lights at the intersection, and jokingly said officials should have enough funds given the high number of citations handed out that morning.

City engineers have looked into that possibility, but do not recommend posting traffic lights at West Winton and Edloe because lights already exist at Santa Clara and Amador streets — and the distance along West Winton between those streets and Edloe is too short, Boykins said.

In addition, "Winton is pretty much a dead zone from 8 p.m. to 10 a.m.," she added.

The sting held this past summer resulted in 69 motorists being ticketed. A near-accident during the summer, combined with a growing number of complaints from employees at adjacent county buildings, prompted authorities to look into the situation, officials said.

Police plan to conduct crosswalk stings on a quarterly basis each year. A future location being targeted is Tennyson Road in south Hayward — between Manon Avenue and Ruus Road.

Boykins also said the traffic team is looking to address a growing street racing problem in the Industrial Park area, with a sting coming soon.

"I have to believe there is some type of impact," she said regarding the stings. "People will never know which days we hold them, so they will be much more aware. And when they let their guard down again, by that time we will have another sting."
Old 11-14-2008, 10:11 AM

Car Info: '05 STI
Originally Posted by sonic_yellow
Boykins also said the traffic team is looking to address a growing street racing problem in the Industrial Park area, with a sting coming soon.
That's for the Foodmaxx Friday/Saturday guys that are also starting to filter into the UCKK thing on Tuesdays.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Ain't that some ****... the police setting up situations to give people tickets. hmmmmm.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Ain't that some ****... the police setting up situations to give people tickets. hmmmmm.
at least its for the crosswalk and not some straight bs.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:46 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Well in front of a court house/police station. running a crosswalk.. lol

Kinda funny if you got a ticket for almost hitting a person crossing. Then that person ended up being the judge you have to anwser too.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
they were doing those crosswalk stings in sf for a while and they had like 15 people pulled over all at once

Quick Reply: So who got pulled over in Union City by CHP?