So the Jets were tampering with Crabtree

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Nate Davis may very well be our future, but having another QB in the system is not a bad thing to have. Especially because Alex Smith will be gone after this season leaving us with only 2 QB's on the roster. I would be surprised if we don't end up with another QB (through the Draft or a veteran from some other team).

Competition can be a good thing (unless you're a Browns fan).
Yes, I agree having another QB is a good thing, however having another QB that is going to get the $'s that a Tebow, let alone a Bradford or McCoy are going to get, is not worth it. We can get a decent QB on the FA market for pennies compared to what we would spend in the draft. Hell, I bet we could get Garcia for pennies compared to Tebow and I would much, much, much rather have Garcia over Tebow.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:50 PM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
Originally Posted by 04subaruwrx
Let's trade Crabtee for Brandon Marshall!!!
Originally Posted by CHESTON
sarcasm noted
cuz that would be like
you guys already had TO...I though you would have wizened up to having another one like him
Old 09-21-2009, 04:13 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Get him outta here! He's just a prima donna lame *** kid. You have to prove you can do it in the big leagues before you ask for the money.
If they sign him, he's just going to ruin the chemistry.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:32 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by jewpac42
Yes, I agree having another QB is a good thing, however having another QB that is going to get the $'s that a Tebow, let alone a Bradford or McCoy are going to get, is not worth it. We can get a decent QB on the FA market for pennies compared to what we would spend in the draft. Hell, I bet we could get Garcia for pennies compared to Tebow and I would much, much, much rather have Garcia over Tebow.
We already had Garcia a long time ago and let him go. He's already signed with the Eagles at this point (2nd time with them). Honestly, he is at the end of his career and at best would only be a Stop Gap instead of a true Franchise QB. I honestly don't see much in the Free Agent market right now that would really be worth picking up which is why I think we should draft another QB in the draft next year.

Nate Davis does seem to have the tools needed to become a Franchise QB, but he is still developing right now. If we don't draft a QB then management must really be impressed with Davis and agree that he may be our future QB.

We very well might not go with a McCoy or Bradford in the draft next year unless they fall. Like I said though, I really do like Jimmy Clausen and he may be someone that we could get for a cheaper price later in the draft. I'd actually think that would be a very good pick for us. We honestly may be too worried about drafting another QB in the 1st round anyways after the failure of the Alex Smith pick (granted that draft class really has been one of the weakest draft classes in a long time).
Old 09-21-2009, 04:38 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Originally Posted by flukewrx
We already had Garcia a long time ago and let him go. He's already signed with the Eagles at this point (2nd time with them). Honestly, he is at the end of his career and at best would only be a Stop Gap instead of a true Franchise QB. I honestly don't see much in the Free Agent market right now that would really be worth picking up which is why I think we should draft another QB in the draft next year.

Nate Davis does seem to have the tools needed to become a Franchise QB, but he is still developing right now. If we don't draft a QB then management must really be impressed with Davis and agree that he may be our future QB.

We very well might not go with a McCoy or Bradford in the draft next year unless they fall. Like I said though, I really do like Jimmy Clausen and he may be someone that we could get for a cheaper price later in the draft. I'd actually think that would be a very good pick for us. We honestly may be too worried about drafting another QB in the 1st round anyways after the failure of the Alex Smith pick (granted that draft class really has been one of the weakest draft classes in a long time).
your right, that was a terrible draft. Niners should have traded down and gotten quality. EVERYONE knew Alex Smith was going to be a bust.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:58 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan

Insert "Michael Crabtree" in place of "Vernon Davis".
Old 09-21-2009, 11:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
i want a 49ers t-shirt that says "I WANT WINNERS"

were is that? cause that would be a HUGE seller
Old 09-22-2009, 10:22 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Bradford or McCoy are coming into the draft next year. But that is the least of our worries, I don't think the Niners have to invest in a QB for a good 5 years, and if Davis really does well, then that is the least of our worries.

Dline/DBs is where the niners need help. Either that, the DB/Dline coach needs to get fired, or hell, the whole defensive unit needs to get fired and the Niners need to hire someone like Rex Ryan. Niner's don't have a pass rush, that will forever lead to the detriment of DB coverage.

Jets defense is pretty nasty, and the blitzing scheme has offensive lines scratching their heads.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Bradford or McCoy are coming into the draft next year. But that is the least of our worries, I don't think the Niners have to invest in a QB for a good 5 years, and if Davis really does well, then that is the least of our worries.

Dline/DBs is where the niners need help. Either that, the DB/Dline coach needs to get fired, or hell, the whole defensive unit needs to get fired and the Niners need to hire someone like Rex Ryan. Niner's don't have a pass rush, that will forever lead to the detriment of DB coverage.

Jets defense is pretty nasty, and the blitzing scheme has offensive lines scratching their heads.
The pass rush has been pretty good in the first two games this year. Granted, we need help on the DLine, but the pass rush has not been non-existent like in recent years. I think sticking to the 3-4 and defining roles for the linemen/OLB's has helped a lot. Nolan's system was too confusing, it didnt know if it was a 3-4 or 4-3 and where the pressure was supposed to come from on any given play. What I would like to see more of is DB blitz's, I havent seen a single defensive back in the face of an opposing QB yet this year.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 PM

Car Info: Nadda
What makes sense is an overloading side of a blitz, or the crossing blitzes up the middle. The straight forward blitzes that the niners use are usually picked up ><. Too easy for offensive linemen. I like overloading one side and maybe dropping off the other side for coverage/zone
Old 09-22-2009, 03:00 PM

I imagine we will see more creative defensive playcalling in the future, but so far our scheme has been working for us, so why fix what ain't broke?