Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

While others states were fundraising, the CA perverts were destroying marriage.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 12:15 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
While others states were fundraising, the CA perverts were destroying marriage.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGSJEHC341.DTL

Ignoring the millions of votors in CA that overwhelmingly defined Marriage as a union between a man and woman, the state Senate approved a bill Thursday that would legalize same-sex marriage in California.

Wonderful... I guess CA is going to get a well-deserved natural disaster next .
Old 09-02-2005, 12:22 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
This has been discussed before...but why do you care if some gay people get married? It has nothing to do with you. You can make the same argument for allowing gay marriage that you can for gun ownership...if they're responsible and don't try to bother other people, who are you to say they can't?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:32 PM

What has been discussed before. That a small minority are pushing gay marriage down the throats of votors, even though the protection of gay marriage passed by voters, and by a large margin? That they slip things like this through while Californians are busy watching the hurricane on TV? That while they could be taking care of issues that concern most Californians, they are redefining marriage against the will of the vast majority?

You do realize they did this YESTERDAY, right?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:50 PM

I just don't understand why gay people getting married bothers you (or anybody else for that matter) so bad. From what I can tell, the people who want less gov't and less interfearence with their own daily lives from the gov't also want the gov't to interfear with gay people getting married...just seems selfish to me.
And marriage should be defined by your own marriage/relationship...if other people getting married (bad people, good people, gay people, whoever) somehow affects you and your wife's relationship or how you view your marriage, there's a problem there.

Last edited by MVWRX; 09-02-2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
I just don't understand why gay people getting married bothers you (or anybody else for that matter) so bad. From what I can tell, the people who want less gov't and less interfearence with their own daily lives from the gov't also want the gov't to interfear with gay people getting married...just seems selfish to me.
And marriage should be defined by your own marriage/relationship...if other people getting married (bad people, good people, gay people, whoever) somehow affects you and your wife's relationship or how you view your marriage, there's a problem there.
Not sure if you have some agenda here or not, but don't you think it's at all wrong for a tiny faction of government to overrule a clear, voted-on social issue? This is exactly the kind of decisions Americans citizens should AND HAVE DECIDED.

Don't you have any problem with the fact that this is their #1 priority, when our state has many other more serious issues to deal with?

And solely on this issue, Marriage is a union to raise children. I think you know how the parts work (or don't), and the still unsettled issues of adoption, parental rights, etc. Personally, I think it's unfair that kids adopted into these situations won't get a Mother or Father figure, and no less preference than a Man and Wife seeking to adopt.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Not sure if you have some agenda here or not, but don't you think it's at all wrong for a tiny faction of government to overrule a clear, voted-on social issue? This is exactly the kind of decisions Americans citizens should AND HAVE DECIDED.

No agenda, I just think of it this way: the vast majority of the state/country is not gay. Just like the vast majority of the state/country does not smoke cigarettes and disaproves of the habit. BUT we allow cigarette smoking on private property (and sometimes public) because it is a freedom that does not impinge on other people (even though smoking does in a way...this just furthers my point because gay marriage really doesn't affect anyone's lives except gay people...). So why make it illegal? I think gay marriage should be legal in the same way marijuana should be legal, and cigarettes alcohol and guns should stay legal.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:31 PM

It does bother me that the CA gov't is 'sneaking' this in when and how they are.

Marriage is about a lot more than kids nowadays. Do you think people who are not planning on having children should be barred from marriage? Or those not able to have children?

Like I said before, the 'meaning' or 'definition' of marriage is variable and it only matters that two people getting married agree on that meaning/definition. Noone else should give a damn about what those two people agree their marriage means. The state cannot 'redefine' marriage because the definition is mutable. When and if you respond, please remember that marriage predates Christianity also, so any 'definition' of marriage in the bible or church is merely the opinion of the church and it's members, not a set in stone definition.

I mean...A man and a woman turned into a man and 8 women for the mormons hahaha.

Last edited by MVWRX; 09-02-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:29 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by MVWRX
This has been discussed before...but why do you care if some gay people get married? It has nothing to do with you. You can make the same argument for allowing gay marriage that you can for gun ownership...if they're responsible and don't try to bother other people, who are you to say they can't?
Gun ownership is a right protected by the Constitution.
Marriage is not.
California voters overwhelmingly decided that marriage is to be between one man & one woman.
But the State Assembly overturned the voice of the people.

The reality is I don't give a **** if Bill & Ted want to get married.
But where is the line to be drawn?
Brother & sister?
Brother & brother?
Daughter & father?

Again, the citizen's of California chose the definition of "marriage" and the Assembly, in total disregard for the both the law & the people's will, over-rode it.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:54 AM

then you agree that you are argueing symantics...you really don't care if two homos get married right? You just are trained to object to it...

I mean...you'd only be offneded if you were gay and thought marriage was a bad idea right?!?!

Seriously...who here's life would be adversly affected if two homosexuals got married????

Last edited by MVWRX; 09-03-2005 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
it is bull**** mother****ing titles like the one you posted that are against the ****ing non enforceable rules in this stupid peice of **** forum.

READ THE ****ING RULES

And to the pathetic no ***** having *** moderators..

DO YOUR ****ING JOB ALLREADY

****ing pathetic, both for the poster and for the lame *** mods who dont do **** about such BLATENTLY INFLAMITORY POSTS.

you want to present an article or view?

DONT DO IT BY INSULTING ENTIRE SEGMENTS OF THE POPULATION WITH YOUR BIGOTRY AND STUPIDITY..

PS move the **** out of ca if you dont like it hella, plenty of space for you in southern VA..
Old 09-03-2005, 11:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I see nothing wrong with this thread. And it says nothing about BLATENTLY INFLAMITORY POSTS in the rules.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I think Helladumbs' point is more that they could have been doing something more important, than it is about his headline statement. We all know whatever the issue is, that he's going to insert a contraversial or offensive comment to stir things up. And guess what, it works every time, doesn't it. Don't get so worked up.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:14 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
For all the stupid ish you have said, this comment takes the cake. Come on man... are you 12 years old or something? Do you read the Left Behind series 24/7 while condemning every colored, gay, and strong-minded woman to dante's inferno?? WTF is your problem?

While you may not have broken any forum rules, you show complete disregard to the unspoken rule of a moderate level of decency. Again, thanks for flushing this forum down the sh!tter.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:52 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGSJEHC341.DTL

Ignoring the millions of votors in CA that overwhelmingly defined Marriage as a union between a man and woman, the state Senate approved a bill Thursday that would legalize same-sex marriage in California.

Yeah, all that sinning has put you guys well over-due. Earthquake anyone?
Old 09-07-2005, 05:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by Salty
I see nothing wrong with this thread. And it says nothing about BLATENTLY INFLAMITORY POSTS in the rules.

maybe if he was insulting part of a group in which you belonged to you would see wtf i am talking about.

But hey keep calling gay people perverts im sure they dont take offense to it at all...

i mean those ***gots should be used to being called much worse right? i mean they do suck ***** and take it in the ****ter after all, whats a little word going to do to them? i mean just think of all that **** bleeding that happens after a stint of no *** ****ing.. oh wait.. i forgot they allways get ****ed in the *** they are ****ing ***gots right!! ohh **** yo! i forgot all ***gots are ****ing ****** who sleep around and suck dick for ****ing blow!!

doh how the **** could i forget?!!

get my point now?

Quick Reply: While others states were fundraising, the CA perverts were destroying marriage.