since the trays have a thread, ROLL CALL - SKIERS....you know who you are....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:39 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
I ride squaw haha, but I can also get down with the skis....but in my heard I ride till I die haha
same here, have a family cabin up on christy lane. if its storming i can ski all the way down to the village
Old 10-10-2009, 08:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by josh
eastbay - you MUST get an avi beacon. I use mine IN BOUNDS at Squaw often. But as far as backcountry, it is a must. The technology is getting better and better, and a good class on how to use one is easy to find. let me know if you need help with that.......
No lessons needed. Maybe just a refresher course. We used to do transceiver training every year at our snow camping trip in boy scouts.

Pray for snow!!!

-Brian
Old 10-10-2009, 08:27 AM

Car Info: Heated Leather Seats
Originally Posted by PhatNuts
Any telemark skiers out there?
I took a tele lesson last year, but I don't have my own equipment. The leg strength required to tele is pretty amazing. After a half day lesson I could hardly walk the next day. Fun stuff though!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:07 AM

Car Info: 08 Wrx hatch
Since the snow(im totally)board'ers have there thread, i want a skier thread.

i cannot wait to try out my new blizzards this year. in fact, i am settin up lots of backcountry skiing using my sled friends to pull me out.

anyone down for some sick pow skiing WAAAAYYY in the woods with free lift up? it is nuts......ski all day HALF the lines. then come back the next day and (if it hasnt snowed) and ski the OTHER half.

i also have a pass at Squaw. Anyone else here ski Squaw?
Josh - I have a Squaw pass as well as a backcountry setup (AT) with a sweet beacon. Let's hit up Tallac, Castle, Donner, etc. Here is a sweet website that I use frequently. I'm down to get some laps in once we get some solid snow. But yes, I also use my beacon IN BOUNDS at Squaw on a powpow day. Last year, my buddy died on Red Dog (In bounds avie). Let's get a iclub ride scheduled!

WHO's IN???? for some BBQ, drinks, & thrashin some lines!?!

http://www.tahoebackcountry.net/skiing/default.htm

Old 10-10-2009, 01:22 PM

Car Info: The 4 Train
sugar is super fun!! i used to race for UCD and that was our home hill.....great steeps and skiing off the backside to Donner lake is a hoot...just be careful of the snow sheds, they are about a 40ft drop.....

and no, snowboarders didnt bring pow skis to the snow world. skiers did. i used to manage a small shop at the base of Squaw, and the big mid-90's fat skis push sort of started there. a handful of us (Mcconkey, JT, krietler, Wayes, McKitrick, Mosley,etc) started getting atomic powder plus' for nuthin' from old farts who thought they were too heavy. the stats were like 134-130-134. NO sidecut, and a radius of like 120m. BUT, they were locomotives in our beloved Sierra Cement. Not to far from the old pow ski rage came Volant Chubbs. That is when the manu's really started to see the market for pow skis, and ther rest is history. i still have a set of Atomis Pow pluses in plastic. I have several young dudes who are BEGGING me for them, although i think the new rockered skis rule the roost as far as powder skis go.....and really, pow skis in AK go even further back...."cheater skis" they used to call them...

josh
The bowl is like my second home, I started skiing there when I was 3, raced for them for 6 yrs, and worked there for another 6 yrs. even tho I sometimes get bored because "how many friggen times have I skied this run?!" I still love it, lol. All my friends are up there, never a dull moment.

And McConkey... man, I spent a good day sobbing while watching "There's Something About McConkey" on repeat when he passed. He was (and still is) my idol.

Originally Posted by SwisherKing
Josh - I have a Squaw pass as well as a backcountry setup (AT) with a sweet beacon. Let's hit up Tallac, Castle, Donner, etc. Here is a sweet website that I use frequently. I'm down to get some laps in once we get some solid snow. But yes, I also use my beacon IN BOUNDS at Squaw on a powpow day. Last year, my buddy died on Red Dog (In bounds avie). Let's get a iclub ride scheduled!

WHO's IN???? for some BBQ, drinks, & thrashin some lines!?!

http://www.tahoebackcountry.net/skiing/default.htm

Was your buddy the one that passed away the day before christmas or christmas day? I heard about that, very sad

Sometimes my dad will hook it up with a squaw ticket for me, I will let ya know and maybe we can meet up.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 AM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
swisherking, i know the Hudsons rather well. I am pretty sure i know who you buddie was....

and yes, i am in foir bbq etc... that is how all my snomo buddies fly.

Danielle, i used to get bored every now and again. but as you said, its skiing at that point, and i loved the workout you could get.

and shane passing is still a hard one for me. he was such a pioneer and yet one of the goofiest mf'ers i ever hung out with. his off camera antics (and family guy antics) are moments i treasure with all my heart....reminds me to live each day like its my last...

and get those tix from ur dad. i have some ins too, i just need to know a few days in advance...

josh

josh
Old 10-11-2009, 06:13 PM

Car Info: bici putas
typhoon rolling in!!! check noaa!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:33 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Yo! If anyone needs a ski rack I have one for sale. Fits sedans and comes with locks and keys.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal-classifieds-96/yakima-ski-snowboard-rack-locks-keys-211031/
Old 10-12-2009, 09:45 AM

Hey Josh,
If I can't get tix from my dad I will give you a heads up... that would be really awesome! Thanks man!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:59 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Going for boreal for the first RUN of the season! lol

Hopefully they'll have some kickers set up so it won't be a single flat green run
Old 10-15-2009, 08:37 PM

hey anybody know of a good boot fitter in the area?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 09:06 PM

I don't know a good boot fitter in the bay, but in Truckee there is Cosmo's Footwerks on Palisades (next to 7-11 on hwy 267). My dad and older brother go there for boot fitting.
I have always had my boots fit by Reggie, who I think still works at the villiage ski shop at Sugar Bowl, but not sure if he's there anymore.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:54 AM

Car Info: 08 Wrx hatch
Originally Posted by theo79
hey anybody know of a good boot fitter in the area?

Thanks
Theo -

I know a guy named Mike, up at Nstar. He works in Elite Feet and is also the Armada rep for the greater Tahoe area. He is solid and knows how to fit a boot very well! I had custom footbeds made by him. Here is a link below. Fyi, tell him Chris sent you and you might get a discount.

http://www.northstarattahoe.com/info...elite_feet.asp

-Chris
Old 10-16-2009, 12:44 PM

thanks guys!

Ps super bummed all the snow melted at boreal....guess that what happens when they try to open this early lol
Old 10-16-2009, 12:53 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Its all sliding down huge mountains on planks of wood. I prefer two of them. Plus, I can go faster, go bigger, go farther back, traverse huge backcountry lines better, spin faster, and I dont have to worry about flat spots on the mountain cause I can skate, and I have poles!

Skiing FTW.

Quick Reply: since the trays have a thread, ROLL CALL - SKIERS....you know who you are....