Santa Cruz Subaru mod-friendly?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 11:38 AM

Car Info: 2015 Subaru Forester XT
Santa Cruz Subaru mod-friendly?

Hi all, I have a 2015 Forester XT with Invidia Q300 exhaust, and I'm about to install Mann Engineering springs. I need to do my 18k mile maintenance and I'm trying to get some warranty work done (Bluetooth sucks, dashboard rattling), and I'm trying to make sure that they're gonna be pretty mod-friendly since I do have a few mods and I don't want them to deny the warranty work.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:51 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
If your mods are not directly related to what you're getting fixed it shouldn't be a problem.

I had a lot of warranty work done though subaru... stereo, trans syncro, water pump, turbo, power steering pump... etc. All with mods on my car.

But honestly... I'd go in on that dash rattle BEFORE you install the springs. Stiffer suspension can be the cause of things shaking loose and they wouldn't be out of line denying that claim.

They've actually offered to install parts for me over the years. I'm going through there today if you'd like me to talk to the service manager.

Need to pick up a bolt.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
If your mods are not directly related to what you're getting fixed it shouldn't be a problem.

I had a lot of warranty work done though subaru... stereo, trans syncro, water pump, turbo, power steering pump... etc. All with mods on my car.

But honestly... I'd go in on that dash rattle BEFORE you install the springs. Stiffer suspension can be the cause of things shaking loose and they wouldn't be out of line denying that claim.

They've actually offered to install parts for me over the years. I'm going through there today if you'd like me to talk to the service manager.

Need to pick up a bolt.
Sweet thanks! Are you tight with any of them that you can refer me to? I was originally planning on waiting until my next service appt which I've scheduled for May 18th, but I might go earlier now because the Bluetooth thing is really pissing me off. Can't even stay connected more than 2 minutes before getting kicked off.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:15 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Not anymore. Damn it... I keep forgetting to get my bolt.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:41 PM

Damn lol. Well I've scheduled my appointment for this coming Wednesday to fix the Bluetooth issue that's pissing me off so much and to fix that damn dash rattle. I'll see how the appointment goes.