San Francisco drivers.!!!!! run!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:44 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
San Francisco drivers.!!!!! run!

Holy crap. What is it with people in the bay area and SF in particular. The whole world revolves around them and they don't pay attention to crap.

I work of Mission and New Montgomery and they are doing crap loads of construction on mission...those metal plates are EVERYWHERE> i drove down the road going like 3 mph this morning.

Well I'm on my way to get my coffee and I'm walking across the street about 30 feet past the crosswalk area and this truck comes around the corner..no big deal..he goes by I walk behind him...THEN..this like mid 90's camry comes flying down mission to make the turn and nails one of the plates. I just here this slam and look over as this camry goes airborn and then starts bouncing...front bumper/rear bumper over and over coming right for me.

I jumped and did this jacked up skip hop thing between a couple cars and jumped on the curb. These guys are sitting there all wide eyed and I'm like.....Oh hell no. Crazy bastards. And they started laughing.

WTF was that....car looked like it had hydrolics that got the terminator 3 computer virus man...they were takin over and trying to kill all human life.

craziest thing is the guy just stayed on the gas and his facial expression didn't change...it was like a daily experience for him to smash his car into the ground. Go figure.

Damn San Francisco.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
wow hahaha
Old 05-02-2005, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 toyota tacoma
downtown is a mess right now..too much construction and the roads are too bumpy. i avoid driving around downtown unless i really have to.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:34 AM

Car Info: BMW X5M. No more twinscroll LGT
it's walking that is so dangerous in SF....seriously, many pedestrians killed every year...total bummer.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:45 AM

That sounds about par for the course.

Ever drive down 5th street towards Market? I do it every day. It's really insane how bad the road is.

I can't imagine an STi in The City.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:52 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by n192da
That sounds about par for the course.

Ever drive down 5th street towards Market? I do it every day. It's really insane how bad the road is.

I can't imagine an STi in The City.

yeah...I come up through that area on my loop to my parking garage. I usually come up 3rd instead though.

it's madness.

And yes...walking is very dangerous. Drivers don't pay attention and peds don't show enough respect or awareness for those around them.

I've seen some craziness. I've seen people get into fights (car/peds) people open doors as cars drive by. Kick doors. Punch windows. throw bottles...you name it. I've seen pedestrians just walk in front of car when the cars had the right away. Bums in wheelchairs crawl through intersections. Its nuts. For peds and for drivers. Just a terrible situation trying to drive out here.

Last week I nearly nailed someone. I made a right and continued down the road. Someone had stopped in the middle of the road to let someone walk in front of them...well I couldn't see through the car and didn't know why they were stopped. Less than a foot from taggin the guy.

Most cases I put just as much blame on bike riders, peds, and drivers in accidents. Problem is..EVERYONE thinks the world revolves around THEM. So when you have a couple hundred thousand people wondering around in their own private worlds it creates a pretty hectic little galaxy.

I've been hit by a car on my bike a few times. All but one of the times I had ATLEAST a little bit of the blame.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
San Francisco = Armpit of US. No matter how hard you try to cover it up it still stinks.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
I feel ya man. How I wish everyday that I could kick S.F. ten years into the past. Life was good then
Old 05-02-2005, 01:05 PM

Car Info: Silver '04 STI
anybody take the 5th st exit into the city and then turn right onto 6th (right by the end-up)? that might be the worst stretch of road ever. i take that way home everyday and the abs kicks in even at 5mph! and its been that way for years...
Old 05-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
i know how you feel. I used to live in SF and hated the damn place. Glad I don't live/work there now. Good thing is you didn't get hit by that crazy driver.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:17 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by ipozestu
San Francisco = Armpit of US. No matter how hard you try to cover it up it still stinks.
I'm sorry, but SF is leaps and bounds better than many other cities. Try Chicago or even Troy, NY.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:18 PM
General Pimpin'

it's getting pretty bad. They keep building more and more buildings, tearing up more and more roads...yet everyone is leaving, vacancy rates are through the roof.....home and business. Less and less people want to be here, business' included. It's really sad really. It's such a great city with such a great history. I played tourist for 4 days a couple weeks ago and stayed in a hotel and did all the touristy stuff. Such an amazing history and such a great place we have here at our finger tips. Yet we want to destroy it. Tear down all the old history and put new stuff in. Raise prices. Yet all the while business' are outsourcing all the work, nobody wants to pay S.F. wages so most offices are getting moved out of city, state or country. Somewhere along the line greed covered up all the good stuff and we forgot to maintain some history. It's possible to mix old with new, update old...etc. Look at cities like chicago.

Just getting crazy all over California I guess. Stupid greedy bastards.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:19 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by mcowger
I'm sorry, but SF is leaps and bounds better than many other cities. Try Chicago or even Troy, NY.

I think chicago is great. SF is awesome....but it's just getting worse and worse. I like that cities like chicago keep the old buildings and what not. I'm hoping to go to chicago in the next couple months.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:28 PM

Having driven through Gary, Indiana, I can say with full confidence you're wrong.

To find Gary, you drive east to you smell it and north 'till you step in it.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Car Info: BMW X5M. No more twinscroll LGT
chicago is my home town....definitely a nice place but like everyone says, winter can be a total beeyatch there

that said, jobs are plentiful and housing is less expensive, but it offers a very diferrent lifestyle than here.

Quick Reply: San Francisco drivers.!!!!! run!