Sad times for owners and their imported GT-Rs

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 06:10 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STI
Wow that sucks for them hardcore
Old 10-01-2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
ugh, the LDM GTR drama continues..

worse part is, some of these GTRs WERE FEDERALIZED! Motorex did all the homework and spent tens of thousands to make the R32s and R33s they imported meet NHTSA safety standards and were legally registered NOT as kit cars.

Only problem is Motorex then got in trouble by bringing in R34s and thought they could cheat by calling them R33s so they wouldnt have to go though the headache of and cost of federalizing a third model GTR.

Unfortunately, any R34s here are screwed, but any of the old Motorex R32s and R33s are fully legit. Seems like the DOTs left hand doesnt know what its right hand is doing. Theres gonna be some lawsuits.
is Motorex still in business?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:19 PM

Car Info: Stage 2 '13 WRX hatch
Originally Posted by TurnWRX

http://skylinegt-r.wikidot.com/0-60mrex

tl;dr answer...no.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
nope, been gone for a while. Last i heard the guy that started it was in federal prison, for all kinds of ****.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:29 PM

So what's the deal with the website http://www.motorex.net ? Looks like they're still in business, I think...
Old 10-01-2009, 06:48 PM

this is the dumbest **** in the world, 500 permits per year? whats the point of that. JUST CHARGE A GODDAMN FEE YOU IDIOTS. I hate the federal government, I really believe this country would be better off without it.

I'd really like someone to account for the time and money spent on targeting these cars. When will the wasting stop, and illegitimate choices by government workers and officials to benefit themselves (while ****ting on the rest of us) because it's in the scope of their jobs. People should be ashamed!

What are we accomplishing here, no one seems to GIVE A ****

Last edited by slow04wrx; 10-01-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
So what's the deal with the website http://www.motorex.net ? Looks like they're still in business, I think...
looks like they took the contact info off on the contact page. Also last event details are from the end of 2004.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:36 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
I bet all the skylines put together aren't even going to amount to more than maybe 4-5 thousand cars. Why wont they spend the money on this to fix the f**cking economy and the healthcare issues.
What a bunch of hooey
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by Krinkov
ugh, the LDM GTR drama continues..

worse part is, some of these GTRs WERE FEDERALIZED! Motorex did all the homework and spent tens of thousands to make the R32s and R33s they imported meet NHTSA safety standards and were legally registered NOT as kit cars.

Only problem is Motorex then got in trouble by bringing in R34s and thought they could cheat by calling them R33s so they wouldnt have to go though the headache of and cost of federalizing a third model GTR.

Unfortunately, any R34s here are screwed, but any of the old Motorex R32s and R33s are fully legit. Seems like the DOTs left hand doesnt know what its right hand is doing. Theres gonna be some lawsuits.
Based on the article (and other information I've read in the past) they only did the Crash Tests for the R33's. While they may have done the modifications to the R32's as well, it doesn't look like they ever did any Crash Tests with those models either so technically the only really "Legal" cars they sold were the R33's.

Interesting though that the D.O.T. decided to just give bonds to anyone that had imported their Skylines through Motorex.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
I bet all the skylines put together aren't even going to amount to more than maybe 4-5 thousand cars. Why wont they spend the money on this to fix the f**cking economy and the healthcare issues.
What a bunch of hooey

Maybe they are taking advantage of an opportunity to get a bunch of valuable cars for really cheap, and then flipping them somewhere else?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
What a bunch of hooey
More like less than 500 nationwide.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by international B
More like less than 500 nationwide.
seriously if even that. I'd say more like 1-200 tops.

Put it this way, they made 3000 STIs a year, so 5000 GTRs would be nearly all the 06-07 STIs on the road, I see at least 1-2 of those a day here. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I've seen any R32/33/34 on the road in the last 10 years! this is some REAL bureaucratic BS thats an answer to a problem that doesnt exist

Old 10-01-2009, 10:39 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by international B
Technically if i understand it correctly, the only people that it should apply to is KAizo, because the defrauded the customer by selling them something not completely legal.

ahh... if that's the case, then i stand corrected...

i'd sue whoever could be link to kaizo then...
Old 10-01-2009, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
this is the dumbest **** in the world, 500 permits per year? Whats the point of that. Just charge a goddamn fee you idiots. I hate the federal government, i really believe this country would be better off without it.

I'd really like someone to account for the time and money spent on targeting these cars. When will the wasting stop, and illegitimate choices by government workers and officials to benefit themselves (while ****ting on the rest of us) because it's in the scope of their jobs. People should be ashamed!

What are we accomplishing here, no one seems to give a ****
yes
Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Why aren't they busting down the doors at Canepas taking the 959's away?

It's all done under the same loophole.

Quick Reply: Sad times for owners and their imported GT-Rs