S.F. Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 11:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
I hate Politics. Can we all just get along, make lots of money and move on w/ our lives?
Old 01-18-2003, 11:16 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Newsweek did a poll:

60% say no war, a more peaceful solution is needed

39% are for a way without the UN

81 are for a war if the UN is for it

-Gagan
Old 01-18-2003, 11:21 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Gagan- I'm glad that someone mentioned the Versailles treaty. I'm glad at least one person on this board understands what really was the cause of Hitler's Rise and WWII. When you have all the European nations aligned and gearing up for war since the late 1800's, and then you get the war you wanted (WWI), and then you leave defeated Germany with all of the war guilt, and you let the French isht on your country, I call BS......The Versailles treaty is one of the saddest things to have ever happened.

As for WTC, I dare someone to prove that Osama is any more to blame for it than our damn Government........If this Nation knew what "Security" was, none of this would have never happened.

And for all of you reading this thread, who approve of war w/Iraq.....how many of you own your own business, and can have your life savings pissed down the drain by these actions???

I can't stand having a retarded puppet for Prez........

Last edited by Group B; 01-18-2003 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:35 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally posted by dahveed
Gagan- I'm glad that someone mentioned the Versailles treaty. I'm glad at least one person on this board understands what really was the cause of Hitler's Rise and WWII. When you have all the European nations aligned and gearing up for war since the late 1800's, and then you get the war you wanted (WWI), and then you leave defeated Germany with all of the war guilt, and you let the French isht on your country, I call BS......The Versailles treaty is one of the saddest things to have ever happened.

As for WTC, I dare someone to prove that Osama is any more to blame for it than our damn Government........If this Nation knew what "Security" was, none of this would have never happened.
So you're saying that Osama Bin Laden had nothing to do with the WTC attacks? And it's our fault for having the WTC attacked?Please explain.

And Andy, it's the Aleutian Islands, but I think they're safe for now.

Yeah, I really doubted that NK could deliver one of those nukes. I'm not trying to pry into any classified info here but I'd like to ask you a few questions.

IF Korea could obtain a vehicle to deliver a warhead to the west coast of the US, what are the chances that it would get through and actually detonate?

Korea can deliver a warhead to Japan, so what are the chances that it would detonate correctly?

What I'm getting at is "how good are our missile defenses here and in other countries like Japan."
Old 01-18-2003, 11:53 PM

A little song....

(Sung to the tune of "If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands")

If we cannot find Osama, Bomb Iraq.
If the markets hurt your Mama, Bomb Iraq.
If the terrorists are Saudi,
And the bank takes back your Audi,
And the TV shows are bawdy, Bomb Iraq.

If the corporate scandal's growin', Bomb Iraq.
If your ties to them are showin', Bomb Iraq.
If the smoking gun ain't smokin',
We don't care, and we're not jokin',
That Saddam will soon be croakin', Bomb Iraq.

Even if we have no allies, Bomb Iraq.
From the sand dunes to the valleys, Bomb Iraq.
So to hell with the inspections;
Let's look tough for the elections,
Close your mind and take directions, Bomb Iraq.

While the globe is slowly warming, Bomb Iraq.
Yeah, the clouds of war are storming, Bomb Iraq.
If the ozone hole is growing,
Some things we prefer not knowing.
(Though our ignorance is showing)
Bomb Iraq.

So here's one for dear old daddy, Bomb Iraq.
From his favorite little laddy, Bomb Iraq.
Saying no would look like treason,
It's the Hussein hunting season,
Even if we have no reason, Bomb Iraq.

USA! USA! #1!

I can't see how you could be for war. Iraqs people died from starvation because of our sanctions. If that is not a terrorist act I don't know what is. My mom was in the miltary and I respect them for who they are. But I can not respect a person that I have met and talked to several times and believe is a idiot. That person is our president. (Don't believe me look where I live. My family is very involved in politics.) I can also state that Saddam does not pose a real threat to us at this time. I belive its more to the point of keeping the american public happy with our president and the bad job he has done so far. And money of course. bigger threat is North Korea. Wether you want to admit that or not. Its simple nuclear power gives a person the ability to blow up a city and cause tons of damage. It doesn't have to be used as a missle either. Now say what you want BADWRX about me spoting liberal retoric but those are my beliefs. And I have a perspective that most Americans do not. And I believe this war, can it really be called a war, is not about taking Saddam out of power but keeping Bush's chances of re-election alive.

Last edited by Unregistered; 01-18-2003 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Old School

I believe Andy, he does this for a living.

Still though, It's korea we need to worry about, not Saddam...

we should have blown Bhagdads dam up 12 years ago... we should have taken care of all this then.

i'm through, i'm not gonna argue anymore here. I just hope we don't bring our own end to ourselves.

-Gagan
Old 01-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Old School

Re: A little song....

Originally posted by Unregistered
(Sung to the tune of "If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands")

If we cannot find Osama, Bomb Iraq.
If the markets hurt your Mama, Bomb Iraq.
If the terrorists are Saudi,
And the bank takes back your Audi,
And the TV shows are bawdy, Bomb Iraq.

If the corporate scandal's growin', Bomb Iraq.
If your ties to them are showin', Bomb Iraq.
If the smoking gun ain't smokin',
We don't care, and we're not jokin',
That Saddam will soon be croakin', Bomb Iraq.

Even if we have no allies, Bomb Iraq.
From the sand dunes to the valleys, Bomb Iraq.
So to hell with the inspections;
Let's look tough for the elections,
Close your mind and take directions, Bomb Iraq.

While the globe is slowly warming, Bomb Iraq.
Yeah, the clouds of war are storming, Bomb Iraq.
If the ozone hole is growing,
Some things we prefer not knowing.
(Though our ignorance is showing)
Bomb Iraq.

So here's one for dear old daddy, Bomb Iraq.
From his favorite little laddy, Bomb Iraq.
Saying no would look like treason,
It's the Hussein hunting season,
Even if we have no reason, Bomb Iraq.

USA! USA! #1!

I can't see how you could be for war. Iraqs people died from starvation because of our sanctions. If that is not a terrorist act I don't know what is. My mom was in the miltary and I respect them for who they are. But I can not respect a person that I have met and talked to several times and believe is a idiot. That person is our president. (Don't believe me look where I live. My family is very involved in politics.) I can also state that Saddam does not pose a real threat to us at this time. I belive its more to the point of keeping the american public happy with our president and the bad job he has done so far. And money of course. bigger threat is North Korea. Wether you want to admit that or not. Its simple nuclear power gives a person the ability to blow up a city and cause tons of damage. It doesn't have to be used as a missle either. Now say what you want BADWRX about me spoting liberal retoric but those are my beliefs. And I have a perspective that most Americans do not. And I believe this war, can it really be called a war, is not about taking Saddam out of power but keeping Bush's chances of re-election alive.
Praise it bruda, praise it...

-Gagan
Old 01-19-2003, 12:05 AM
@Stoptech

Re: A little song....

Its simple nuclear power gives a person the ability to blow up a city and cause tons of damage. It doesn't have to be used as a missle either.
Please explain. How does possessing a nuclear warhead without a delivery system give a country the option of "blowing up" any city other than its own?

Oh and Gagan, I don't mean to argue. Just to discuss and learn.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:09 AM

What i ment is they don't need to use a missile to transport it to a city then detonate it. Nuclear power can harm us in more than the use of sending off a missile. Thats what im more worried about than a simple missile.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:15 AM
@Stoptech

Okay, I'm going to look at your spelling and grammar and try to still assume that you're an intelligent person.

What does "Nuclear power can harm us in more than the use of sending off a missile. Thats what im more worried about than a simple missile." mean?

How do you propose they deliver such a warhead? Suitcase?
Old 01-19-2003, 12:20 AM

Excuse me for my grammer and spelling buts 2am in the morning and I have been up since yesterday. But to answer your so rudley stated question. Im sure there are many ways to transport a war head. Im not a expert on nuclear power by any means of the word. But from my understanding it would not be that diffucult for a countries government to have a war head transported and detonated. And if you do not mean to argue then why do you use language that makes me believe that you are looking for one?
Old 01-19-2003, 12:31 AM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Odds are that the N. Korean nuke uses a Uranium Gun type detonator. Those things are massive. The only countries with the capability of making a suitcase sized Nuke are China (Stolen U.S. W88 technology) Russia, and the U.S.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:22 AM
@Stoptech

Excuse me for my grammer and spelling buts 2am in the morning and I have been up since yesterday. But to answer your so rudley stated question. Im sure there are many ways to transport a war head. Im not a expert on nuclear power by any means of the word. But from my understanding it would not be that diffucult for a countries government to have a war head transported and detonated. And if you do not mean to argue then why do you use language that makes me believe that you are looking for one?
So North Korea does not have means to deliver a nuclear warhead to our shores. Thus it would be difficult for a country to a warhead transported and detonated. You're right you are not an expert on nuclear power.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:28 AM

hmmm lets look at what BADWRX states China does have the capabilty too.....hence N. Korea could get it from them since they are "friends". Its a possiblity. And true I don't know a lot about nuclear weapons. But I also don't act like a ***. And for the reason why China would give it to them? If you don't know then read up on the history why china is friends with N. Korea.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:44 AM
Old School

China wouldn't give **** to NK...

China would rather keep something like that to themselves, because it's such a huge advantage. I don't see them giving technology like that to NK. I would also like to state that the current leader of NK is insance. Serisouly. He's weird. He's like the son or nephew of the guy who brought communism to Korea. The first guy was a nation builder. This guy is just a exploiter. It's all going to his head, and he's ruining what his father/uncle has done for the country.

There is nothing wrong with Karl Marx communist economic system. Unfortunatly, no country today uses it. No country is communist, they are all either run by one person or a few people. Although Cuba isn't bad at all. I mean, Fidel isn't a threat, and i'd say he's the closest to a true communist economic system.

sorry, getting off track with my "liberal views" right Andy?

-Gagan

Quick Reply: S.F. Tomorrow