Rotella users roll call

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:14 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Gancherov
Do you realize that you have completely failed in separating yourself from that group of people in any possible way? My point, which I will clarify since you seem to have an issue with reading comprehension, is that you are also a "short bus riding retard" as you so kindly put it. Thank you for your input on this matter, but unless you have any genuine input that hasn't freely fallen past the worn out sphincter that is your face I would ask you to please avoid polluting these oil change threads with your ****.
Once again, you fail, and fail big kid.

As I have said every ****ing time, read the manufactures spec for the oil. Is T6 recommended for catted gas motors by Shell...NO. That's it, period, run it or don't, its at your risk to your car if you do, or don't.

I really couldn't give a ****, but when snot nosed, punk little kids like you spew out the same regurgitated **** because your too stupid to do your own research and read, it kinda pisses me off, because you taint other peoples views in the process. Now, perhaps when you grow up, and get old enough to have a little wisdom in that empty ****ing head of yours, you will understand all this.

Surgant pueri, senes cognoscere
Old 01-11-2014, 06:22 AM

What is really kind of sad, is all this back and forth is over a few dollars. Because a few folks want to save 10-15 bucks on a oil change on their 15K+ dollar car.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:36 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Originally Posted by Overbear
Once again, you fail, and fail big kid.

As I have said every ****ing time, read the manufactures spec for the oil. Is T6 recommended for catted gas motors by Shell...NO. That's it, period, run it or don't, its at your risk to your car if you do, or don't.

I really couldn't give a ****, but when snot nosed, punk little kids like you spew out the same regurgitated **** because your too stupid to do your own research and read, it kinda pisses me off, because you taint other peoples views in the process. Now, perhaps when you grow up, and get old enough to have a little wisdom in that empty ****ing head of yours, you will understand all this.

Surgant pueri, senes cognoscere
Even though its certified for gasoline engines? Its not written anywhere on a bottle of T6 to use it in a car with a cat.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
So what im gathering from all these oil change threads is that rotella t6 is great for our engines but will destroy or cats. Is that safe to say? So if you run rotella to save money, go catless... because a new cat aint cheap...
Old 01-11-2014, 08:47 AM

Will only harm your cat if your engine burns oil. And all types of oil will harm the cat, if you burn oil. By burning oil, I mean if you have to add more than 1qt between oil changes.

Last edited by jdblock; 01-11-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by jdblock
Even though its certified for gasoline engines? Its not written anywhere on a bottle of T6 to use it in a car with a cat.
Certified and recommended are 2 different things. There are oils out there "certified" to work with the Lotus, but they will void any warrantee you have if you run them and not run exactly what they say to.

Like I said, run what you want. Caveat Emptor
Old 01-11-2014, 09:14 AM

This isn't a Lotus. Who was talking about warranty?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 04 wagon
Im only going to post in here once since these threads are getting ridiculous.

Here's what you need to know.
-T6 has more phosphorous than most gas oils. Phosphorous can kill the catalyst in catalytic converters.

If you burn alot of oil and have cats this is something you might worry about. If that doesn't apply to you, then you are fine to run it. Samples of this oil have been tested plenty of times in Subaru's. Its a cheap good oil that alot of guys run.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by ddavis

-T6 has more phosphorous than most gas oils. Phosphorous can kill the catalyst in catalytic converters.

If you burn alot of oil and have cats this is something you might worry about. If that doesn't apply to you, then you are fine to run it. Samples of this oil have been tested plenty of times in Subaru's. Its a cheap good oil that alot of guys run.
Yet another reason to go catless Btw did you know the BAR doesn't recommend using any chemical agents in your car to clean carbon buildup because it kills your catalytic converter.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Just switched to t6 from rp530.

Little harder to start when the temp gets down to freezing. Feels like it runs better tho! Cant beat it for 20 bucks a gallon!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:25 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Here. ( use it in the Lude )
Old 01-13-2014, 10:50 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by ddavis

Thank you for this. Finally someone saying WHY its "not recommended" by those mention it.

Everyone argues why it works well for engine but neglects whether its good for a whole system. So while the engine may love it, it's probably not the best solution for a catted car... Which is my case.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:23 PM

It has 20% more zddp than the average oil. So if you burn 20% less oil or more with T6, you will be contaminating the catalytic converter less.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:39 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Maybe figure out why your car burns so much damn oil?! Lol.
I had a 9k mile oci once and only had normal consumption. Went from 3/4 full dipstick to 1/2 full dipstick.
I drive it hard too.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:35 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by mooshoo
Did any of you experience any loss in power or a drop in mpg? 5/40 seems a bit heavy...
I run 10W-60 with no loss of power/mpg.

Quick Reply: Rotella users roll call