rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 PM

Man going to boreal is so not worth the drive, I rather play in the snow somewhere. Unless you wanna get hammered and go nightboarding.........
Old 10-29-2010, 08:04 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
All I know is I now have my triple wammy!!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:08 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
All I know is I now have my triple wammy!!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:20 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Ski and snowboard expo this weekend (SF) and next weekend (Santa Clara). 3 free lift tickets with each admission plus a deals on other resorts.

www.sfskifest.com/Tickets.html

Ill be going tomorrow afternoon and probably next weekend too.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:41 AM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Man going to boreal is so not worth the drive, I rather play in the snow somewhere. Unless you wanna get hammered and go nightboarding.........
Did you go? how was the park for the opening weekend?
Old 11-05-2010, 12:26 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
I went last saturday and it wasnt too bad. Spent maybe 1-2 mins in line at the most and they had a pretty fair amount of park features out. The Nugget line had a box, couple rails and quarter pipe with box/rail on top (dont know the proper name). The quad run had small jump, a few rails, a 10ft pipe, box, stair case with railing and a boxed wall, curved box and a bigger quarter pipe. There was some good park riders out there too. Seen a guy backflip the small jump while his friends did 360s and grabs, while the jibbers were putting some sick runs together.

My gf went with me and enjoyed it somewhat. Shes not a park rider while Im trying to get more park in. So I had a lot of fun, even though I ate it 3 of the 4 times I actually got on a box lol Gotta get more practice in, a lot more practice
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
Went last Wednesday for a night sesh at boreal, I'm a park junkie so I had fun on the little bit that was open, headin up this tomorrow night again with a bunch of buddies, anyone else gunna be up there? Come on, 8 inches in early November guys!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:26 PM

Can't wait to put the Blizzak WS70's on. Hoping N* will be decent by Nov. 20th.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:04 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
I went last saturday and it wasnt too bad. Spent maybe 1-2 mins in line at the most and they had a pretty fair amount of park features out. The Nugget line had a box, couple rails and quarter pipe with box/rail on top (dont know the proper name). The quad run had small jump, a few rails, a 10ft pipe, box, stair case with railing and a boxed wall, curved box and a bigger quarter pipe. There was some good park riders out there too. Seen a guy backflip the small jump while his friends did 360s and grabs, while the jibbers were putting some sick runs together.

My gf went with me and enjoyed it somewhat. Shes not a park rider while Im trying to get more park in. So I had a lot of fun, even though I ate it 3 of the 4 times I actually got on a box lol Gotta get more practice in, a lot more practice
I wish I still enjoyed parks. I just don't enjoy it anymore. I'm sure if I really tried I could still pull off a lot of the spins I could before and still hit rails, but I just don't enjoy it anymore.

I get way more hyped when I find a super tight tree line that finishes with like a rock gap or something like that.

Cuts back on how many days a year I ride but I can't afford 60 day years anymore anyways. haaaa. Plus my wife would kill me.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
...A MAJOR CHANGE IN THE WEATHER IS IN STORE FOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA THIS WEEKEND... * A VERY COLD LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IN THE GULF OF ALASKA WILL DROP SOUTHWARD AND BEGIN TO AFFECT NORTHERN CALIFORNIA BY THIS WEEKEND. * AHEAD OF THIS SYSTEM ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY...WINDS WILL INCREASE OVER THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA AND SOUTHERN CASCADES AND BECOME STRONG AT TIMES. GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH OR MORE WILL BE POSSIBLE ALONG THE CREST. * THIS STORM WILL BRING VERY COLD TEMPERATURES TO THE REGION THIS WEEKEND WITH DAYTIME TEMPERATURES ONLY WARMING INTO THE MID 40S TO LOWER 50S FOR DAYTIME HIGHS IN THE CENTRAL VALLEY AND MAINLY IN THE 20S AND 30S FOR THE MOUNTAINS. * A CHANCE OF SOME LIGHT PRECIPITATION MAY START OVER THE SOUTHERN CASCADES STARTING ON THURSDAY. PRECIPITATION MAY BECOME MORE WIDESPREAD DURING THE DAY ON FRIDAY BUT IS MORE LIKELY TO BECOME MORE WIDESPREAD FRIDAY NIGHT AND THIS WEEKEND AS THE MAIN PORTION OF THE SYSTEM MOVES THROUGH NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. THIS SYSTEM WILL BRING MODERATE TO HEAVY AMOUNTS OF RAINFALL TO THE CENTRAL VALLEY AND HEAVY SNOW AND LOW SNOW LEVELS TO THE FOOTHILLS AND MOUNTAINS. * SNOW LEVELS ARE FORECAST TO LOWER TO AROUND 2000 TO 3000 FEET LATER SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL OVER THE WEST SLOPES OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA AND OVER THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS WITH A FOOT OR MORE SNOW ABOVE 4000 FEET AND TWO TO THREE FEET OF SNOW ABOVE 6000 FEET. FOR THE FOOTHILLS 6 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOWFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE ABOVE 2000 FEET THIS WEEKEND. SOME LIGHT AMOUNTS OF SNOW MAY EVEN FALL IN PARTS OF REDDING SUNDAY NIGHT. * RESIDENTS OF THE MOUNTAINS AND FOOTHILL ELEVATIONS...AND ANYONE PLANNING TRAVEL TO THE MOUNTAINS THIS WEEKEND SHOULD MONITOR THE LATEST WEATHER FORECASTS AND PREPARE FOR HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS THIS WEEKEND. CARRY CHAINS AND BE PREPARED FOR POSSIBLE DELAYS AND THE COLD WINTRY WEATHER.
Looks like the first real big storm to hit the Sierras. 2-3 feet above 6000 feet.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:28 AM

Car Info: Foz
triple whammy is the stuff!!!! i think im going up this sunday.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:18 PM

Huge storm fronts posted for this weekend. Possible record november snow! I'm definitely expecting dodge ridge to open next week. CANT WAIT!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by snowflow
Huge storm fronts posted for this weekend. Possible record november snow! I'm definitely expecting dodge ridge to open next week. CANT WAIT!!!
I'm taking Friday off to get to my place at N* (in case) before it gets too bad. Got the snow wheels on last night. Putting the board racks on tonight. The bugeye is shred-ready.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by xdeathwishx
I'm taking Friday off to get to my place at N* (in case) before it gets too bad. Got the snow wheels on last night. Putting the board racks on tonight. The bugeye is shred-ready.
Sweet! I'm not pulling my wheels out yet...even though I should. I'm slammed on coils right now and snow tires would look funny, so I need some stock struts first.

However, thanks for reminding me to put on my board racks!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by snowflow
Sweet! I'm not pulling my wheels out yet...even though I should. I'm slammed on coils right now and snow tires would look funny, so I need some stock struts first.

However, thanks for reminding me to put on my board racks!
Lol yeah I'm just really stoked to try them out. It actually looks pretty bad ***. My car isn't lowered at all, but I have RA mudflaps on and it looks ready to go muddin' or something.

Last edited by xdeathwishx; 11-17-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.