The Raiders 2009 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 03:54 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
We're stuck with the lousy QB and rookie wide outs, other teams in the same boat have found ways to win.

We going to need to be a defense focused team if we want to get any wins this year because the offense is once again not playing as a team. At least not for an entire game.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Letting Garcia go was stupid but it sounded like he wanted out and I'm sure he had a contract that allowed him to leave easily.

Getting Seymour is great but at the cost we got him for it was a poor move. Next years first pick could be a top 5 guy again... at least top 10. Seymour isn't worth that. Not for a one year rental.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Letting Garcia go was stupid but it sounded like he wanted out and I'm sure he had a contract that allowed him to leave easily.

Getting Seymour is great but at the cost we got him for it was a poor move. Next years first pick could be a top 5 guy again... at least top 10. Seymour isn't worth that. Not for a one year rental.
When was the last time Oakland did anything worth a **** with their 1st round pick anyway?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:09 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Only way I see that happening is if Al Davis dies.

Sadly this brings up a point about the continuation of his so-called legacy. In the event that Al Davis dies, his stake in the Raiders does not go to his sons, nor does it go up for sale. It goes to his wife. His god damned WIFE. This is the sole reason the other 33% stake in the Raiders has not been sold, as control would not go to the other owner in the event of his passing.

Thanks, Al. you continue to shaft undoubtedly the most loyal fanbase in American football. As each Sunday passes, I feel less guilty about putting on the niner game. This last game was almost a dealbreaker were it not for the effort put forth by the uniformed grunts. My heart actually HURT afterwards what with all the breath holding, cursing, and general stress caused by your all-encompassing uselessness at managing! UGH!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
She would sell it or have Amy Trask,team ceo, run the team, which wouldn't be too bad of an idea. I mean she did want to hire belichick instead of gruden but davis wanted gruden and that is what he got
Old 09-16-2009, 02:17 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
When was the last time Oakland did anything worth a **** with their 1st round pick anyway?
Actually I'd say they haven't been.... ALL bad.

McFadden was a decent pick. They needed an RB and took a shot at one.
Washington is a half way decent corner.
Gallery isn't what he was suppose to be but he's looking much better
Asomugha is one of the corners in the game right now.
Harris is a good LB
Janikowski is a good kicker and he's still a Raider so that's saying something.
Charles Woosdson speaks for himself.
Darrell Russell was good enough to make his way inot the hall of fame if he wasn't such a dumb *** off the field.
Kaufman was pretty explosive
Tim Brown... Hall of Famer
Marcus Allen... Hall of Famer
Upshaw... Hall of Famer

So they haven't been all that bad but I would have to say that they could have done better... haaaa.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:23 PM

Car Info: Nadda
The raiders are getting better... I really think Russell isn't the franchise though.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Actually I'd say they haven't been.... ALL bad.

McFadden was a decent pick. They needed an RB and took a shot at one.
Washington is a half way decent corner.
Gallery isn't what he was suppose to be but he's looking much better
Asomugha is one of the corners in the game right now.
Harris is a good LB
Janikowski is a good kicker and he's still a Raider so that's saying something.
Charles Woosdson speaks for himself.
Darrell Russell was good enough to make his way inot the hall of fame if he wasn't such a dumb *** off the field.
Kaufman was pretty explosive
Tim Brown... Hall of Famer
Marcus Allen... Hall of Famer
Upshaw... Hall of Famer

So they haven't been all that bad but I would have to say that they could have done better... haaaa.
I was referencing more along the lines of the last 10-15 years, but I'll bite.

McFadden is a good HB but isn't being used to his potential
Washington doesn't stand out
Gallery was the king of false starts before he came up to speed
Asomugha, you win this time
Harris was good but didn't stay for very long
Janikowski, you win again
Charles Woosdson he did have a great run until his last few years in Oakland
Darrell Russell, you win again
Kaufman another win for you

The rest were going farther back than the point I was trying to make.

So we've got a good 5 solid picks spanning the last 15 years. Not that bad, but could have been better, especially considering we've been trying to bring this team back to life for 6 of those years.

A lot of people would disagree, but I like the trade for Seymour just to get some momentum going this year. Especially since we have no more Burgess.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
The raiders are getting better... I really think Russell isn't the franchise though.
Russel isn't anybody's franchise QB. I honestly don't know what anybody see's in him. The rookie wideouts don't help his case either, but he's completely inconsistent which makes for a useless QB.

you're no longer on my ignore list
Old 09-16-2009, 03:58 PM
General Pimpin'

unfortunately the Raiders NEEDED a number one QB and the draft was week at QB. Brady Quinn was the only real stand out. In hindsite they probably should have traded down and tried to pick up a free agent to hold them over and draft a QB the next year, options there were guys like Matt Ryan, Flacco or even down low going for Booty. haaa.

But seriously. Russell is only 23. He was tossed in to a crappy offensive last year. He'll get better. I don't think he's the next great thing but I think he could be good enough. He looks better and better and with the simplicity that the raiders are running and pushing for the basics he's gonna get better.

Like I said earlier... one pick was the recievers fault... terrible route and the other was a hail mary. So take that out and give him another 20 whatever yards and a TD for that overturned call and he's got a good game. Hell if that douched receiver had run a crisp route that was another 14 yards right there. He ran one of the laziest routes I've seen from a pro in a long time. Hell I ran better routes in high school.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:30 PM

He's making less mistakes which is always good, but he is inconsistent in accuracy. Any pass longer than 5 yards and you have to hold your breathe wondering if someone's even there to catch it.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:39 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
He's making less mistakes which is always good, but he is inconsistent in accuracy. Any pass longer than 5 yards and you have to hold your breathe wondering if someone's even there to catch it.
That's why I think they need to run some more straight forward routes and just keep working on his presnap recognition. That's what is gonna make the biggest impact on his game.

I mean they need to run simple check down routes. Look at a number one guy then check down to a rb or to miller. The backs all catch so well that they need to use them more. Look at how many catches hightower had.. friggin 12 catches. And they have 3 quality receivers.

No reason that the Raiders RB's shouldn't be getting 10 a game between them all.

Run. Run. Run. Set up play action shots for down field. Work the middle of the field with Miller and the sides with the receivers and the RB's.

I honestly think the Raiders could have a half way decent season and if they can keep the pieces they have in place and add a couple more they could be a PO team.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:02 PM

^^^

*high fives onemanarmy*

Go team!!!

I actually had enough hope in the team this year I bought tickets and will be attending the following games:

9/27 vs Broncos
10/18 vs Eagles
11/22 vs Bengals

Special thanks to the "fan day" they had in August where you could by a three pack of tickets at face value (no service fees).
Old 09-16-2009, 06:09 PM
General Pimpin'

I want to go to the Eagles game but didn't have $160. haaaa.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:18 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Jamarcus Russel ranks right under Kanye West in my book of Douchebaggery.

I have hated him since the day he held out for more money. I dislike him enough that I wish the raiders would bench him, not let him practice or play and ruin him for the rest of his career. He already has enough money. He has more attempted completions to our opponents than he does our own team.
END RANT

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: The Raiders 2009 Thread