The Raiders 2009 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
The Raiders 2009 Thread

Lets keep this civil...

As the only (I think) Raider fan who's pissed off about Al Davis's choices (everyone else seems to follow him like he's ****ing god), this is how I fell about where they stand right now:

Seymour is a stupid decision because it's only 1 year, he's going to leave after this year. I'd be VERY surprised if he sticks around. He'll be a free agent, and someone will pay him more. We traded a 1st round 2011 pick for someone who more than likely only going to play for 1 year... How is that a smart decision?

Yes, Russell is no good at all. I've been saying this when they got him, before he even played a single game. Put Frye in there, and I promise you within 3 games you'll see a very strong raiders offense that will have a QB that can throw the ball and place it where the WRs can pick it up. We already have a good, solid running game, and the pocket looked decent, so O-line is pretty good too. So why put a rushing QB in there? Use that pocket... There were about 5-8 plays where Russell is just standing there, not sure what to do. Outrageous. I am so frustrated...
Old 09-15-2009, 09:43 AM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
i agree, all davis needs to be put down. Don't even get me started with the draft. But Russell is horrible. For one he can't hit wide open receivers and he is not a leader. During TV timeouts he just stands by the huddle by himself while the rest of the offense talks about the game. Also, gradoski was able to hit every open receiver when he was in for a set of downs, something Russell could never do.

Something better change or I might just start selling all my tickets for the extra money.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
I like the Raiders, but this is too funny. Coworker emailed this to me.

Name:  CHARGERS.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  26.6 KB
Old 09-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by ScoobySon

Lmao. I do love that Brazilian chick from the World Cup.

But it's totally obvious that the logos were placed, since I've seen the pic on the right a million times.

Wait, I said keep this civil!!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 AM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
yeah I agree with all your statements too...Russell is too young and has no idea to lead this team, and there was too much hype built around him when he was in the draft
Old 09-15-2009, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX

Love it

Are there really people the like Al Davis? I've never heard anyone go "That Al Davis, there's a man that knows what he's doing."

Al Bundy, yes. Al Davis, no.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:15 AM

Car Info: 05 18g LGT Wagon | Former 08 LGT Spec.B
+1 to Gradkowski, he shoulda stayed in. Raider def played their hearts out, but Jamarcus couldn't complete any passes to wide open receivers.

I think Steve Young's comments sums up how I feel:
Steve- "Jamarcus just isn't an accurate passer. Last year he completed only 58% of his passes"
Mike- "So is there anything a QB can do to help improve accuracy?"
Steve- "Not really, it's just a talent that some people have. Tom Brady, he has it. Jamarcus doesn't"
Old 09-15-2009, 10:31 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top

The Chargers just won their 12th consecutive game against the Raiders. I wonder how high that winning streak will go. I bet it gets to 20. Any Raiders fans want to wager over/under? LOL.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by Lurk

The Chargers just won their 12th consecutive game against the Raiders. I wonder how high that winning streak will go. I bet it gets to 20. Any Raiders fans want to wager over/under? LOL.
at this point, nope. Maybe if Al Davis is no longer calling shots in the next 2 or 3 years.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
at this point, nope. Maybe if Al Davis is no longer calling shots in the next 2 or 3 years.
Only way I see that happening is if Al Davis dies.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Didn't the Raiders just break an NFL record for most consecutive opening day losses?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Only way I see that happening is if Al Davis dies.
someone help us out here!
Old 09-15-2009, 12:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Dude the Raiders got screwed last night. The difference in that game was that TERRIBLE call.

I think it's funny that before the break the announcers were like... that was terrible, that was the wrong call... blah blah. Now they're all... that was the right call. etc etc. etc. Something fishy there. Anyone watching the game knows that was a bunk call.

The dude came down in possession of the ball. Two feet in. Hit the ground with his knees first then his arm and ball. The ball wasn't slipping he was tucking it away. It popped out after he went down and was rolling to get back up. Such utter bull****.

Cost them the game. That and the stupid prevent defense. The defense was playing ***** out all day and doing well but then when it counts they go in to a prevent and play soft... WTF????????

But hell.... they looked pretty good for the most part. The chargers looked about like they should have looked.

Another wasted number one draft pick for the raiders... they picked the wrong dude. He's just another James Thrash, James Jett, Rocket Ishmael, etc. Another fast dude with o.k. hands and poor route running. You know... the guys that Al always drafts.

Russell looked o.k. As long as they remember to run first they'll be alright this year. Good receiving skills out of all 4 backs. Both TE's. The receivers will come around. A very very poor route led to that first pick and the second pick was a hail mary.

Just think what people would be saying if that crappy call didn't happen and the Raiders either won or lost in O.T. and Russel finished regulation with 240 yards and 2 td's.

The rush defense looked better which is HUGE and the pass D looked about like it has for the last few years... brilliant at times but sketchy as hell.

Some serious hitting going on so that was good to see.

I could see the Raiders going .500 this year.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:50 PM

Car Info: 2007 STi
It was a great game. I was sitting in the Black Hole with some friends. the Fans were going crazy especially when the Raiders were up by 4, Then when Chargers scored with 18 seconds left in the game
Old 09-15-2009, 03:53 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Dude the Raiders got screwed last night. The difference in that game was that TERRIBLE call.
First, I'm tired of hearing excuses, there was a lot of time left in the game. So they could have done something about it. It's like saying something happened in the 2nd quarter and you couldn't fix it the 2nd half, so the blame is on the call.

Second, the call was correct, any person receiving a pass and doesn't have control through the ground, is always an incomplete pass. The ball clearly slid as he hit the ground, even if the ground hit his hand, and his hand slipped, it's still an incomplete pass. It was a good and correct call. Some guys were sayin' "Well his knee was down while in possession" but you still have to have control through the ground.

Anywho, it was a good game and the rest of everyone else summed it up.

Russell can't hit a target.
Not sure why they released Garcia.
2nd string QB hit targets easier and was moving the ball.
Seymour pwned, but for a 2011 FIRST ROUND? I don't think so.
He's a great player, probowls and led teams, but you have to think of learning to roll with the seasons.

Quick Reply: The Raiders 2009 Thread