Project: Detail & Services Japan Relief Fund

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 AM

Car Info: 05 Aspen Wagon
Mike, I'm not trying to attack you or what you are doing, but you do realize you aren't a vendor... where detail addict is. And if they were to file a complaint against you I'm pretty sure they would win...my understandings of forum vendors is they pay a fee to the forum admin/volunteers in order to advertise what they are offering...correct me if I'm wrong.

I have nothing against you or what you are trying to do. I think its a great idea, but the execution is just kinda off a little bit. But if you think I am wrong by all means continue.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:17 AM

Car Info: 91 legacy, 87 mr2, 17 forester xt
great idea. i'd be down to get a detail done.

where will this be held?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
Have you done this before? Can someone vouch for your services?
Old 03-21-2011, 12:00 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by Baoser
Mike, I'm not trying to attack you or what you are doing, but you do realize you aren't a vendor... where detail addict is. And if they were to file a complaint against you I'm pretty sure they would win...my understandings of forum vendors is they pay a fee to the forum admin/volunteers in order to advertise what they are offering...correct me if I'm wrong.

I have nothing against you or what you are trying to do. I think its a great idea, but the execution is just kinda off a little bit. But if you think I am wrong by all means continue.
Yes George, You are correct I am not paying a 500 dollar fee a month and I am not a vendor status member. Also, I am not doing this to spite leo or any other "vendor" or business place affiliated with our forum. However I did get permission from mods and admins before I took part in planning and carefully organizing all the information you see before you. They have agreed to permit me to offer my services as a temporary gesture of fund-raising for I cannot do this forever. As stated above, it will be over a 2 month span, if weather and interest permits.

I am hoping to raise an accommodating lum sum of donation funds for the citizens of Japan. I am not doing this for profit, in fact I am loosing money by doing this, but I personally have no problem with loosing a bit of money to greatly help some others who are in much dire need of the money than I am. As stated, 85% percent is going directly to the fund (of which a proper paypal fixed percentage will be taken out of each donation transaction). The other 15% I keep to help pay for much required supplies, products, ultilities in order to deliver the quality I promise......which will barely cover but IM not complaining.

My apologies George for possibly sounding harsh in my previous post from last night because I am getting really irritated, but when I feel that someone is implementing a negative impact in my name or work, then things get real. For those of you who personally know me well, I am well mannered when it comes to business, and will go out of my way to help those or friends in need, but I also have no problem keeping it real. Some of you who have made false accusations know this as well.......

Now with all that said, Ill just let BAIC render the path for the life or death of this fundraiser. Because of all the commotion that has risen within a day, my team has withdrawn and I am left in doing this by myself. I am doing this entirely as a noble cause. If it goes through, I will keep my word on the work and quality I will provide. If the direction and interest of this fundraiser looks to be plummeting to the ground shortly, then I will have no problem shutting this opportunity down and calling it quits. Im doing this for everyone, so BAIC you decide on what its worth.

Last edited by pho_shizzle; 03-21-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:40 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon
I'm interested in having you do two cars. One has red paint without clear coat. The other is my '03 WRX. Best after the latest storms have passed.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:53 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
When the weather clears up a bit, I'll probably hit you up about having a couple cars detailed.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:19 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
I'm interested in getting two cars done as well. We'll talk about it later.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Car Info: 05 Aspen Wagon
=) You go the OK from admins, so you should be good to do, only thing going against you now is this ****ty weather.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:26 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Quick question Mike, how much are you insured for say if you burn through the clear coat or something of that nature?
Good luck with your fundraiser. Hope all goes well.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by Baoser
=) You go the OK from admins, so you should be good to do, only thing going against you now is this ****ty weather.
I forgot to mention this to you George, but I don't think Detail Addict is a vendor here anymore (and not for a while either). This is why when we see Leo post nowadays, it's under his old handle and not Detail Addict. Either way, I don't see Leo having a problem with this anyways.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ballz
Quick question Mike, how much are you insured for say if you burn through the clear coat or something of that nature?
Good luck with your fundraiser. Hope all goes well.
Bryan, if you can introduce me someone who has burned through the paint of a car using a dual oscillating polisher, Ill shake your hand and make you a gt500 out of eggettes.

The eggettes of course will contain laxatives.

or am I........
Old 03-21-2011, 05:34 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Bryan, if you can introduce me someone who has burned through the paint of a car using a dual oscillating polisher, Ill shake your hand and make you a gt500 out of eggettes.

The eggettes of course will contain laxatives.

or am I........

LOLz...
Old 03-21-2011, 05:52 PM

Car Info: 11' WRX and 10' XT
All these commotions for someone who wants to help others. Props to you. Good luck with the fundraiser!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by dub81
Hey Pho_shizzle & krew,

I just want to give you guys props for setting this fundraiser up. Myself and a few other HIIC members are trying to plan out our japan relief fundraiser. hope your event is a great success!
Thank you for the support! I hope you guys can get yours organized and going soon! Let us know the updates. Id like to attend if I can!

Originally Posted by chochocho
great idea. i'd be down to get a detail done.

where will this be held?
Mobile detailing jobs are available where I can bring my gear and come to you as long as you have the proper environment needed (electric outlet, clean water source, and shade. Spot lights are a plus!) I travel along side east bay to south bay all the time. If the location of the job is somewhat far off in the distance, there will be a small fee added to compensate for gas needed, I hope you can understand with the recent gas spikes.

Or you can drop by a location in east bay or south bay, whichever may be more convenient.

It will be held for 2 months. Gaining interest up until April, then actively taking appointments through the end of May.

Originally Posted by antonch
Have you done this before? Can someone vouch for your services?
Yes I have done this before. I have not done many for i-club members, only a small hand full; which I don't plan to release any names, although I doubt they would mind, to conceal their identities from possible bombardment of messages but they may speak up if they wish.

Also, I have not been able to document my work because I never had a good enough or working camera source at the times needed.... I still dont have a camera source!! lol Without a camera source I am unable to keep a portfolio to share with others my work. Maybe in the near future things will piece together. But that is why I am actively working on getting my name out there.

Originally Posted by NemoSuby
All these commotions for someone who wants to help others. Props to you. Good luck with the fundraiser!
Thank you for the support!! Well we'll see how things pan out. Are we done with all the speed bumps? Not sure, lets see how far baic lets this go.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:01 PM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy GT
nice mike, good ****, i might be interested in getting the stage 1 package done.

Quick Reply: Project: Detail & Services Japan Relief Fund