Play in the mud

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 05:49 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
hey i will bring my intense uzzi as well. i will find out if i still know how to ride it.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:52 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
haha nice!

Who else? Lets get a carpool going, we just need people, not cars. Cars would look better, but people showing up is still good.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
Hey guys, i'm putting together a proposal as we speak and am going to email Phil and Renee about it. I think and hope that they will be into it. All we would need is one of their parking lots really to practice for rally x. If they will give us use of that dirt oval track that would be sweet, not sure though because of the ruts we would create. If they let us make a track even better, we shall see. I hope they dont have a problem with us though because even their moto course is a ride at your own risk deal as they have no liability insurance.

Afterall I use to goof around in the parking lot with my wrx after dual slalom races I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:41 PM

Alright guys I just emailed them a proposal. Keep your fingers crossed, I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I get a response.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by thatguymike
Alright guys I just emailed them a proposal. Keep your fingers crossed, I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I get a response.

can you please tell us the details of what you're proposing?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
can you please tell us the details of what you're proposing?
Long email short, if they'd be into having a rally x practice area similarly setup to their moto and bicycle areas, following the same rules (play at your own risk), entry/practice fees, etc. All we'd really need is one of their parking lots. If we can get in maybe they'd let us use the dirt/oval track area.

I think the main thing that would hold them back is their fear of one of us filing a lawsuit if something were to happen. A few years back a moto guy had an accident there and tried to sue, I believe Sandhill ended up winning but for a while the future of the place was in the air. So I stressed that we were all responsible individuals and would abide by the play at your own risk motto that they have there. I also stressed that I would help to keep the place maintained i.e. filling ruts back in, general upkeep, etc. Hope others will be into maintenance as well, "if" they decide to let us play.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:58 PM

Long email short, if they'd be into having a rally x practice area similarly setup to their moto and bicycle areas, following the same rules (play at your own risk), entry/practice fees, etc. All we'd really need is one of their parking lots. If we can get in maybe they'd let us use the dirt/oval track area.

I think the main thing that would hold them back is their fear of one of us filing a lawsuit if something were to happen. A few years back a moto guy had an accident there and tried to sue, I believe Sandhill ended up winning but for a while the future of the place was in the air. So I stressed that we were all responsible individuals and would abide by the play at your own risk motto that they have there. I also stressed that I would help to keep the place maintained i.e. filling ruts back in, general upkeep, etc. Hope others will be into maintenance as well, "if" they decide to let us play.
they should have a waiver that we can sign just like when we go to Infineon and Laguna Seca.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:45 PM

they should have a waiver that we can sign just like when we go to Infineon and Laguna Seca.
Here's the waiver for mtb and moto
http://prsports.com/moto/race.php?ty...title=Practice

We'll work everything out "if" they decide to let us play. I dont want to get too far ahead of ourselves. They just cancelled their spring Dual Slalom races due to a neighbor extending their property line and personal issues so this may not be the best time but we'll see.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:05 PM

Hey guys, i'm putting together a proposal as we speak and am going to email Phil and Renee about it. I think and hope that they will be into it. All we would need is one of their parking lots really to practice for rally x. If they will give us use of that dirt oval track that would be sweet, not sure though because of the ruts we would create. If they let us make a track even better, we shall see. I hope they dont have a problem with us though because even their moto course is a ride at your own risk deal as they have no liability insurance.

Afterall I use to goof around in the parking lot with my wrx after dual slalom races I'll keep you guys updated.
if rally tires are gonna hold us back from using the oval, then screw the rally tires.

propose that we can only use street tires on their tracks, if the track is packed and groomed it shouldnt tear it up at all.

bring on the paperwork. F people that want to sue, i hate anyone that sues for any type of sport on someone elses property.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:55 PM

[QUOTE=bring on the paperwork. F people that want to sue, i hate anyone that sues for any type of sport on someone elses property.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, you know what your getting yourself into, take responsibilty for your actions. That moto guy who sued ran into this sign or something, tried to blame sandhill for improper placement of the sign, bunch of bs.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:15 AM

yeah, the act of lawsuits are the reason some have to drive 3-5 hours for a rallyX! There is open land everywhere!

Farm owners would love for us to stop by to rally if we gave them free lunches etc, no worries etc. :dreaming:
Old 02-19-2008, 08:43 AM

Update, here is Renee's reply:

Hi Mike,

You have a very interesting proposal, but this will take a lot of thinking
on our part as to:
1. Does our Use-Permit (for motorcycles) allow this
2. If we give you the parking lot to ride, where we will park the cars?
3. The new neighbors....
4. Our insurance...

Stay tuned...
Renee
PS I remember your name from the bike races. :-)
-------------------------------------------------
I'm going to see if I can set up a meeting with them to go over these issues. To prove that we are dead serious about this happening, I think it would be best if a bunch of you guys would be able to show up. Please post up available dates that would work for you guys.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 AM

1. Does our Use-Permit (for motorcycles) allow this

If an accident happens, why cant they just say it was a car accident? they allow cars on their property so cant they just let the owners go through car insurance, as long as they sign a "i cant sue you on your land" form?

2. If we give you the parking lot to ride, where we will park the cars?
The aerial photo shows a huge section behind the oval, and better yet if we use the oval there will be more parking for everyone else! It looks like each track/ sport has its own lot that will hold enough cars for a small weekday.

3. The new neighbors....
our cars arent that loud, quieter than dirtbikes. Maybe not let that one guy in with the rally Toyota with red fender flares lol he's kinda loud!

4. Our insurance...

i dont know, with us being a small group compared to the 100's of mx'ers i think we have a better chance.

i know nothing about paperwork, but dont see why they dont make a simple contract that can be used in court when an incident comes that says "YOU CANT SUE! SIGN HERE"
Old 02-19-2008, 10:11 AM

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White STi Ball'n w/Brides
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
You guys call that muddy? lol

YEEEAHHH RICKY SWINGIn' it for the win....
Old 12-04-2008, 04:27 PM

i am reviving this thread because i am looking for unpaved roads to drive on and do some photography out in nature. does anyone know any in the bay area

Quick Reply: Play in the mud