Plane Crash at Bagram Air Force Base

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:20 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by i<3dirt
So the cargo is not tied down? Don't know anything about them. Praying for the families.
It is suppose to be. I believe one of the pilots is suppose to do a walk through. Usually the co-pilot. But I could be wrong.

Either way... someone screwed up.

More than likely it was a chain reaction. Like the stuff at the back of the plane may have been strapped down but the stuff in the front wasn't... slides back and one by one busts loose the stuff as it goes.

I've never seen anything like that before. Crazy looking crash.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 AM

Car Info: 2013 WRX
this sucks, but this should be a reminder to anyone that flys, to make sure and do your weights and balance before hand, doesn't matter if you are flying a Cessna-172 or a 747, double check, and make sure your cargo wont shift, id really hate to hear the cockpit voice recording,
Old 05-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 2013 WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
It is suppose to be. I believe one of the pilots is suppose to do a walk through. Usually the co-pilot. But I could be wrong.

Either way... someone screwed up.

More than likely it was a chain reaction. Like the stuff at the back of the plane may have been strapped down but the stuff in the front wasn't... slides back and one by one busts loose the stuff as it goes.

Once that load shifts aft, they didnt have a chance, they could have been at cruising alt, and that wouldnt have had made a difference
Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
i dont know anything about flying, but the ascent angle looks pretty steep to me. could be the camera angle, but it looked like he was almost vertical.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by ScoobyScouse84
Once that load shifts aft, they didnt have a chance, they could have been at cruising alt, and that wouldnt have had made a difference
This is what happened to the Air France flight from Rio to Paris. The pito tube that tells them the air speed iced up, told them they were going too slow and would stall. Pilot was inexperienced with such a situation, didn't follow guidelines, and pulled up. Soon enough, no more lift and too steep, and the plane just fell straight down with the nose up.

These guys tried to roll the plane one way and then other other, to keep lift on 1 wing. Also tried to get the nose down to get the speed up and get some lift, but, they just weren't high enough.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:29 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
I've been waiting for news about this to pop up.

My bro who is recently deployed to the sandbox told me the morning of the accident that a cargo plane crashed on their runway. Crazy **** man.

Feel for their families!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:30 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

ive seen numerous air show small planes doing nose up stall manuevers...

but that one is something i have never seen before.

i heard A STORY that it was filled with high end, exotic cars... anyone hear that one?
Old 05-01-2013, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX, 04 FXT, 02 Forester L, 95 JDM LGT
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
These guys tried to roll the plane one way and then other other, to keep lift on 1 wing. Also tried to get the nose down to get the speed up and get some lift, but, they just weren't high enough.

I don't think they tried to roll one way or the other. Typically one will will stall more than the oter and it will go into a spin. It looks like that is what happened with that roll to the right.

Last edited by rallied out wrx; 06-13-2014 at 12:28 PM.