Pics from our weekend in Fort Bragg

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by AntiochCali
I stay at that hotel every time I go, I really like the beach/cliffs right outside...but I don't recall jacuzzi bathtubs
They're only in some rooms.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:05 PM

Car Info: 98RS - Pretty Blue
Ahhhh, the beach comber! Nice pics! I have only been to Ft. Bragg once. I stayed at the lodge at Noyo river which is sort of on the edge of the fishing boat harbor that goes out to sea... near the big bridge into Ft. Bragg. Very cool place to visit and I was just starting to think about going back. The gf loves it and so does my car

By the way, this is a really stupid question, but is there anything worth checking out or doing around the northern coast and Ft. Bragg? Also, what are some good places to eat? I found a little Italian place a few streets back from the Hwy 1 in Ft. Bragg that was awesome (on Q street? can't remember)

jonathan

Last edited by ilmaestro; 09-17-2003 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:38 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
ilmaestro: That sounds like Durilios and Sons (I cant spell it) Pasta + Pizza place, really good pizza. For beaches, I recommend 10 mile beach, right next to highway 1. The Botanical gardens are great, as is the hike to the waterfall at Russian gulch state park. Machericher state park is also great to go walking around at. I highly recommend the deep sea fishing out of Noyo Harbor as well as the Whale watching trips during certain months of the year. Of course, walking around the shops at Mendicino and Fort Bragg are fun too.
But the bulk of the activities in that area occur duing holidays, like the 4th of July salmon feast and fireworks in Fort Bragg, and the Lumberjack stuff during Labor day I believe. There are also occasional car shows in Fort Bragg and Mendicino, as well as other events if you check the town tourist information places (theres one on 1 in downtown Fort Bragg).