opinions on this used BC coilover

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 07:48 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by Brfatal
For a DD in general coilovers are not a good idea. I already addressed this.

Congrats on out handling a Carrera on an interstate highway with long straight aways and broad turns though (my brother went to UofA). Maybe next time you can outhandle a tourist bus on the Vegas strip.
I'm talkin highway 17 from santa cruz to san jose...super bumpy, off camber turns where a budget coilover should suck like you say so

Arizona? Wtf?
Old 08-24-2012, 08:35 AM

Car Info: 08 impreza OBS
As of right now I'm thinking of jumpin on the BC ones. On nasioc I can get $922 shipped and $25 more for rear extenders. Good price?

Also got a quote for fortune 500 for $1075 shipped
Old 08-24-2012, 08:41 AM

Car Info: 05 white WRX
Originally Posted by Navysesal
As of right now I'm thinking of jumpin on the BC ones. On nasioc I can get $922 shipped and $25 more for rear extenders. Good price?

Also got a quote for fortune 500 for $1075 shipped
If you're near Santa Clara/San Jose call Vex Motorsports and see what they can do for the BC's.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
Take a look at this review:
Brief review of BC Racing Coilovers - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

and of the GTworx kit:
Bilstein/GTWorx suspension reviews - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

I honestly think that the GTworx kit would be the best match for your needs.

Or just call up Racecompengineering or TurnInconcepts as all they deal with is suspension setups every day. RCE has an in house shock dyno as well.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 AM

Ok, that would problably be a good idea to go check them out at the stores lol
Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by Lurk
^I must disagree with you regarding JIC Magic suspension. Their coilovers flat out suck. Very inconsistent spring rates, weak strut construction and overall crappy QC. Most of JIC's parts are made in China.

Here's just one example: I Broke My JIC Not So Magic Strut - NASIOC
I still disagree because I'm in a car that has them often and drive it on occasions too. Way better than the H&R coils that were on there before too.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by flat489
Take a look at this review:
Brief review of BC Racing Coilovers - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

and of the GTworx kit:
Bilstein/GTWorx suspension reviews - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

I honestly think that the GTworx kit would be the best match for your needs.

Or just call up Racecompengineering or TurnInconcepts as all they deal with is suspension setups every day. RCE has an in house shock dyno as well.
I like the reviews that these have, and they said that this combo made the car feel "lighter" and felt more firm. But they said that it would only lower to 1/8" of an inch. so its pretty much stock height :unamused: Lol

The KW variant 1 has been on the back of my mind for a while and its adjustable to the height that i would like too
Old 08-24-2012, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Navysesal
I like the reviews that these have, and they said that this combo made the car feel "lighter" and felt more firm. But they said that it would only lower to 1/8" of an inch. so its pretty much stock height :unamused: Lol

The KW variant 1 has been on the back of my mind for a while and its adjustable to the height that i would like too
Thats around the ideal drop for the GR imprezas. I was just going off the criteria you had. You are also taking personal opinions of suspensions, so someone describing something as 'lighter" may be what you are looking for. It sounds like you will be going with the bcs/isc route though. Call up RCE though and just see what they recommend.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Thats around the ideal drop for the GR imprezas. I was just going off the criteria you had. You are also taking personal opinions of suspensions, so someone describing something as 'lighter" may be what you are looking for. It sounds like you will be going with the bcs/isc route though. Call up RCE though and just see what they recommend.
Agreed there. Taking opinions of suspension is like taking opinions of how a speaker sounds. Unless you've felt the suspension or heard the speaker, there's really no way to compare what someone else says.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:50 PM

hmmm, it seems i do not really know what i really want Lol. ok ill call them up and ill problably head to speedelement and Vex motorsport and problably ask around. Maybe someone can let me ride shotgun if you guys have these suspension setups?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:45 PM

I just ordered a set of coilovers from RCE. When they get here in a month you are more than welcome to ride along.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:00 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
I just ordered a set of coilovers from RCE. When they get here in a month you are more than welcome to ride along.
Did you get the Tarmac's?
Old 08-24-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by PROcede
Did you get the Tarmac's?
yea tarmac 2s, gtworx camber plates up front, and 400# springs
Old 08-24-2012, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
I have BCs on my STi and actually like them. They actually feel and ride better then when I had the Stock struts with swift springs. Guess it depends on the way you setup your coilovers. I dont have my **** slammed to the ground and have them adjusted just right, not extremely hard nor very plush. Somewhere right in between.

Also Feal does coilover rebuiling with the option of adding swift springs. So its an option later down the road if you feel the need to have that done.
Feal Suspension, Inc. - Coilover Rebuilding
Old 08-24-2012, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by XxSti05xX
I have BCs on my STi and actually like them. They actually feel and ride better then when I had the Stock struts with swift springs. Guess it depends on the way you setup your coilovers. I dont have my **** slammed to the ground and have them adjusted just right, not extremely hard nor very plush. Somewhere right in between.

Also Feal does coilover rebuiling with the option of adding swift springs. So its an option later down the road if you feel the need to have that done.
Feal Suspension, Inc. - Coilover Rebuilding
yeah, im not like most people who would like to have that stock comfortable feel. I actually am that small percentage where i like to feel every bump on the road Lol. So maybe BCs, KW, or Fortune Auto. And ill problably buy it in a shop, just so i can support the locals

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-suspe...rt-review.html
been reading this for a while

Is there any other shops here besides Speedelement, Vex, Blox and bayson R?

I appreciate all of you guy's input in helping me choose!

Quick Reply: opinions on this used BC coilover