opinions on Bay Point and Oakley, CA.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 01:00 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by SpeedRevelation
I expect the majority of the Bay Area's property value to be over 1 million dollars in the next few years... chances are, it would be close considering the trends...

my parents bought a house in Orinda in Feb. for $670K and it just appraised at $739K a few weeks ago
Old 11-12-2004, 01:19 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by SpeedRevelation
Haha nice Zoeb! Looks like your parents know a thing or two about real estate. I love properties that explode like that... it's like hitting the jackpot! That is, if you own it. Buying it after the boom, yeah, not so much fun...

This is how I'm going to get freakin rich... buy, upgrade, sell... buy, upgrade, sell... *fingers crossed*

yea, they also bought in vacaville for $140K, put it on rent for a year, then lived in it for 2 years and sold for $270K.

Real Estate = Good Source of Income
Old 11-12-2004, 01:20 PM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
If you live on the hill in bay point it's ok. The problem is what lies below the hill. I lived in west pittsburg back in the late 70s early 80s and it was a pretty nice place to live(any of you that know the area, there is a house on King's Ct. with a enertech wind turbine, that was my home, 1.5acre corner lot). I have a friend that lives on the hill now that i visit quite often and it seems in the past 20 years the influence from Pittsburgh has made it's way in both directions, towards Antioch and bay point. I also lived in Antioch in the early 80s, back then it was a brand new Kaufman and Broad development right off of hillcrest, and it was the only development around. Now that place is pretty shady. Oakley and Brentwood have gone down the tubes from what I remember of them. Too many people have moved into the area, with more people comes more crime. Disco bay is pretty nice, I lived out in disco bay as well, corner house at the end of Beaver Ct, it was less than 2 minutes to open water from our dock. The area has degraded some with the cheap houses they put around there, but it's still a nice place to live.

There are nice places everywhere, the problem is how close they are to the real bad places. If it's a toss between the two I'd much rather live in Oakley than Bay Point, regardless of commute.

Have you thought of San Ramon? I just put a bid in the lottery at one of the developments off of bollinger canyonn. My best friend lives in another development there. He paid $675k, and just had the house appraised at $830 and it's not even a year old. The lot I bid on is stg 3 and going for $940K, 6 months ago I was looking at the stg 2 lots(EXACT same homes) and they were going for $825 so I figured I need to bid or forever hold my peace because they are just gettting stupid expensive. Right now there are developments ranging anywhere fom low $400K to $1.3M and above.

Last edited by illusion; 11-12-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:23 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by illusion
...Have you thought of San Ramon?...
I have been trying to save my pennies and move to San Ramon for 3 years now - I didn't want an old used home I wanted a new home. The homes are so nice, I really like the new area around Bollinger Canyon.

Well as of Jan '04 they now have Mello Roose and the $850K home I was trying to save up for would now run about $1500/month in taxes and bonds, That's not mortgage, that just taxes, according to my realestate person....I can now not afford to move to San Ramon, ever.