OPD Cruiser Flips Responding To Deadly Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Originally Posted by flatline
yeah i see where your coming from, but understand, there are millions of things happening inside of the cockpit, from listening to the radio, typing on the computer, looking for crims in progress, and trying to make sure you go home at the end of the day.
Well, maybe police officers ought to be stripped of rights to all the equipment inside their cars unless they too are stopped.

Hence, the new law of no cell phone usage while driving so we pay attention to driving. Why not the same rule to all law enforcement too?!? Radio, typing on the computer, etc.. It's a valid point. I've seen countless times in various cities while driving where a police car almost piles into someone because they are typing on the computer or fiddling around with something while driving..

Last edited by Ballz; 04-22-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:24 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Calsoldier
I'm supposed to drive while starring in my rearview mirror while the officer can't look over the side without plowing into my car? That's just as ridiculous as the point structure in regards to emergency vehicles.

If you want to protect us, don't crash into us and then give us points.
Haha
Old 04-22-2009, 04:59 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
How about quit making excuses and listen for a siren. My ears are really bad. I can hear a siren. Or what happen to scanning the road and your mirrors. Have drivers gotten so lazy now days they one drive with horse blinders on. What about pulling to the far right shoulder with a emergence vehical approaching.
How many things did I just discribe that the mini driver didn't do?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by I<3subie
How about quit making excuses and listen for a siren. My ears are really bad. I can hear a siren. Or what happen to scanning the road and your mirrors. Have drivers gotten so lazy now days they one drive with horse blinders on. What about pulling to the far right shoulder with a emergence vehical approaching.
How many things did I just discribe that the mini driver didn't do?
Not making any excuses.. How do you know what happened with the Mini driver? What he did or didn't do? Were you there to know for sure that the Mini driver fubared.

Yes, I do move to the right when I hear a siren coming from behind me, but there are times they don't run with a siren and times they do.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:47 PM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
not trying to add to the fire but ive almost been hit numerous of times by police officers on their cell phones and reaching towards their comps. Girlfriend ran into several incidents like this as well. And they weren't flashing lights or anything, just purely not paying attention when they couldve pulled over for a quick second while trying to multitask.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Take an equal number of civilian drivers to an equal number of emergency vehicles, see how many of each almost hit you...How many people pull over to "multitask"?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:55 PM
banned

Ballz. Read the post again. It was stated she had lights and sirens on.

Just goes to show how clueless people are driving these days.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:10 PM

Ballz. Read the post again. It was stated she had lights and sirens on.

Just goes to show how clueless people are driving these days.
Okay, she said she had her lights and sirens on... (Probably trying to save her own butt so the Mini driver has a harder time trying to sue the city)

OR

The Mini driver totally failed ... Person driving the Mini doesn't deserve a Mini....
Old 04-22-2009, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by RLLYRCR
not trying to add to the fire but ive almost been hit numerous of times by police officers on their cell phones and reaching towards their comps. Girlfriend ran into several incidents like this as well. And they weren't flashing lights or anything, just purely not paying attention when they couldve pulled over for a quick second while trying to multitask.
Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this stuff..
Old 04-22-2009, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by SolSurferX
Take an equal number of civilian drivers to an equal number of emergency vehicles, see how many of each almost hit you...How many people pull over to "multitask"?
Civilian or law enforcement... Both should pull over to multitask..

Honestly what is the difference between a civilian texting or law enforcement typing in their computer while driving.. Nothing, both are equally dangerous! Granted texting while driving is against the law now.. The same rule should apply to law enforcement

Last edited by Ballz; 04-22-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
lol that was my point, there is no difference between a civilian and emergency vehicle drivers "multitasking"....So start giving every driver you see "multitasking" a lecture...Oh and don't forget the civilians that almost run you off the road too...

Last edited by SolSurferX; 04-22-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:27 PM
banned

Originally Posted by Ballz
Okay, she said she had her lights and sirens on... (Probably trying to save her own butt so the Mini driver has a harder time trying to sue the city)
What a tool

Listen. Before you go opening your mouth again. Please seek time to learn what your trying to talk about.

Also 99% of all patrol units now days have onboard data loggers to record things such as when lights and sirens are being used. I think most even have dash cams now too.

Dont be so negative about the people that may or may not just have to save your life one day. Because I fully know when you are hiding in the corner of some place while some guy is running around shooting people. You will be in the corner crying like a dumb *****. Preying for the cops to come save your *****ing ***. Then when they save you and you break a nail in the rescue I am sure you will sue the **** out of everyone involed.

So please.... Just go post some pictures of the dirty shop and stay out of what you dont know about.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 PM

What a tool

Listen. Before you go opening your mouth again. Please seek time to learn what your trying to talk about.

Also 99% of all patrol units now days have onboard data loggers to record things such as when lights and sirens are being used. I think most even have dash cams now too.

Dont be so negative about the people that may or may not just have to save your life one day. Because I fully know when you are hiding in the corner of some place while some guy is running around shooting people. You will be in the corner crying like a dumb *****. Preying for the cops to come save your *****ing ***. Then when they save you and you break a nail in the rescue I am sure you will sue the **** out of everyone involed.

So please.... Just go post some pictures of the dirty shop and stay out of what you dont know about.
Dirty shop?!? What dirty shop? AHQ has been cleaned and is being cleaned every day.. Ahq is looking very pristine these days.

I'm not being negative towards just one party.. I was stating it for all.. Oh, and I have no negativity towards law enforcement. I have quite a few friends who are officers.
No, I won't be the guy hiding in the corner crying my eyes out.. But thanks for sharing what you might be like in that situation...
Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 PM

Oh and calling me a tool?!? Good one.. Haha! ROFL!!
I hope you realize that by calling me a tool, you're also calling rllyrcr, his gf, Lurk, and solsurferx a tool..

Last edited by Ballz; 04-22-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Someones a little butt hurt if you ask me!

What a tool

Geez, sounds like someone has some sand in the vag!

Quick Reply: OPD Cruiser Flips Responding To Deadly Shooting