Omg, worst news ever!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by horsecut54
OMG THE SKY IS FALLING GUYS!!!! PEOPLE WONT BE ABLE TO BUY AS MUCH AMMO AS THEY WANT ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cant buy a bong on the internet, so why the beef over things that kill people. Move to Kentucky where you can bring handguns into bars, see how safe you feel.
You know, I didn't really think much of it when there was a ban placed on "assault" weapons. I wasn't a fan of it, but I didn't really see what the big issue was.

Now, they're trying to pass this grossly unconstitutional bill and I would rather register myself as a life long republican and NRA member than see something like this actually come into fruition.

The type of hand gun ammunition we buy isn't any of uncle sam's godamn business, period.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
The type of hand gun ammunition we buy isn't any of uncle sam's godamn business, period.
What's worse is that "handgun ammunition" is defined BROADLY. Per CA Penal Code Section 12323(a), "Handgun ammunition" means ammunition principally for use in pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 12001, notwithstanding that the ammunition may also be used in some rifles."

There are AR-15 pistols which use .223 ammo. This could be construed to mean that .223 ammo is now considered "handgun ammo".....
________
AMATEUR CAMS

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:05 PM

Car Info: .
^^ CA doesn't want guns, period.

Since they tried, and failed, to ban the actual gun, they're now attempting to make them expensive hand projectiles. Good thinking, but its never going to work.

The real blame lies on the moron populace of CA who voted these clowns into office. A part of me is annoyed this is even trying to be passed, but another says "you made your bed, now sleep in it" to the residents of CA.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Sometimes the only thing between you and your government, is a gun.
The only thing that can prevent a government from becoming a tyranny is an armed society, and one of the steps that a government attempting to become a tyranny will act upon is to disarm its people.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by herrjr
The only thing that can prevent a government from becoming a tyranny is an armed society, and one of the steps that a government attempting to become a tyranny will act upon is to disarm its people.
Which brings up another interesting point, we've become so apathetic and we've allowed the .gov to become so big, take away so many of our rights, can society even do anything about it at this point?
Old 09-23-2009, 04:15 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Which brings up another interesting point, we've become so apathetic and we've allowed the .gov to become so big, take away so many of our rights, can society even do anything about it at this point?
revolution
Old 09-23-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by herrjr
revolution
Take a look at the people around you next time your out and about. I think you'll share my feelings on that thought.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
the number has been busy all afternoon.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

Take a look at the people around you next time your out and about. I think you'll share my feelings on that thought.
you're right LOL - but alot of it comes from being in the bay area - not everyone in the entire country drinks the kool aid that falls out of the sky here
Old 09-23-2009, 04:34 PM

We may be able to do nothing, short of revolting. However, we certainly don't have to let them further erode our rights by passing more ridiculous legislation in an attempt to further disarm us. Even if it's something as simple as making a phone call or sending an email, it beats the hell out of sitting in our chair doing nothing, bemoaning the fact that we're being screwed by .gov.
________
Jailbroken

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by LGT Mark
That's what my bat is for.

I do understand bad guys get guns either way. So what, that what cops are for. If you think your house is at constant risk to break in, move somewhere else or install a house alarm. That's why I work my butt off so that I can buy a place that's safe for my family.
There is so much ignorance in your statement(s) that I can't even believe I'm reading this! That's what cops are for!?

Sorry man, but no matter how safe your house is, or how great of an area you live in, you are still at risk of someone doing ill will to you and your family. Even if that wasn't the case and you were safe 100% of the time from intruders, what happens when the gov't tries to recreate **** Germany in 1935? Guess what Hitler did when he first came into office? He banned guns and had people turn them in nation wide... Do you know why? So there couldn't be a revolt by the people!

Do you even know WHY the second amendment exists?

News flash, criminals don't buy legal guns, they buy illegal guns that exist and will continue to exists regardless of any laws that may be put into place, so you think it's ok for violent criminals to have guns, but not law abiding citizens that use them responsibly to use for recreation/hunting/collecting/as well as protection? Guns that are registered and bought 100% lawfully... You think that's wrong? What's wrong with you man? Are you that blind?

The cops can't be everywhere 24/7, it just doesn't work that way. Lots of people are faced with violent situations every day regardless of where they live and how safe of a neighborhood they live in. Where do you think criminals go to rob homes? They go to GOOD neighborhoods because chances are that people with more money have better stuff to steal.

Your car has a better chance of killing an innocent person then any of my guns do, and if you think that people shouldn't have guns because they don't need them even though they enjoy shooting them recreationally, then you can say the same thing about cars. No one needs anything faster then a 90hp car that only gets you from point A to B and does NOTHING else. Why do you need all that horse power? Same principle applies. I love my guns, not because I can use them to defend myself, but because they are VERY fun to shoot, collect, and learn about, just like how I like cars for the very same reasons and it's my RIGHT to own a gun, you don't have a right to drive a car, it's a privilege.

I wont even sit here and argue with you or try to make a point to you as you obviously don't understand anything about the 2nd ammendment or why it even exists so I'll just let you go on living in a state of ignorance.

You know what makes the USA so damn great? Is the freedom that our constitution guarentees it's citizens and to ignore these freedoms and to change the constitution is UN-AMERICAN. Why would you vote to change the constitution? Why even live in America?

I will never understand these type of people... Maybe Canada would be more suited to your needs? I suggest the French part... I hear the French are scared of guns so you wont have to worry about people having them.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by horsecut54
OMG THE SKY IS FALLING GUYS!!!! PEOPLE WONT BE ABLE TO BUY AS MUCH AMMO AS THEY WANT ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cant buy a bong on the internet, so why the beef over things that kill people. Move to Kentucky where you can bring handguns into bars, see how safe you feel.
you actually can buy bongs on the internet...ive done it, and know several people who have
Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
NSFW (paraphernalia)

Originally Posted by slugrx
you actually can buy bongs on the internet...ive done it, and know several people who have
http://www.glass-pipes-water-bongs.com

no wai!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:33 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by kyoung05
We may be able to do nothing, short of revolting. However, we certainly don't have to let them further erode our rights by passing more ridiculous legislation in an attempt to further disarm us. Even if it's something as simple as making a phone call or sending an email, it beats the hell out of sitting in our chair doing nothing, bemoaning the fact that we're being screwed by .gov.
To add upon that, it is our RIGHT as a citizen to protect ourselves from a government going beyond their means.

It isn't because Obama is black that all of this stuff is happening with politics, it also has to do with the fact that people are starting to wake up and realize there are certain groups that are going overboard and rights are slowly getting gnawed when these things are in clear violation of the constitution.

Last edited by iLoqin; 09-23-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
this handgun ammo bill is brought up every chance they can bring it up. finally it's been passed all the way to arnold's desk. email, call, do what you have to do to respectfully urge the governor to veto this. i've been getting all my friends who are into guns doing this, and im sure the calguns community is doing the same. hopefully it's vetoed

Quick Reply: Omg, worst news ever!!! :(