Official: SF Giants 2015 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Official: SF Giants 2015 Season Thread!

Speaking of official, Pablo is now a Red Sock.

UPDATE: Pablo Sandoval has a deal with Red Sox - San Francisco Giants: The Splash

So who's Sabean going to find to fill Pablo's enormous shoes?

-Brian
Old 11-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Still disappointing
Old 11-24-2014, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 04 STi AW
God I hate the Red Sox. Why that team!
Old 11-24-2014, 02:29 PM

On the bright side, we can now go after Jon Lester or Chase Headley.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:58 PM

I guess what Giants fans are most angry about, is the fact that Sandoval specifically said during the parade, that he wanted to be in a Giants uniform for the rest of his career. Also that he loves the fans, city, and his teammates. Then he goes and high tails it out of here. If you're all about the money, don't say crap like that. If he was asked what his decision would be, all he had to say was "We'll see" or "I have to think things through."
Old 11-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
I guess what Giants fans are most angry about, is the fact that Sandoval specifically said during the parade, that he wanted to be in a Giants uniform for the rest of his career. Also that he loves the fans, city, and his teammates. Then he goes and high tails it out of here. If you're all about the money, don't say crap like that. If he was asked what his decision would be, all he had to say was "We'll see" or "I have to think things through."
for reals
Old 11-24-2014, 04:18 PM

Report: Sandoval felt 'disrespected' by Giants | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

Mike Lynch of Boston’s WCBV-TV reports that the Giants made the same offer to Pablo Sandoval as the Red Sox — five years and around $100 million — but the third baseman chose the Red Sox because he felt disrespected by the Giants. It’s unclear exactly why Sandoval felt that way.

Sandoval, 28, won three championships with the Giants in 2010, 2012, and 2014. The switch-hitter was signed by the Giants as an amateur free agent in 2003. Over seven seasons in the major leagues, Sandoval hit .294/.346/.465 with 106 home runs and 462 RBI as a two-time National League All-Star. Now, he’ll try to do it in the American League as he helps bolster the left side of the infield in Boston.
LOL oooookayyy....Wonder how he's going to feel when he gets into a slump in Boston.

Must be all those times he felt disrespected whenever the Giants organization told him he needed to lose weight.

Dude is on the decline anyways. Thanks for the help, now don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Last edited by TurnWRX; 11-24-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 2015 Subaru WRX
I like what Krukow said about it. Pablo can stand at home plate in Fenway park and measure out to the corner of the outfield. From home plate to the fence is 306'. That right there could be enough for him to move.

I'm bummed he's leaving of course, but I'm excited to see how it plays out. Uribe was a key player for us in 2010, then went to LA, and became a not-so-key player. Maybe that will happen to panda. I wish him the best though, I always liked watching him blow fat bubbles in the middle of a great play.

Who knows, he could be horrible in 3 years and be stuck on the Sox for the last 2. He could also be a stud and carry them.

I feel bad for the other players on the Red Sox though. With David Ortiz and now Sandoval, there won't be much food left for the rest of the team!
Old 11-24-2014, 06:50 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Ortiz would be retiring soon and I believe Pablo takes his spot. Until then, he can play 3rd for a few more years.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Yeah, it's disappointing but I completely understand from a players perspective though. You may only have one opportunity for the big pay day and since he's already got three WS rings, this is likely his only opp.

Love me some Panda though. I hope it pans out for him but Boston fans seem to be a fickle bunch.

-Brian
Old 11-24-2014, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
I look at it this way.

Pablo isn't worth $100 million dollars to us over the next 5 years, so even though I'll miss the guy, it would be silly to sign him for that money.

Also, I can't blame the guy. He needs that extra money to fund all the food he packs down.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
He got disrespected with that early season 40mil offer. That was a pretty bad deal.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:11 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Well, he's chosen the money and a chance to end his contract at the DH position. Can't really blame him, but didn't need him fluffing fans on with the "Giant for life" business.

He wanted a larger market, well, now he has it. Let's see how he handles the pressure. Will he crack, or will he get better?

gotta agree that it seems that his regular season stats have taken a noticeable turn downwards lately (but same could be said for Lincecum, yet we decided to keep re-upping him).

waiting to see what the Brain Trust has in store next:
  • Will we dare put this money (intended for Pablo) towards Jon Lester? there is a dire need for a solid #2/#3 starter...
  • Will they dare to spill the milk trying to outbid other major spenders on Yasmany Tomas? There's talk of him possibly even manning 3B!
  • Will we go for Chase Headley (trying to outbid the Yankees), and find power/average at another position (say LF)??
Old 11-25-2014, 08:31 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Giants do need an answer for 3rd not for the fielding, as they have that. They need it for the bat. Sure Pablo's numbers are down season wise, but you have him turn it up and played huge roles postseason.

Jacks against Verlander was nuts, him getting on base and even tagging was huge during 2014. Wish him the best, but I think his agent chirped in his ear to tell him about disrespect.

There could be disrespect everywhere. Oh Giant's don't sign him earlier, don't pay him enough, don't trust him to a bigger year deal with his weight issues. He probably this he deserved to be paid out 20mil because he was one of the significant role players. But in the end it comes to money, hardly do you see the guys take a team who offers less. Giants could have matched but didn't, and I think Panda will look like an Ortiz soon enough.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Churro Aficionado

It should be all about money

Quick Reply: Official: SF Giants 2015 Season Thread!