Official: Oakland Raiders 2011/2012 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 04:23 PM

Can't believe Denver won again!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Car Info: Nadda
No comment for the Raiders, everything happened as expected.

Again, Tebow is in when it's Tebow Time. Again I make a case for Divine Intervention upon his behalf.

First of all, scoring 10pts in the last 2:30.

Field goal of 59 yards? Really?

Barber puts the ball on the ground when the Bears are within FG range? Really?

Prater hits another 50+ yard FG? Really?

Believe him or not, that dude has the team believing' they can win any game at the end. Pretty amazing stuff.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by iLoqin
No comment for the Raiders, everything happened as expected.

Again, Tebow is in when it's Tebow Time. Again I make a case for Divine Intervention upon his behalf.

First of all, scoring 10pts in the last 2:30.

Field goal of 59 yards? Really?

Barber puts the ball on the ground when the Bears are within FG range? Really?

Prater hits another 50+ yard FG? Really?

Believe him or not, that dude has the team believing' they can win any game at the end. Pretty amazing stuff.
Yeah, it's an interesting little sideshow, I still say they are pretenders just like the Raiders were earlier in the season. The last minute heroics won't be enough in the post season.

Oakland needs to clean house from top to bottom. The play calling, the coaching, the execution are all terrible. No better time to hit the reset button than the day after week 16.

Bring in a capable GM and scrap everybody. Bring in coaches who can make adjustments. Bring in players who can prove not to commit dumb penalties or miss assignments. Bring in a team of nobodies for all I care. Anything is better than seeing the same dumb mistakes and failures year after year.

Their going to need to boot a lot of these players just to save some cap space since there are no draft pick to be had for 2012. What a disaster this has turned out to be.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I don't think Detroit can touch GB. Not anymore. I don't think anyone can. Not this year.

Detroit needs a couple more guys. NY needs Bradshaw (healthy) and some help on defense. If they can stay together and pick up a couple key slots on defense they'll have a shot next year.

Niners are close... next year. They have the defense. Especially with another year together in the secondary. WR's are coming together. Alex is getting better. RB's are good but it wouldn't be a bad place to try and land a top slot back... maybe Bobby Rainey. He's a lot like a young Gore. But better. Or Lamar Miller if he falls that far. Hell maybe try to get Hillis. Be a good change of pace back. Gore only has a couple years left.

NO is close only because they can keep pace on offense.

Ravens can win just because of defense.

But I don't see anyone doing it this year. I'm more impressed with GB than I was with NE. I knew NE would win sooner or later. They ran up scores to look good and I think Rodgers has things Brady doesn't.
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
DHB can't catch anything...turrrible
QFT both above.

It's looking like the only one that can beat Aaron Rodgers is Tebow LOL.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:45 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by herrjr
QFT both above.

It's looking like the only one that can beat Aaron Rodgers is Tebow LOL.

If this happens, even just this match up... I'd have to strongly consider that the NFL has some ability to control the outcome of games. It's a lot like when NO started blowing up during the hurricanes and how the refs look the other way on all plays that are game changers in favor of the Raiders. LOL.

That would be an in your face kind of deal. The best QB in the NFL and one of the best of all time (if he stays healthy and keeps this up for another 8 years) and one of the least likely QB's since the 60's. That's really what Tebow is. He's a throwback to the days when power football ruled. You ran hard and passed a little. A QB could have a good game... win... and only throw the ball 14 times. Back when my grandpa played kind of stuff.

So you'd have the ultimate throwback against the ultimate new generation pass happy.

talk about hi ratings. No match up remaining would draw that well... none.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:11 PM

Car Info: Nadda
You know you the man when you get remixed.

Sorry Raiders... maybe next year...

Oh wait, threw away a boat load of picks and you have what? 2 or 3 picks next year?

I'd sit Darren out the rest of the season and hope he doesn't injure himself next year. They aren't going to "win now" as he wanted.

I'll make a bet that San Diego ends up with a better record.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-13-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:48 PM

Terrible defense by the Raiders. Should've won that game.

In other news, The Broncos and Tebow finally lost. Jesus told him he couldn't help him this week due to a birthday party he had to go to

Old 12-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I was there... It was great for 55 mins.

#FIREBRESNAHAN

Old 12-19-2011, 10:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I was there... It was great for 55 mins.

#FIREBRESNAHAN

Play calling was terrible. Hugh is so enamored with Palmer that he forgot how to use the run game. And yes... terrible ALL game. Has been terrible for the last 5 games. Only reason they have pulled anything off this season is because McFadden and Bush are manamals and Reese is a bad ***.

So damn frustrating. A win puts us in first. No playoffs..... AGAIN. Frick!

So frustrating. Next year could be interesting but I don't see how we're gonna be able to keep Bush, Palmer and Campbell happy. Bush isn't gonna want to be a back up when he's proven he's good for 100 yards of offense a game if you let him. And with Palmer there they won't be using the run game enough to get McFadden and Bush enough touches to be effective.

BAH!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:49 AM

Car Info: 2010 Sti
The offense did well in my eyes. The defense on the other hand let us down. The play calling was crap. It's alright we just need to win these last 2 and denver can't keep getting lucky. So we're still in the hunt. Go Raiders!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:05 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by jbo0gy
The offense did well in my eyes. The defense on the other hand let us down. The play calling was crap. It's alright we just need to win these last 2 and denver can't keep getting lucky. So we're still in the hunt. Go Raiders!!!
The offense did o.k. I think there is a lot more there.

Palmer had his best game as a Raider. Hands down. I just think that 19 carries for RB's is not enough. Not for the Raiders.

You had to know that the secondary was going to get beat. No way in hell were they going to stop C.J. So how do you stop a fast scoring offense.... clock control. You don't control the clock by passing constantly.

9 catches for 214 yards... find a way to stop that. PERIOD. The defensive play calling was a complete and utter joke. The raiders had no over the top help all game. On one of those long ***** C.J. ran right passed his man and there were 3 guys around him.... ALL under him. Was an EASY touchdown. They might as well have just sat down.

I think for the most part....
Offense... played well. Didn't agree with the play calling.
Special teams. Played will. Seabass was excellent and Lechlar was a beast as usual.
Defense.... TERRIBLE.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:11 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
How the **** did Calvin Johnson make that catch in the middle of the secondary with 4 raiders around him? The one where he sat on his *** and caught the ball so height didnt even come into play.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:17 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
How the **** did Calvin Johnson make that catch in the middle of the secondary with 4 raiders around him? The one where he sat on his *** and caught the ball so height didnt even come into play.
He's a beast. He's gonna make plays like that every game. It's stopping he easy ones that's key.

Never shoulda left Nnamdi go.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:53 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
He's a beast. He's gonna make plays like that every game. It's stopping he easy ones that's key.

Never shoulda left Nnamdi go.
I know hes a beast haha. My point was more on tune with raiders secondary not doing their job. That ball should've been intercepted or atleast knocked down. It was a lob pass that fell short and Megatron had to back step, slide on his *** and catch the ball. The following pass resulted in the touchdown so it was a key play in my eyes.

Had they let Janikowski take the field goal on the first drive instead of going for it on 4th down, it was a won game too. Too many mistakes.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Play calling was terrible. Hugh is so enamored with Palmer that he forgot how to use the run game. And yes... terrible ALL game. Has been terrible for the last 5 games. Only reason they have pulled anything off this season is because McFadden and Bush are manamals and Reese is a bad ***.

So damn frustrating. A win puts us in first. No playoffs..... AGAIN. Frick!

So frustrating. Next year could be interesting but I don't see how we're gonna be able to keep Bush, Palmer and Campbell happy. Bush isn't gonna want to be a back up when he's proven he's good for 100 yards of offense a game if you let him. And with Palmer there they won't be using the run game enough to get McFadden and Bush enough touches to be effective.

BAH!
Campbell is a free agent after this year, we are clear of him.

Palmer did great this game. Hue's call on that 4-1 was gutsy, and I was happy to see us try for that 1st down...

EXCEPT WE DIDN'T! Hue called for the 40yard bomb TD... DUMASS! We needed 1 ****ing yard! (Or kick a FG...)

And our DC needs to be fired! He ****ing let McClain cover Megatron?! Why wasn't route him the ENTIRE game? They kepts moving Route around. ****ing eh...

If Raider lose 1 more, they are statistically out of the AFC West (but no Wild Card). If they win the last 2 (against re-surging KC and SD), AND Denver loses 1 more (very likely), we win the West.

If we had won this game, we'd be tied, and very very close to winning the AFC West.

I mean, our defense showed up for 55mins yesterday. They played pretty damn good. But the schemes were ALL WRONG in the last 5 mins...

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2011/2012 Season thread