NRA calls for a National Right to Carry.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
nah.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
i hope this goes threw
Old 02-15-2011, 08:02 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
through?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:49 AM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
yes, our civil right to a militia and to not only keep but bear arms. i for one, am not for global gun control... there should be strict regulations as far as carry permits/laws are concerned though and have a test which costs $ to do so... Mexican pres calderone said that the US is responsible for the guns and narco-terrorism in Mexico (estimated 30k died last year alone in Mexico's drug wars), from border states gun stores, literally. so, the machine guns, grenades, rpgs, etc. are from US border state's gun stores? i lol'd at that. one of the biggest most dangerous Russian ex-military gun runners was just recently captured, Viktor Bout. He was selling all sorts of stuff, surface to air missles, the works... BATFE (bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives) spent an estimated $80million (of taxpayer money) last year alone to investigate Calderone's claims.... nothing found of course. what a damn waste of taxpayer money. also, lawmakers need to realize that gun control laws only affects law abiding citizens. <endrant> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12257934 i think reagan was the last president to really keep the idea of our civil liberties and constitutional rights as important as the day they were written, obama wants to sh*t on them.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 02-15-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
Speaking of Mexico and U.S. guns... here's a nice little write up on that.

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20110...0-percent-myth
Old 02-15-2011, 09:22 AM

great write-up.

agreed. a plane (allegedly owned/operated by mexican drug gang in particular who's estimated to have 60+ planes) was recently captured by Mexican authorities, which had 120+ suitcases filled with totalling 5 tons of cocaine street value of $100 million. do you think the people in this operation, spend time to sneak to AZ to do a straw sale to pick up a .45 or 9mm? i lol'd and go to bob's gun shop and hope for lax paperwork or something? how naive are we here?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:22 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by newyorkreload
I see more fatal road rage incidents. Most homicides are by first time offenders not hardened career criminals.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr
Do you have a more specific link, after reading through most of that data, I couldn't find anything to support your statement. I get the opposite from the FBI data in that firearm homicides are more likely to be done between "acquaintances." Which would not support the road rage comment.

Also, the road rage comment has been used for years with no viable data to back it up. Carry laws in the country have become way less restrictive over the years and we have not seen the blood baths that many claim will happen. Violent crime rates in this country have continually trended downward over the years.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by ish
Do you have a more specific link, after reading through most of that data, I couldn't find anything to support your statement. I get the opposite from the FBI data in that firearm homicides are more likely to be done between "acquaintances." Which would not support the road rage comment.

Also, the road rage comment has been used for years with no viable data to back it up. Carry laws in the country have become way less restrictive over the years and we have not seen the blood baths that many claim will happen. Violent crime rates in this country have continually trended downward over the years.
So cal acutally was the best since 1960s
Old 02-15-2011, 01:59 PM

i think that major metropolitan cities such as New York may need different and more specific laws/regulations with regard to carry, i htink the fed laws need to be the most lax, then with the state and local governments making more specific ones to their regions. i am no poli sci major, just thoughts.

heard about the story of the guy who was just traveling through a state with unloaded and seperated ammo in his trunk? I think it was between New Jersey and Colorado... not exactly sure though, but this is recent news. he traveled between states that had different gun transport laws and is facing 7 years in prison for it... the NRA is backing him and in my opinion, every day that guy wakes up in a cell is a failure of our consitutional rights and fail for justice itself. very sad indeed. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/02...s-experts-say/

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 02-15-2011 at 02:04 PM.