New movies CRAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 10:16 PM

Car Info: '02 EJ25FXT Stage 2 "No Laggin' Wagon"
Angry New movies SUCK!!!

It's been a while since we've been to the movies. I took the family to Daly City's DMZ (aka Century 20... during the day of course) to catch a flick. While waiting for my wife and daughter I catch the posters for the "new" movies.

How's about a quick rundown?

Dumb and Dumberer (this is where the 2 idiots meet in high school. Was a sequal REALLY really necessary?)

The Italian Job (I'm sorry... how can you top the original?)

The Inlaws (again... how can it be funnier than the original?)

Disney's Haunted Mansion/Pirates of the Carribean (let me get this right... movies based on RIDES? I guess after "Country Bears" anything is possible.)

Freaky Friday (how many versions of this movie do we really need?)

Bad Boys II (hmm... the first one wasn't all that bad)

FATF2 (Oh lord... we'll be seeing more green and orange cars out this summer with NOS... NOS BABY!!! )

Tomb Raider 2 (okay only because it's Angelina Jolie and she is kinda hot looking)

Charlies Angels 2 (maybe worth a rent)

X-Men 2 / Matrix Reloaded (only gems coming up)

Okay here's my point... IS THERE NO ONE IN HOLLYWOOD WILLING TO TAKE A CHANCE WITH AN ORIGINAL IDEA? Anyone?!?!? What a sad state of affairs when we can't even enjoy movies with an original idea or plot line.

This is just for the start of summer. I suspect, we'll see more RECYCLED crap for mid-Summer/Fall season. I just stood there shaking my head after dropping $18 for tickets and another $15 for snacks to see, "What A Girl Wants"

OMG! It sucks out there! Just another reminder why we don't pay money for movies and just rent/buy DVD's.

Last edited by topcover; 04-25-2003 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
two word,

Foreign Films
Old 04-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by 1fastGC
two word,

Foreign Films

or something in between

Stan: I HIGHLY recommend for you to go watch Better Luck Tomorrow.. I plan to see it soon myself soon, should be awesome...

-Gagan
Old 04-25-2003, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by 1fastGC
two word,

Foreign Films
Amen to that, brother.

BTW, Bulletproof Monk doesn't count.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by joltdudeuc
or something in between

Stan: I HIGHLY recommend for you to go watch Better Luck Tomorrow.. I plan to see it soon myself soon, should be awesome...

-Gagan
Better Luck Tomorrow is really interesting. I don't know what other people will think of it though. But it is different from everything else that's out right now. Go see it and let me know whatcha think guys.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by ScoobyEnthused
Better Luck Tomorrow is really interesting. I don't know what other people will think of it though. But it is different from everything else that's out right now. Go see it and let me know whatcha think guys.

Yeah. These are the types of movies i really like, and love to watch. The ones that are just off beat, and different. My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction, and pretty much all my favorites are movies that just crazy cool like Pulp Fiction.

I hope this movie is what i think it is. Gonna see if they can top my schemes in HS

-Gagan
Old 04-25-2003, 11:19 PM

See that's what I'm talking about... off beat. Nothing wrong with that. At least those films encourage SOME evaluation of whether you even like or dislike a film.

I found myself just going through the motions of being entertained, "Sit down, bite of popcorn, sip of Icee... stare... bite of popcorn, sip of Icee... what is that guy two rows down doing by himself at a movie starring Amanda Bynes from Nickelodeon?... sip of Icee... popcorn... "
Old 04-25-2003, 11:36 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Thumbs up

I agree with Calvin. No sense in supporting the HOLLYWOOD IDIOTS. Put your entertainment dollars in the pockets of foreign actors, directors, producers, and companies that know how to stay out of politics!

Good suggestion Calvin!
Old 04-25-2003, 11:38 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
The most obvious criticism I have of studios is their failure to capitalize on the fact that offbeat=cheap. How much did Pulp Fiction cost to shoot? Probably less than Jolie is getting for Tomb Raider II. I don't get why it's so hard to get people to write good movies.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:57 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Matrix Reloaded looks like it will be good. #1 was tight.
I will go see it when it comes out. I heard that # 3 will come out like 5-6 months after #2.

-freddie
Old 04-25-2003, 11:59 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
hey

its NAAAAAWWWWSSSS!!!!

not NOS

that is going to be one stupid movie.....

josh

Old 04-26-2003, 12:53 AM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
I am going to see Better Luck Tomorrow again. Damn good movie. See it Stan.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:13 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
see Better Luck Tomorrow. i saw it opening weekend and the dude that plays Derrick aka D-Rod was there. afterwords he was pimpin on these 2 FINE @$$ hunniez! or they were pimpin on him.. either way.. i needs to become an actor!
Old 04-26-2003, 01:25 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by veloLexus
If the movie industry is anything like the music industry then talent often doesn't play a part in the equation. Sad but true.

So what's the WORST movie you've ever seen?

I'd say top on my list is "Very Bad Things". I saw it with Lorry. The only reason I didn't walk out of the theater is because I thought he might be interested in it. Had we both known the other was thinking the exact same thing we'd have probably walked out about a 1/2 hour into the film.

"Freddie got fingered" was also extremely painful to watch. I'd rather sit in a room for the duration of the film listening to the same Kenny G song over and over again.

Cheers, Joe
I rented Very Bad Things and I turned it off about an hour in- it was a complete waste of film. It could have been a great dark comedy, but the production staff took it way too seriously and ruined it.

I'd have to say the worst I've seen (not counting low-budget, low-brow purposely bad comedies) is Lost Souls- it was like the budget ran out before they filmed the ending, and they had to ad-lib it. Most anti-climactic horror film ever.

Quick Reply: New movies CRAP!!!