New at AutoHQ--new manager.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Shops cars: 07 STI & 07 Lotus Exige S
New at AutoHQ--new manager.

Hi i-club,

My name is Brandon Seagle, and I'm the new manager at Auto Headquarter. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Our shop information is below.

We are located in Redwood City, CA. Our new shop hours are 9 am to 7 pm Mon-Saturday. Our office is often open earlier, around 7 am, for clients who wish to drop off their cars before work.

If you are a new client, you will get a discount on your next service or installation here. If you refer us a new client, the new client will get a discount, and you will also get a discount on your next scheduled maintenance appointment.

We will earn your business and trust. Doing it right the first time saves you the most money--on scheduled maintenance and especially on aftermarket modifications. For tuning and performance, Auto Headquarter equals reliable and balanced power.

As for me, I am a MD/PhD student at Stanford. I drive an 04 STI with too many modifications to list. Plus the whole car is getting rebuilt soon with better components.

I took the position of general manager at AutoHQ after having used 4 different shops for my car over the last 2.5 years, and having been disappointed with each place. I came to AutoHQ because I can tell that Kevin Wong, our mechanic, is the best. And I took this job bringing my principles.

Our first principle is professionalism, and customer service that includes being 100% honest, forthright, and fair about our work and pricing with customers. I consider honesty an essential component of professionalism. The 2nd principle is quality. Professionalism and quality we take as our duties.

At AutoHQ we are interested in providing all our clients the best possible scheduled maintenance at a fraction of dealership prices. For those who want performance modifications, we strive to build the best cars on the street and we recommend the highest quality parts.

We’ve built a Forester that out-pooled a Lamborghini up to 160 mph. And we’ve built many strong STIs and WRXs with diverse set-ups. We can build you a true twin-scroll turbo set-up with great torque and linear power that will feel like driving a strong V-8. Or we can give you a huge turbo that kicks-in and blasts the car like a rocket. We work with every client to develop a strong plan to build their desired car for reliable performance.

Kevin Wong is our ASE-certified master mechanic. He has completed all Honda and Subaru training courses, earning both Honda’s and Subaru’s Master Technician Badge. Kevin worked at Honda 4 years and then at Subaru 4 years before founding AutoHQ. Now Kevin has more than 10 years experience specializing in Subaru and Honda. Kevin also services and builds Nissan, Toyota and all other makes and models. Kevin is a real mechanic who truly understands cars, and who puts his heart into all his work.

Since founding AutoHQ, no client has had to return their car to correct work that Kevin performed. Kevin strives for his work to be perfect, and he hates for any mechanic to make any mistake or omission. Even when clients have brought us damaged parts due to faulty installation at other shops, seeing these kinds of mistakes pains Kevin. He hates any mistake.
As for tuning, we have also never blown any client's engine during road or dyno tuning. More remarkably, no client tuned by AutoHQ has ever blown their engine, on the street or track, including several heavily modified cars now years after having been tuned. Our tuner, Shigenori Ara, comes to us from Japan. Previously of Zerosports, “Shiggy” is now an ECUTEK master instructor in Japan. His full-time job all year is tuning. A true master, Shiggy has experience tuning all Japanese makes and models. Get Shiggy-tuned for the smoothest and most balanced performance.

Kevin also has experience serving as a mechanic on race-teams and for D1. Kevin's custom suspension tuning can help you drive better than ever. You will do faster in and out of corner speeds than ever before. When your in-corner speed is very fast, no one can catch you.

Lastly, don’t you want a mechanic who drives really good? A well-known secret, Kevin is an awesome driver. Just talking to him helps people improve their driving, no matter your current level. And Kevin loves to drift. Perhaps this is why he daily drives a RWD STI using 100 octane fuel and a huge Power Enterprises IHI turbo--the same one previously used by Honda in their Formula 1 race car and currently being used in WRC.

Hopefully now you know more about us. And all the bragging aside, we are humble guys. Our clients come first. We keep your goals and interests in mind while working on your Subaru. And as a small shop, we each personally take responsibility for ensuring our clients professional service and results.

Give me a call anytime. I am here to serve.

Thank you very much.

Brandon

Last edited by AutoHQ; 06-26-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Oh, Kevin's had a fantastic reputation here. Don't worry about that. It's good to see you guys are going to be around more often.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks!

Yes, Kevin has a well deserved great reputation. And we will be around for a long time to come. We have too many happy customers with reliable cars for us to go anywhere!

I want people to know about some improvements we are making at the shop, such as our regular morning hours.

When you e-mail, we'll write you back soon. Phone calls are answered. These are basic but important improvements.

We are also rebuilding our website soon, as well as remodeling the shop some.
I'm working on it all now. We will update everyone, and hold an event when the shop is set-up.

Kevin says for me to write, "No more vacation for Kevin too."

Thanks again!

Brandon

Last edited by AutoHQ; 06-26-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:09 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Wish you guys all the best. If I can help let me know.

Cheers!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:22 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX, tuned by Ed@EQ
i roll by your shop a good 4 times a day since i work one block over. always see some sexy cars sitting out front. gl with the revamp, i'll be sure to stop on by
Old 06-19-2008, 06:29 PM

I go to AutoHQ for all my automotive needs

~Marshall

Last edited by TurnWRX; 06-19-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Marshall,

Please call me (650-368-3290) to discuss the details.

Brandon
Old 06-19-2008, 06:44 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
one of your guys dropped a card on my windshield in the city probably a year ago. i had wondered if it was kevin. i had already heard of you guys, but nice to know i got spotted.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Former Sponsor

It was probably Kevin! He likes to do that.

Brandon
Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
i think it was kevin who hooked me up with a free clutch replacement back when the 02 bugeyes had that TSB and my car wasn't in the group of cars that needed it =)
Old 06-20-2008, 01:34 AM

Car Info: 04 WRX
+1 for AutoHQ!

The shop kinda fell under the radar for a while on this forum, even though the ad banner shows up at the top of this site. Kevin is an excellent mechanic. You get the impression that he works on your car as if it were his own, and what more can you ask for than that? He even was generous enough to order and stock a 20L tub of Subaru Extra-S gear oil so I wouldn't have to get my transmission fluid change at the stealership.

It's nice to see that you guys are looking to have regular morning hours. My last visit, I waited for almost an hour until my car was worked on. The poor guy (whose name I can't remember now, drives a miata) had a long drive from San Luis Obispo and came straight to the shop. I sympathized because I've done the same drive going directly where I needed to be in the morning, plus I was running late for the appointment time myself . I will be making another appointment for my next service.

-Charles
Old 06-20-2008, 02:06 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

do you folks do toyota truck engine swaps?
Old 06-20-2008, 02:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Hi Brandon, I've met Kevin and Shige at a show before but I guess I haven't had the opportunity to meet you.
Not to be a dick or anything, but I did e-mail a request for a quote on a Zerosports panel air filter about 3 weeks ago with yet to receive a response. Thanks
Old 06-20-2008, 06:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi, we do engine swaps if they make sense and we believe the swap will work. Give me a call about the details and we can propose it to Kevin.

As for the Zerosports air filter, we have one in-stock. We were just about to return it to the distributor. Your order was made before I started here which is why I was unaware. Please give me a call for us to hold the air filter for you.

Thank you very much.

Brandon
Old 06-20-2008, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

sweet! glad that you guys are open earlier now! Kevin does great work.

Quick Reply: New at AutoHQ--new manager.