need some advise on getting scammed

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 PM

Car Info: 2003 sy wrx
need some advise on getting scammed

ok so here is the deal i paypaled a business on another website for a product that inthe pictures he sent me were sti jdm projectors. now when i got the product from a third party aka another business it was a stupid ebay headlights. now when i call this guy for a refund he of course denied that they were different. now i called my bank and since my account is tied to the paypal and not my visa they can't really help me. also paypal said they can't help because its not from ebay and its not a not recieved case. now the guy did offer to pay me half but i have to ship the product back to the third party and then he will give me a refund. now the problem i have is once i ship this back he will get credit to his account and i will have no proof this transaction took place.so what should i do i have the pictures and emails from him? any help would be great because i would actually like my money back or at least some
Old 06-24-2009, 10:52 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
Ok, you had to paypal Business A for Product A. You received Product B from Business B. That's what I'm understanding, if my assumption is correct, regardless of the product you received, you have a case with paypal to dispute the claim. You should file a dispute asap.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:55 PM

here is what happened sorry i didn't clarify i paid this guy for headlights and what he did was drop ship them from another company and thats what i got in my shipment
Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 PM

But they were JDM Projectors, marketed as JDM projectors and turned out not to be what was advertised. But really that is inconsequential.

Because of paypal's ridiculous policies (and also another reason why I don't deal with paypal anymore), you have grounds for dispute simple because Business A never sent you anything unless he uploaded the shipping info into your paypal transaction's history for verification. If there's no verification of shipping in paypal there's a case for a dispute.

But you should send them back, it's a pain but that's what it sounds like needs to happen, make sure you file a claim with paypal that you received an item that did not match what you paid for and that you're returning it. Send it back in a way that requires proof of delivery (signature) and a tracking number and keep meticulous records.

Next time don't deal with shady dealers :P
Old 06-24-2009, 11:23 PM

yeah he did upload shipping info to paypal. but i will return it i', just pissed this guy is everywhere on all the different car clubs selling crap and scamming people. the thing i don't get is why a so-called business make such a effort for like a $100 when he gets all kinds of paypal disputes? i know there is no satisfied customers since he has the same post everywhere exact words on the sales
Old 06-25-2009, 12:30 AM

If he sets up an a bank account, links a paypal account to the bank account, gets a number of 100 dollar deposits from people paying him. He can have the bank account closed and money in hand no problem. Paypal's only recourse would be to send a collection agency after him but really paypal isn't secure enough and doesn't require enough verified information to ever prove exactly who you're sending money to.

This can be done an infinite amount of times and is a way for people to make a few bucks fast.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:23 AM

i see your point also this guys business phone is a prepaid cell but better news is that i have his account # for the third party supplier and it turns out he filled out a return for all of these headlight that he scammed us and he listed reasons for the other 2 a defect and customer changed his mind. me i filled my own out say he scammed me and thats why i'm returning it. but i'm concerned that once i return this he gets a credit to his account and doesn't pay us back our money and walks away with all the cash?