Multiple Deaths in San Bernardino, Calif., Mass Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 03:02 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
all 3 muslim: Check
all 3 prepared with explosives and body armor: Check

News/idiot in whitehouse calling it a 'random shooting': Check.

****ING IDIOTS. I can't believe people are already buying into the fact this was some random act and that 'guns bad' while missing the point this was a flat out terrorist attack that was preplaned.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:26 AM

Car Info: 2013 STI Hatch
Don't forget the go pro cameras
Old 12-03-2015, 06:30 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
really? Really?! REALLY?!? The dust has not yet settled or all facts yet to be determined...yet here we go again that it was the "evil guns" at fault.

In Grim Ritual, Barack Obama Again Calls for Stricter Gun Control After Mass Shooting - Washington Wire - WSJ

In what has become a ritual in the aftermath of a mass shooting, President Barack Obama repeated his call for stricter gun control laws after another deadly attack on Wednesday, this one in San Bernardino, Calif.

“We have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world,” Mr. Obama told CBS News in an interview taped Wednesday.

Speaking to CBS’s Norah O’Donnell, Mr. Obama called for stronger background checks for gun purchases and other “common sense” firearms laws that could curb mass shootings.
Where was your soap box after the Paris attack? Oh that's right; that country already has draconian laws that parallel what Obama Bin Laden wants. Yet that did not stop couple guys with AK47 killing ~90 people in a theater.

And I like how the rhetoric now switched from "mass shootings that plague the United States just never happen in other countries."...to..."the pattern of mass shootings anywhere else in the world". ISWYDT.

Hours later, the couple were killed in a gunbattle on the street with police, just 2 miles from where the mass shooting had occurred. Authorities said the pair were found armed with assault rifles and semiautomatic handguns.
Wow. Must be a very rich couple. What's the going civilian rate for those now? $30,000-50,000+ each?

Last edited by LxJLthr; 12-03-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:25 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
News flash: more laws and restrictions are being put in place and MORE shooting incidents are occurring. WAKE UP. Insane people are insane whether they have guns or not.

Gov Brown passed another law in the wake of the Oregon shootings. CCW holders can no longer legally carry on school grounds. That is somehow going to stop this sort of thing from happening Stupid reactionary laws passed by people who have no clue about the actual situation.

I do completely agree that the media is responsible for the increase of these incidents as well. If they would just stop covering these things to death, other questionable individuals probably would not get the same idea.

Last edited by 04GG; 12-03-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
there was actually another mass shooting yesterday that most people didn't hear about, because the news was all over what was going on in san bernardino

4 people were shot yesterday morning in savannah, GA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...united-states/

did anybody notice how many times reporters kept saying "it's very fluid out here" ? I think i heard it on ktvu at least 200 times
Old 12-03-2015, 10:28 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
That's what people can't seem to figure out. Passing laws to restrict gun ownership only takes guns out of the hands of rational law abiding citizen.

Crazy people and/or criminals will find a way to get what they need or use something else to get the job done...

I am all for security checks when purchasing fire arms. I'm all for waiting periods. If you just want a gun because you like guns or need a hunting rifle or some crap you should have no problems waiting.

Instead of banning everything that's big and black maybe we should teach people how to properly care for and handle fire arms. Maybe you should have to take a safety course before purchasing a fire arm and have to take refreshers every now and again like CPR.

I'm cool with that. I have a shot gun in my house. Only I can reach it and only I know where it's at. I will not put guns anywhere near anyone else in my family until they have all bee educated and are old enough to understand what they're for.

It's finding that balance that we need to do. Just banning everything and passing more useless legislature is pointless. It's just allowing the government farther and farther into our lives where they do not belong.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by 04GG
News flash: more laws and restrictions are being put in place and MORE shooting incidents are occurring. WAKE UP. Insane people are insane whether they have guns or not.

Gov Brown passed another law in the wake of the Oregon shootings. CCW holders can no longer legally carry on school grounds. That is somehow going to stop this sort of thing from happening Stupid reactionary laws passed by people who have no clue about the actual situation.

I do completely agree that the media is responsible for the increase of these incidents as well. If they would just stop covering these things to death, other questionable individuals probably would not get the same idea.
No. THAT would actually be common sense which does not fit into administration's definition of "common sense".

If I ever get to run my own business, I am putting up a big "CCW Permit Holders & Carriers Receive 25% Off Everything" sign...and not even worry about an alarm system

Originally Posted by Rescuer
there was actually another mass shooting yesterday that most people didn't hear about, because the news was all over what was going on in san bernardino

4 people were shot yesterday morning in savannah, GA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...united-states/

did anybody notice how many times reporters kept saying "it's very fluid out here" ? I think i heard it on ktvu at least 200 times
So does media now have a quota on how many people must be involved for it to be worthwhile story? "Only 4 people dead? Pft! Find me something at least 10 or you are fired."

Last edited by LxJLthr; 12-03-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:39 AM

I completely agree with the education perspective, but that's too much work or effort. Even Boy Scouts don't teach marksmanship anymore (or at least not very consistently) and instead tell you to call the authorities. Even knife handling requires scouts to stand in a designated "safety circle" with other scouts far away. Or at least this is what one of my coworkers told me about his son's local troops.

Plus education implementation and results take a long time to come to fruition. Much longer than reelection cycles. Plus education costs money. And politicians only like to cut those budgets. Therefore, all of the knee jerk "more laws! more rules!" emotional reactions to point to something "being done!" during ballot time.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
That's what people can't seem to figure out. Passing laws to restrict gun ownership only takes guns out of the hands of rational law abiding citizen.

Crazy people and/or criminals will find a way to get what they need or use something else to get the job done...

I am all for security checks when purchasing fire arms. I'm all for waiting periods. If you just want a gun because you like guns or need a hunting rifle or some crap you should have no problems waiting.

Instead of banning everything that's big and black maybe we should teach people how to properly care for and handle fire arms. Maybe you should have to take a safety course before purchasing a fire arm and have to take refreshers every now and again like CPR.

I'm cool with that. I have a shot gun in my house. Only I can reach it and only I know where it's at. I will not put guns anywhere near anyone else in my family until they have all bee educated and are old enough to understand what they're for.

It's finding that balance that we need to do. Just banning everything and passing more useless legislature is pointless. It's just allowing the government farther and farther into our lives where they do not belong.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:52 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
You DO now have to at least pass a test to get a "FSC" firearm safety certificate, to purchase ANY firearm (used to be for handguns, now applies to everything). There is an optional class associated with that certificate that can be taken and the cert does expire and has to be renewed.

I don't know how they could make background checks better, but I'm for that. Education helps, but won't solve the issue completely because the people who are doing stuff like this are not stable but are able to "fit in" and seem normal in many cases. They can't be weeded out with a normal background check.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:48 AM

You DO now have to at least pass a test to get a "FSC" firearm safety certificate, to purchase ANY firearm (used to be for handguns, now applies to everything). There is an optional class associated with that certificate that can be taken and the cert does expire and has to be renewed.

I don't know how they could make background checks better, but I'm for that. Education helps, but won't solve the issue completely because the people who are doing stuff like this are not stable but are able to "fit in" and seem normal in many cases. They can't be weeded out with a normal background check.
IMHO education would be crucial to having citizens that understand, respect and potentially carry firearms or at least not go down without a fight. It will make criminals questions their intentions more if you don't know whether a theater is a "Gun FREE zone" or every other 3rd person has a Glock.

Background check wise...I don't think any further background check increases would be possible without a mandatory universal gun owner registry and tracking, which is exactly what the government wants. And we know how much we can trust the government with something like that (besides defeating the purpose of ownership).
Old 12-03-2015, 01:50 PM
General Pimpin'

I have the study materials in my office. But I don't think they're in depth enough. You read these materials and take a test.

I think they should have even minimally say an 8 hr training course. Proper handling. Cleaning. Maintenance. Storage. Loading. Firing... etc... maybe even 12 hours. 2 6 hour days.

Would it be expensive... sure but it's not something that the government/tax payer should have to pay. You want to buy a handgun... pay $50 or $100 for the course. Sell packages where you can get discounts on advanced certifications. Maybe those advanced certifications are part of the building blocks towards get a concealed permit or the what not.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:53 PM

Car Info: 2013 STI Hatch
I still don't know why we need a permit to carry. It's your constitutional right.

Unless you are a felon anybody should be able to carry concealed or not concealed...
Old 12-03-2015, 01:54 PM
General Pimpin'

Hell... I think they should be doing the same thing with drivers licensed testing. I think we should implement a teared system.

You want a permit that allows you to drive by yourself to and from work or whatever... and use say the first 2 lanes of a highway.... Take the written and the ridiculously easy and variable driving test.

You want to actually be able to drive with people in your car. Drive after dark. Etc. Take a 1-2 day course with some actual drivers training in it and a harder written test. Want access to the fast lane... take another weekend of drivers training.

It's way too damned easy to get a drivers test right now. People seriously do not know how to do the basic things of driving... parking, merging, using safety signals, etc. I guarantee you there is a large percentage of people that don't even know what all the signs mean and sure as hell don't realize that it's the LAW to safely get up to the speed of traffic when merging. You can't legally enter a highway going 65 doing 30.

It's a joke.

And cars are way more deadly than fire arms.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Slide
I still don't know why we need a permit to carry. It's your constitutional right.

Unless you are a felon anybody should be able to carry concealed or not concealed...
I agree. To me... if you take all the tests that I was talking about, a safety course, pass everything and pass your backgrounds... should be able to do whatever the hell you want with your guns.

But the problem is... we've drifted so far down this rabbit hole that people seriously do not have the common sense to deal with that type of situation. We just continually give more and more control and opinion to the government and people are lost as hell without it. I'm not sure how to stop it but to educate our kids and hope it changes with them.

It's like this shooting... you've got hundreds/thousands of people in this building and when the gunman walk in people just run away and hide. I don't get that crap man. I'm not the type to just blindly run in front of these guys and think they're not gonna shoot me in the face. Though I would think that I'd jump in front of someone else or at least tackle them to get them out of the way.... I do think I'm the kind of person that would hide. Get people safe and then look for a way to take them out myself. Fire extinguishers... whatever.

Instead people just hide until they get shot. At the very least get into a room.. break the ****ing window and run.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Education helps, but won't solve the issue completely because the people who are doing stuff like this are not stable but are able to "fit in" and seem normal in many cases. They can't be weeded out with a normal background check.
Exactly. I am sure that most of these people who have done these things "know how to handle their weapons" from an operational perspective. It's the desire and ability to kill people that is the problem. Frankly, I would not be surprised if there are some people that see all this regulation as some sort of challenge.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I have the study materials in my office. But I don't think they're in depth enough. You read these materials and take a test.

I think they should have even minimally say an 8 hr training course. Proper handling. Cleaning. Maintenance. Storage. Loading. Firing... etc... maybe even 12 hours. 2 6 hour days.

Would it be expensive... sure but it's not something that the government/tax payer should have to pay. You want to buy a handgun... pay $50 or $100 for the course. Sell packages where you can get discounts on advanced certifications. Maybe those advanced certifications are part of the building blocks towards get a concealed permit or the what not.
And still, even with all of that, they would need to not want to kill someone. All of this is definitely a good idea, but, like "gun control" this will not fix the problem. I don't think anyone really knows what it will take to get this to stop happening.

Originally Posted by Slide
Simply put, because most people would not handle that well. We have people on this very forum who have claimed that they would not hesitate to shoot someone over a perceived slight in a traffic confrontation. THAT is the problem. But how to fix it? No one really knows.

Quick Reply: Multiple Deaths in San Bernardino, Calif., Mass Shooting