Go Back  i-Club > Regional Forums > Bay Area
Machine Shop in the bay/norcal >

Machine Shop in the bay/norcal

Notices

Machine Shop in the bay/norcal

Old 09-11-2013, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza L
Originally Posted by wombatsauce View Post
That doesn't make a lot of sense. Turning out rotors is one thing, but most places I have been or worked have had a dedicated device for this. Working with a lathe is not such a big deal if this is what you do, and a lot of times resurfacing flywheels requires a good amount of experience depending on the application (where rotors usually do not). Must be nice to turn away business in this economy!
They have dedicated devices for what they specialize in and offer as service to folks, sure these tools can be used for other tasks but they choose not too. They have a relationship with another local shop which they would refer anyone looking for having a flywheel surfaced or rotors turned.

The place they would refer you too is Tennyson Machine Shop (Ask for Sal)
Old 09-11-2013, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 05 STi, 87 RX
Thanks for the advice, I guess it is best to just go by and talk to them.

It is just seems a little cloudy on the process because this is our first time building an engine. It is for LeMons so we won't be sad if it blows up in 5 laps (ok we will be sad but we will be expecting it).
Old 09-11-2013, 04:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2000 Legacy GT, 1999 Forester, 1989 Camry All-Trac
Originally Posted by pghiocel View Post
It is for LeMons so we won't be sad if it blows up in 5 laps (ok we will be sad but we will be expecting it).
My brother and his LeMons team did some PnP block/head work on their Sylvia on their own. A lot of Dremeling later...

[IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/telstar/9190681048/][/url]

(Don't have any shots on hand of the head, haha)

Last edited by de_engineered; 09-11-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: FatBike in the snow.
Originally Posted by UKn00b View Post
They have dedicated devices for what they specialize in and offer as service to folks, sure these tools can be used for other tasks but they choose not too. They have a relationship with another local shop which they would refer anyone looking for having a flywheel surfaced or rotors turned.

The place they would refer you too is Tennyson Machine Shop (Ask for Sal)
That makes sense. I realize my post sounds a little stupid as I know nothing about their business.