Let me flame on Stevens Creek Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:04 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
no complaints.... yet

I *just* bought a car at SCS. It's a '02 WRX AT with 52k miles. They were asking $21,500... kbb was $19,200. I bought it for $16,800.
I was wondering why I was able to get that bargain....
Seems like a good place to buy a car... but maybe not a good one to get it serviced? I haven't had the "privilege" of getting my car serviced there.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 2003 TS Wagon
The poor guy who traded in that WRX is the one who got screwed then. I'm sure SCS didn't take a hit on it.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:14 AM

OH!!... I forgot to mention the "added accessories": a Momo steering wheel and airbags in the seats....
LOL, needless to say my car has NO added accessories
Old 05-06-2004, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Heavy Dan
OH!!... I forgot to mention the "added accessories": a Momo steering wheel and airbags in the seats....
LOL, needless to say my car has NO added accessories
Hahaha that's classic! Next they're going to tell you the intercooler is an "added accessory." $tealerships... what would we do without them...

-Chris
Old 05-06-2004, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
did they mention the floor pedals? most cars come without them
Old 05-14-2004, 12:02 AM

Car Info: sc300
god ****ing damnit i ****ing hate stevens ****ing creek subaru! my parents MADE me get the 30k service there because thats where we got the car from. I wanted to go to Santa Cruz but noooo.... I had to go to ****ing stevens creek! i got the car back and a couple days later i was dripping oil. I was like wtf is going on? **** my car never leaked **** before this sucks. I take a look and it was leaking from the drain bolt. I get on my ****ing hands and knees to see what these idiots got paid for doing wrong and they forgot to put a new crush washer (is that what its even called, **** i dont know). how is the guy that did that still working there. no wonder he told me that if i fill in all excellents on the survey and bring it in to him i get a free detail. ooooohhh... he gets straight F's from me. he is one lazy **** and ill wash my own car.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:29 AM

Post the guys name.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:20 PM

I am looking into getting a 05 STi and I went by SC subaru since I was in the area and they had four of them in the showroom......all of them had a price tag of 43k dollars......after I got up off the floor from passing out I drove up to the dealer in redwood city and talked to a salesman there.....go figure....they are selling it for retail....34k....I asked if they had any in and he said no, he sold the last on they had in today to a guy that just came from SC subaru....lol.....how the f**k can you justify a 10k markup when the dealers around you are seeing the same car for retail.....I'm glad I read this thread before going to purchase.....but hey...SCS said they would throw in some ballons if I bought the car today.....you know...that almost changed my mind.....
Old 05-14-2004, 10:24 PM

they post high prices.... a lot of dealers take that approach and hope that people will buy it. go over there and offer them what you're willing to pay (even if it is 10k under....). that's just how scs does business... and i'm not really hating on it. they like to negotiate...
Old 05-15-2004, 08:19 AM

Car Info: my 02 Wrx > STi = G35
Originally Posted by slmdeclipse
I am looking into getting a 05 STi and I went by SC subaru since I was in the area and they had four of them in the showroom......all of them had a price tag of 43k dollars......after I got up off the floor from passing out I drove up to the dealer in redwood city and talked to a salesman there.....go figure....they are selling it for retail....34k....I asked if they had any in and he said no, he sold the last on they had in today to a guy that just came from SC subaru....lol.....how the f**k can you justify a 10k markup when the dealers around you are seeing the same car for retail.....I'm glad I read this thread before going to purchase.....but hey...SCS said they would throw in some ballons if I bought the car today.....you know...that almost changed my mind.....
Originally Posted by Heavy Dan
they post high prices.... a lot of dealers take that approach and hope that people will buy it. go over there and offer them what you're willing to pay (even if it is 10k under....). that's just how scs does business... and i'm not really hating on it. they like to negotiate...
$43k for an 05 STi? Well if it was on the showroom floor, usually those cars come with all the options and then some. In Stevens Creek's defense that may be where that price stems from. If that is not the case, than I must say "WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING?" I still have the sticker from my car (sentimental purposes ) and it reads "$31,584.00" (only option: wheel locks), so IMO options or not, I would not pay over 10k more than 31k for another STi. Unfortunately, with the way that Stevens Creek does business, I don't think you can haggle $43k down to $31k. I know dealerships can negotiate, but why would someone want to start negotiating at a sticker price of 41k when you can start at 34k from another dealership?

Good Luck on the car purchase BTW...
Old 05-15-2004, 12:27 PM

this is what the sales person said to me.....I asked what is the asking price for the sti.....he said.....well retail is 33k but our asking is 43k,,,,,I personaly have no respect for any deal that jacks the price up 10k in hopes that some sucker will pay that price or to use it for negotiation......with all the options it's a 33k dollar car and I will never do business with a dealer that jacks the price up that much.....this is just my opinion though.....
Old 05-17-2004, 02:11 PM

lol they wanted 50 bux for a damn oilchange from me, it was my first oilchange to! it should be free damnit I just bought the car from the ediots!

Sale wise I was actually kind of happy, lol I gave them hell though, I wanted to pre-payback all the future hell they will prolly give me, n e ways, I made the dealers sooo excited that I was gonna buy the car then I went to modesto to my parents house for the weekend and I had them drive the paper work all the way to modesto so I can sighn it HA! foools I tell you and on top of that I got the car for 60 bux under invoice! and the entire time I was saying "hey my friends are all calling me and warning me not to buy the car from here whys that? huh pat huh roe huh TS ! HA I got them kindof sick of me and I love it!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:16 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
let me add to the flames here.

I am quite angry with stevens creek subaru at this moment. Their business practices have now met a new low (I didn't think it was possible either). This is my call to arms.

I have now heard from several people through the grapevine that Stevens Creek is making it public that they want to shut down Santa Cruz Subaru. They have opennly stated that they will beat any price quote that Santa Cruz gives. Not to help the people but purely out of spite toward santa cruz. I guess they figure if they can't please people with great personal service and people skills they will try to do it with pricing.

IT's complete and utter bull. I don't understand how a place that has $10k mark ups on thier 2005 Sti's can say they will price match? In otherwords if you're stupid enough not to look at other prices we'll bend you over the sales table. But if you price shop then we'll drop our prices back to where they should be in the first place just to spite that other dealership.

I'm pretty pissed off. I have to say I have had nothing but great experiences at Subaru of Santa Cruz. They are the top rated dealership for a reason. They're staff is very curteous and helping...from sales to parts to tech. I've never had one problem. Shoot I've recommended more than a few peopel their way and I know quite a few people that made the mistake of buying at stevens creek to end up servicing at santa cruz. Shoot I know for a fact that stevens creek farms out the stuff they can't figure out to santa cruz. Hmmmm?

basically folks I'm outraged at these kind of tactics. Openly knocking other dealerships. Openly stating you are attempting to put another dealership out of business. I'd like to report this kind of thing to SOA. If anyone should be put down it's Stevens Creek. Is saving a couple hundred dollars really worth the grief of dealing with those people? Shoot santa cruz includes the 3 years of free oil changes and 10% discounts on parts and services and thier prices are as fair as you could expect. Very very competitive. So in reality you put the prices and service savings together you really don't save money with stevens creek and you loose out on the service end.

So yeah. You could say I'm none to happy with stevens creek. I'd like to see this sticky thread put up in a couple other places so more than just bay area people can read it without looking for it here. (if it's not already that is)

People often buy out of their living area to save money. So I'd like to see all of california reading this thread and I'd really like to see someone from SOA reading it. Stevens creek needs to be dealt with.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:58 AM

I was talking about stevens creek subaru.....I have heard nothing but good thing about santa cruz......stevens creek is the dealer trying to sell the 05 sti for 43k
Old 05-18-2004, 01:13 PM

Hey One Man Army I dont want to be the Devils Advocate here and I agree with you 1000% however with stevens creek last time I herd selling the most in the US or tied with someone in NJ They are capable of getting away with a lot more than what they are doing. The SOA has prolly herd a million and one complaints about them and as a whitness ive never gone in there and seen someone whos actually buying a car or had boughten a car with a smile on thier face, infact most of em were yelling. Any who Im with you all the way but before we contact anyone we need to have "Strong Ground" to stand on, tu comprenday?

Quick Reply: Let me flame on Stevens Creek Subaru