Legal tint in California?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
so wait.

if i get a physician's note i can have tinted windows?

ha ha... but when i get pulled over... i'd probably get sited for 30 other things... forget that idea!

SD
Old 07-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
Originally posted by Steppin Razor
Yes, false information. CVC 26708(d) subsection 1 states I wish we could come up with a FAQ section that r00ks MUST read before they can even enter BAIC. We must get that question once a week, and I'm not exaggerating (I cannot for the life of me remember how to spell that word ). tacobellmexicanpizza can vouch for me on that one.
if we had to screen folks before they came in... you'd never make it in you big dork!
Old 07-05-2003, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally posted by babymike
it's illegal to have the front windows tinted at all, unless you put on one of those perfectly clear UV guard tints. No matter what shop you go to, they'll make you sign a waiver saying that you understand that it's illegal to tint the fronts, or at least that's what i've experienced at the three tint shops i've been to.
I didnt finish reading this whole thread so I apologize if I am repeating anything anyone else has said.....What babymike said is true....any tint on the side windows/windshield is illegal....and the waiver you have to sign at the tint shops is just releasing the shop of liability IF you DO get a ticket for the tint, but they will usually not have a problem tinting just about any windows you want them to as long as you understand the risks of getting a fix-it ticket.....and release the shop of any liability (sign the waiver if one is provided)

my 2¢

-Ted
Old 07-05-2003, 12:57 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by Steppin Razor
and wingless wonder, that F1 tint must be pretty insane stuff. how much horsepower and skidpad Gs does that add?
My car is totally transformed with the simple addition of this window film. My redline has been raised to over 15,000 rpm (but my tach doesn't read that high). It adds more power than even the Tornado Fuel Saver. Seriously, though, I'm not sure how this brand film stacks up against others, but it doesn't turn purple like some do.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 07-05-2003, 10:02 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by Joe Schmoe
Is F1 supposed to be the top of the line as far as tint goes?
I don't know how it compares to other window film. I'd never heard of it until this particular shop installed the film in my cars. It's covered by a lifetime warranty as stated on Formula One's site. I never remember where I put my warranty paperwork - it's somewhere around here...

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush