Initial D (the TV series)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 01:42 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally posted by danhtao
talking about sayuki and mako,
who seen extra stage? :banana:

and the chinese people, ever wondered why they named sayuki sayuki? isn't it like "hey sayuki, come over here" and "hey journey to the west, come over here"
What do the Chinese have to do with Japanese names?
Old 01-13-2004, 03:09 AM

sayuki....saiyuki...the monkey king...journey to the west...trip to india...something like that? feel free to flame me if i'm wrong with the word play...stole it from a hong kong friend while doing an initial d marathon....
Old 01-13-2004, 07:37 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
choku. i have the Wangan Midnight PS2 game. is that based on the manga? i didnt know a manga existed. but the game is pretty cool. completely unrealistic. but its fun.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:47 AM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Originally posted by outferno
Yeah, you are right. They did make them straight from the factory for a while too. My dream hybrid is really a 240SX hatch rear end with a S14 97-98 style front end. OMFG... jizz... or even a coupe rear will do.

Signed,
Outferno
http://home.comcast.net/~debnar1/s14ons13.rar
Old 01-13-2004, 08:37 AM

Car Info: Soon to be a 2011 WRX?
Forgive me for 2 things, helping the hijacking of this post, and a n00b question...

Is it THAT easy to slap an s14 front end onto an s13? Is it just a simple matter of throwing on the a set of unmodified s14 fenders, hood and bumper, then painting it all up?

I soooo wish there was a LEGAL way to run an SR20 in this state, I'm too old to be dealing with the hassles of swapping engines in and out everytime some self righteous pig decides it's time for me to go see the referee again.

I can't think of a more awesome "bang for the buck" sports car than an s13 with it's proper engine under the hood. 300 rwhp is not THAT hard to reach, it'll still handle beautifully and it can be done for under 8 grand. You COULD slap one together for about 4 or 5 if you got ridiculously lucky on the parts.

Gaaaaah. **** THE California Air Reasearch Board! Free the SR20! Now I'm thinking about 240's again dammit... grrr
Old 01-13-2004, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by Xero
Forgive me for 2 things, helping the hijacking of this post, and a n00b question...

Is it THAT easy to slap an s14 front end onto an s13? Is it just a simple matter of throwing on the a set of unmodified s14 fenders, hood and bumper, then painting it all up?
No. Either custom fabrication or aftermarket fenders from Japan. Not sure if they made them for S14 -> S13's yet. However, last time I've checked, a company called Masa only had fiberglass S15 fenders. I have a photo of that conversion from Japan though. It looks pretty neat.

I soooo wish there was a LEGAL way to run an SR20 in this state, I'm too old to be dealing with the hassles of swapping engines in and out everytime some self righteous pig decides it's time for me to go see the referee again.
Eh, so far the only LEGAL choice would be MotoRex in Southern California. You know, the guys who import Skylines. =/

I can't think of a more awesome "bang for the buck" sports car than an s13 with it's proper engine under the hood. 300 rwhp is not THAT hard to reach, it'll still handle beautifully and it can be done for under 8 grand. You COULD slap one together for about 4 or 5 if you got ridiculously lucky on the parts.
Don't count out the stock KA24. It's got potential. Usually people get massive numbers from tweaking the internals and adding a huge *** turbo to it along with various parts like intercooler, a better mass airflow sensor (usually one off a Mustang Cobra, it's weird, I know), bigger injectors, etc, etc. I've seen more budget oriented turbo kits thrown together that had no operation problems. I've only seen turbo kits for the S14's KA from Fmax and Nsport. Which I heard were pretty decent kits. I think the Nsport one was also for the S13, I forgot. XS Engineering has an S14 kit too. GReddy's been taking eternity for their's, I think they've wussed out on releasing it. GReddy was the only LEGAL kit I could have thought of. Besides, when it comes time to smog that crap, if someone's real bored, they can just spend part of their day uninstalling it. Haha.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 01-13-2004 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
After the few mentions for the girls Mako & Sayuki i have to say HELL YA!!!!! They are so freakin hot. Mako in the face and Sayuki in the body. She can be my co-pilot anytime.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:17 AM

Then go take your cold shower after watching Extra Stage. :P
Old 01-14-2004, 12:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Okay okay: here's Sayuki and Saiyuki explained... Sayuki is a Japanese girl's name; its kanji is two characters: Sand and Snow. Thus, her name can be roughly translated as "powder snow" more or less. Saiyuki is the name of the story of Son Goku, the Monkey King, and his journey to the West (namely, India). The kanji for this is three characters: approximately West, Bound, and Chronicle, or roughly "Journey to the West" as it's usually translated. The story behind this is that the Monkey King was a demon who liked to play tricks, waste time, and generally **** people off. One day, he was summoned by God to be punished for generally being a pain in the ***. However, the Monkey King promised to reform and was thus sent by God on a mission to (I start to forget how it goes a bit here...) recover sacred scriptures in India, and to learn and reform on his journey. He is accompanied by a Pig Demon and a wayward, lecherous monk on his journey, for they too are to reform.
I've used the Monkey King's Japanese transliterated name to bring up another interesting point. For all you Dragon Ball fans out there, the series is chock full of references to the Journey to the West. Son Goku is the Monkey King (his staff, his tail, and his cloud transportation). Kuririn (AKA Krilyn or however his name is transliterated) and Master Roshi are in a sense both the wayward monk, and the Pig Guy is well, the Pig Guy
HKBeef: Yup, Wangan Midnight is indeed a manga. It's all about Kantou-area highway battlers in the late 1980s: the main character drives an SA30 Fairlady Z (240Z here in the States) and among his rivals are a guy in a Datsun Bluebird (510), a girl in a brand spankin' new R32 Skyline GT-R, and some rich tuxedoed bastard in a Ferrari Testarossa with his worried girlfriend.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:45 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
thats definately based on the manga then. cause the only car u can drive is that old Z. its pretty fun. You race other cars and there is a "life" meter that gets smaller if u are behind. whoever's "life" meter runs out 1st loses. but i stopped playing because i couldnt beat the 2 R34's.