Idiots on Hw 17!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 12:54 PM

Car Info: LGT STI
Thumbs down Idiots on Hw 17!

I was driving my Durango to SJSU today at about 10am. I commute from Scotts Valley so I dirve hw17. Man usually there are pretty stupid drivers on there but today everyone just freaked! There was a few mud slides and some flooded spots so a lot of people just pulled over and debated what to do. There was a car parked like every 1/4 mile or so. But the funny thing was when there was a pretty deep section of flooding and the guy in front of me just stops and looks at it! Didnt bother to pull over or anything, just stops! It was some old guy driving an Oldsmobile. He just freaked out. Lucy for me I had police sirens and strobes (shhhh, dont tell anyone) on my durango so I just fliped them on and he pulled over to join the rest of them while I drove through just fine.
IDIOTS-ON-ROADS+RAIN=CAOS!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:11 PM

Car Info: GDA
interesting....this begs the question -- why do you have sirens & strobes???
Old 10-19-2004, 01:13 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by youpers
I was driving my Durango to SJSU today at about 10am. I commute from Scotts Valley so I dirve hw17. Man usually there are pretty stupid drivers on there but today everyone just freaked! There was a few mud slides and some flooded spots so a lot of people just pulled over and debated what to do. There was a car parked like every 1/4 mile or so. But the funny thing was when there was a pretty deep section of flooding and the guy in front of me just stops and looks at it! Didnt bother to pull over or anything, just stops! It was some old guy driving an Oldsmobile. He just freaked out. Lucy for me I had police sirens and strobes (shhhh, dont tell anyone) on my durango so I just fliped them on and he pulled over to join the rest of them while I drove through just fine.
IDIOTS-ON-ROADS+RAIN=CAOS!
Yea I want to know why you have sirens... HAHAHA.. maybe to mess with other people haggling you, and bam! Flip on the sirens they're like "oh ****" Hahaha, the rain brings out the dummest drivers...
Old 10-19-2004, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Wink

Lucy for you? Well then, Lucy for me, too.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:02 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I was driving over 17 from San Jose to Scotts Valley at 6:40am, it was madness! cant see, hydroplaning, water everywhere.

But my subie handled it better then me. =)
Old 10-19-2004, 10:25 PM

Car Info: LGT STI
I got the sirens from JC Whitney believe it or not, Its a little box that mounts under your dash and a loud horn that mounts behind your grille. It even makes animal sounds. When we go snow boarding me moo at girls, they either love it, laugh and smile, or they give you an evil grin, (because deep down they think they are fat). Oh and how do your subies do in this weather? Mine did pretty good up untill I modded the s**t out of it. And useless for wet weather.