I want to sell my 07 STi and buy an EVO-X+

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by brucelee
Ive never been a "comfort *****", so the EVO X is looking more and more appealing to me, especially with the posts that you guys have provided. I'm really close to cleaning the hell out of my WRX STi (2007) and selling it to buy an EVO X... I don't care what my wife says, this car is what I want, and is what Ive always wanted! Ive wanted a real deal EVO since like 1997 but since they weren't available, I bought my 2.5RS, then my 06 WRX, and then finally my 07 WRX STi... I'm really happy with my STi, but would still love to have an EVO since it's my true love and calling. Id never leave this community, the only difference would be that I drive an EVO rather than an STi. I love how easily EVO's can be modded, I love the quick steering rack, I love the looks, I love the stiffness, I love the seats, I love everything about it!!! My wife would get upset, but I'm not too worried about that.

Damn, I really want an EVO X even more now!!! AHHHHH!

get your evo in southern CA, i think its south coast mitsu or long beach mitsu
Old 10-12-2010, 12:09 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
The grass is always greener Bruce. You should just save up for a lambo and be done with it.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:10 PM

Car Info: wrx02
So Bruce, you want evo X MR or GSR? Personally, I would like MR touring. I wouldn't touch suspension as it is such a great handling car from stock. Wheels are pretty light and good looking as well. Exhuast, intake, and tune will be enough for power. Yeah, I would like to own evo myself. That double clutch gears looks promising too, although many like 6spd.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB
How about a 2011 STi ??? just throwing another option lol
Old 10-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Forget the 2011, wait for the revised motor in 2012. Shalom timing belt, Shalom timing chain!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Car Info: wrx02
2011 sti is a great option too. But why no power bump for so may years?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:14 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
Originally Posted by willow

Because they've been spending all their time and money building the completely redesigned engine for 2012
Old 10-12-2010, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by willow
Because jumping the power above 300hp would cause insurance rates to skyrocket on the car driving sales down. It would also put them in competition with other more powerful sports cars that they don't want to compete with. Among other things.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:45 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
Where are you guys getting all this information for the new motor? Any details, links? I'm quite curious as to what's in store.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:54 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by Amandyke
Forget the 2011, wait for the revised motor in 2012. Shalom timing belt, Shalom timing chain!
says who? no legit link = bull
Old 10-12-2010, 02:54 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
The new 2.5l is actually coming out in the 2011 Forester first. Pretty exciting considering the same 2.5l has been used since 1989.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
Yeah, that was the only info I could dig up. Seems as though they're saving all the new toys and gadgets for the high end models of 2012+?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010...-boxer-engine/

Beyond that... just have to wait I guess.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:24 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/09/29...engine-claims/

A bit more.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I should probably mention that I am looking at the EVO X in 5 speed, not the MR or any fancy shmancy package... I'd like a GSR due to the creature comforts, but I really don't want an MR because I'd rather have the 5 speed tranny since it's supposedly much stronger (like our 6 speed vs our 5 speed). The EVO X is a 2008, right? Are there major differences between the EVO X and the EVO XI and XII? Anything I should be aware of?

As much as I love subies, I just can't find love for the new ones... The 07 was the last year I REALLY loved, but after that, I dunno, all the cars have just become soft which normally would be fine since I'm getting older and should want the softness, but I don't... I want precision! I want a machine that is like a high end Swiss watch... PRECISE and on the dot! After driving my friends EVO 8 for a few days, I went back to my Subie and felt like I was driving a Buick! BLEH!

I'm a handling *****! The handling of a car is more important to me than power is, hands down and by far. You can always make a car faster, especially an EVO. You can make an EVO REALLY quick with very minimal mods which makes me want an EVO even more! Just imagine an EVO X with swaybars, springs, some basic exhaust, and a tune! (not to mention bushings, and parts of that sort), you have a machine that will pretty much pwn all other cars on the road, especially in handling and even in power. Man, I want an EVO soooo badly!

What good is a butt-ton of power when you can't handle it around corners? If I wanted a car like that, I'd get some old muscle car with some HUGE engine, but I don't care about straight line speed, I really don't... I care about having enough power to make your car power through an cornering situation that is thrown at the car. The car is very sharp... That's the best way I can describe the car... Very sharp indeed! I have an 07 STi with some suspension mods, a tune, and other minimal mods and when comparing it to a STOCK EVO X, the EVO is faster than my car in the corners because of how sharp and percise it is. It's VERY easy to drive, not only is it easy to drive but it's very forgiving thanks to the YAW control (or balance, or whatever it is that makes the car so forgiving)... You can push and push, but the car will keep you on the road and when the car gets completely sideways, it's very easy to flick it back and straighten it out.

If the EVO was available back in 1999-2000, it would have been my first performance car (I had a Honduh Accord before that). I had the money and could have bought one, but sadly the 99-00's were sad years for cars... Even if you wanted a kick *** car like an EVO or STi, you couldn't because they weren't available. The reason I jumped onto the Subaru boat is because the 2.5RS was available back in 99. I know it's not the fastest car in the world, but I wanted one so badly, and with some handling mods, I was doing some amazing times at the track.... It was very easy to drive, reliable, and fairly quick for the time. If there would have been a WRX and EVO option on the market, I wouldn't haven't of even looked at the Subaru's, I'd have gone straight to the EVO and bought one.

Don't think I'm a Subaru hater, I'm not... I think my car is GREAT and it does almost everything I need it to do, but the EVO is just more oriented towards my kind of driving and I'd prefer an EVO over an STi, hands down.

I'd def miss the BAIC community, but I don't see why I'd have to leave just because I owned a non-subie... I'd probably put a few i-club stickers on the car so other subaru enthusiasts could recognize that I wasn't the enemy.

Quick Reply: I want to sell my 07 STi and buy an EVO-X+