A HUGE Dually truck tried to race me last night... (Moron)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by willow
Everyone has different taste. Our modified cars are not exactly enviromentaly freindly either, unless you have at least a highflow cat and drive slow. When I tell people I like to modify subaru, many think it is odd to modify a subaru. Not really known as real sport-car company to the general public. And that is exactly why I like Subaru. It is or was somewhat of underdog.
And overall, Subaru owners are much more mature (especially in real life) then most other car owners... I don't know why that is, its just like we're a different genre then other people... It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you guys know what Im talking about
Old 12-12-2008, 03:30 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Geez I hate these trucks. They always ride my *** on the freeway
do what I do...

Brake check!!!!!

I did it to one retard that was riding my ***, and he crossed a lane and almost lost it into the wall, I drove off laughing so hard.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:49 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Originally Posted by Overbear
do what I do...

Brake check!!!!!

I did it to one retard that was riding my ***, and he crossed a lane and almost lost it into the wall, I drove off laughing so hard.
Just remember that if they don't stop, it's an 8000 pound bumper that when you're sitting in a Subie is just about exactly face high.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:55 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Racenut
Just remember that if they don't stop, it's an 8000 pound bumper that when you're sitting in a Subie is just about exactly face high.
let them hit me from the back, I was "braking for something I saw in the road trying not to hit it" and they get to buy me a brand new subie...

Being tailgated is one of my huge no no's. Ok its fine when its a friend or some of the subie guys ****ing around, but some asshat just climbs on my *** and rides...damn it I want a kiss and a reach around too!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:24 PM

Of course tailgating is a no no. But brake checking a truck that weighs more than double what you do is pretty crazy. Friend of mine had someone pull out in front of him in his truck in a honda accord. He end up ON TOP of the car.

Think things through...
Old 12-13-2008, 06:59 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 08
Originally Posted by brucelee
And overall, Subaru owners are much more mature (especially in real life) then most other car owners... I don't know why that is, its just like we're a different genre then other people... It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you guys know what Im talking about
thats not true. maybe with this little community yes, but not true at all. You get annoyed cuz some guy has a diesel truck that can waste alot of our cars. im sure other people get annoyed by subarus and constant farting sound and a blow off valve going off in every gear.

just as much as you stereotype the srt4's and trucks to being some type of idiots, they probably do the same thing. Cuz there are retards out there with subarus trying to prove a point and are just as annoying on the road as that srt4 or diesel truck.

i think its ridicilous how much people stereotype and label other drivers simply because of a car/truck they own.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:20 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
Originally Posted by thaSicness
....i think its ridicilous how much people stereotype and label other drivers simply because of a car/truck they own.
touche
Old 12-13-2008, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by thaSicness
thats not true. maybe with this little community yes, but not true at all. You get annoyed cuz some guy has a diesel truck that can waste alot of our cars. im sure other people get annoyed by subarus and constant farting sound and a blow off valve going off in every gear.

just as much as you stereotype the srt4's and trucks to being some type of idiots, they probably do the same thing. Cuz there are retards out there with subarus trying to prove a point and are just as annoying on the road as that srt4 or diesel truck.

i think its ridicilous how much people stereotype and label other drivers simply because of a car/truck they own.

1. Our community is much nicer then most other car communities, even though we're not perfect, we're still better in most regards... This place evolved from an uber friendly message board which is why we're still mostly friendly today.

2. That Dually might have been fast, but it wasn't THAT fast, I could have pwn3d it in my almost stock STi (Prolly like whp more then stock). All I meant was that his truck was fast for what it was... I would have raped him if I didn't have people, especially my family in my car... Its too bad I can't shoot nasty smoke out when I want the car to... Like a smoke screen!

3. Not stereotyping everyone, just pointing out that the younger crowd that I have encountered are always bragging about how fast their trucks are and how badly they can smoke *insert car here*... Hell, the truck that I encountered was friggin LOWERED! How are you going to lower a truck like that? I am grouping a rather large community of truck owners, but its def not all of them, not even close... I speak from personal experience from encountering these guys in their trucks.

4. If they want to race people, go to a race track and smoke them out with your nasty diesel. You have any idea how dangerous it is to crash an 8,000 lbs truck? Just think of the destruction that would cause... Compared to that thing my car is like a pillow on wheels. Thats like racing a small tank around! F' that.

No idea why people are sympathizing with these morons... I based my statement of personal experience, anywhere from talking with people that own them, to people that drive like total jack asses in them, that whom I was generalizing.

PS: Would you rather get hit by a Honda Civic at 40mph, or a dually truck that weighs 8,000lbs? I'd much rather take the civic... I guess part of the reason it bugs me so much is because of the potential danger that they present when they decide to put the pedal to the metal. Take it to a damn race track!
Old 12-14-2008, 12:47 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
hopefully it wasn't either of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDJBM9qLRNo

nevermind you said dually...but these are still some badass trucks...
Old 12-14-2008, 02:00 PM

Car Info: Fast
I know how it is dude. I have tried to black out my car as much as possible to avoid attention, but every asshat in town still wants to rice...I mean race me.

I have learned to accept that having a fast car means you get revved at and challenged fairly often. (edit: and pulled over!)
Old 12-14-2008, 02:18 PM

Car Info: WRX 2003
when i first saw this i thought maybe it was my friend who has an F350 daulie turbodiesel except its ridiculous tall. he told me he raced an sti and was beating it until 3rd gear. i wish subaru would sell a diesel sti.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by bradze
i wish subaru would sell a diesel sti.
I thought they were going to build a TD Legacy, haven't heard anything recently though.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:07 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Oh dude!!! I saw the sickest dually tonight!!!

And thank god I have my phone!

Name:  DSC01148.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  DSC01149.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  65.1 KB

Dude it was Baller

[/sarcasm]
Old 12-15-2008, 11:19 AM

I got confused when I saw the first pic of that ugly thing...

Man, that thing has the most ill fitting hood ever, its awful!