HP Touchpad 16gb $99

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:33 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
I'm still looking for one. Let me know if you guys have extras or when the next release is. Tia!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:41 PM

Car Info: evo8
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Don't know if it's a repost, but I saw this the other day:

HP TouchPad: Up To 200,000 More At $99 In Late October
looks like this is going to be a possibility,site now says coming soon.tho it also still says out of stock at the same time
Old 09-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by evo_dadi
looks like this is going to be a possibility,site now says coming soon.tho it also still says out of stock at the same time
also from that article..

Although those are the expected prices for the re-release in October, it is by no means a done deal as HP may very well raise the prices the second time around.
So yes more are coming, but it does not mean they will still be $99-$149. For sure the ones that are already sold will be honored at the price, but the remainder of the 200K units, I doubt it

BTW, i tought my order at Neobits was still on hold but I checked and it looks like they refunded me on the 1st, funny they never sent me an email like everyone else.
Meh, im cool with my android

Last edited by Krinkov; 09-17-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
also from that article..

So yes more are coming, but it does not mean they will still be $99-$149. For sure the ones that are already sold will be honored at the price, but the remainder of the 200K units, I doubt it

BTW, i tought my order at Neobits was still on hold but I checked and it looks like they refunded me on the 1st, funny they never sent me an email like everyone else.
Meh, im cool with my android
will see they already agreed to refund ppl who payed orig price doubt their las shipment will be marked up
Old 09-18-2011, 08:11 AM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
Damn you HP for giving me tablet fever. I caved and bought an iPad 2 yesterday. I will definitely still try to pick one of these up if they become available next month.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
will see they already agreed to refund ppl who payed orig price doubt their las shipment will be marked up
why wouldnt they raise the prices this time around?

Its all about supply/demand. Have you looked at ebay? They have 30+ bids going for the 16g tablets and they are selling for $250+..... so if HP sees this and saw how fast they went for $99, why not raise it to at least $199... ppl will still pay it.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:24 AM

Car Info: '08 FXT - VF43'd
Was able to just place a new order through CDW for 2 x 16GB Touchpads. Came out to $245 and change, which included ground shipping, CA tax, and recycling fee.

I had originally placed an order through CDW the Monday after the fire sale, but got a cancellation email shortly after. They followed over a week ago to say that they would fulfill my cancelled order. Finally got a call this morning to place it. Should have it by the 2nd of the week.

Now gotta figure out if this will supplement my iPad 2 or selling the iPad 2 on Craigslist.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:40 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by Dong Homez
Damn you HP for giving me tablet fever. I caved and bought an iPad 2 yesterday. I will definitely still try to pick one of these up if they become available next month.
hahahahaha I did the same thing last week. What made me really cave for the iPad 2 was the iOS update coming soon. Going to be pretty sick
Old 09-19-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
why wouldnt they raise the prices this time around?

Its all about supply/demand. Have you looked at ebay? They have 30+ bids going for the 16g tablets and they are selling for $250+..... so if HP sees this and saw how fast they went for $99, why not raise it to at least $199... ppl will still pay it.
If that is the case then why did HP agree to credit original buyers who payed 500-600, when they already had the money? Apparently it's also about not pissing off customers too. Also why Apple did same thing with original iphone.

1)HP sells tablet for 600 bucks-
2)HP sells tablet for 99 bucks sells out/HP says they will credit people who payed orig price
3)HP sold out awaiting final shipment, last production that was already planned.
4) HP raises the price? for the last bit of units?? I'll wager you a 32gb that they won't
Old 09-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by $hane
Why do you think I gave him a week? He would just continue to **** with it. He just wants to see if it can be done. When you work from home most of the time and you write a program that makes it look like your working you have a lot of free time on your hands.
Ha! You write automation scripts too? It's funny running 20 computers at once and having 10 hours of free time while they do the work for you.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by lickwid
Was able to just place a new order through CDW for 2 x 16GB Touchpads. Came out to $245 and change, which included ground shipping, CA tax, and recycling fee.

I had originally placed an order through CDW the Monday after the fire sale, but got a cancellation email shortly after. They followed over a week ago to say that they would fulfill my cancelled order. Finally got a call this morning to place it. Should have it by the 2nd of the week.

Now gotta figure out if this will supplement my iPad 2 or selling the iPad 2 on Craigslist.
sell me one?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Car Info: 90 325is
Originally Posted by brucelee
Ha! You write automation scripts too? It's funny running 20 computers at once and having 10 hours of free time while they do the work for you.
No, my friend does. He got his job the old fashioned way. "hey you broke into our network and stole thousands of dollars, come work for us and we'll drop the charges." He's been there long enough now i think theyre afraid to let him go because he knows their systems to well.

i know enough about script and general interwebz stuff to get myself in a lot of trouble but not enough to cover my tracks.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by $hane
No, my friend does. He got his job the old fashioned way. "hey you broke into our network and stole thousands of dollars, come work for us and we'll drop the charges." He's been there long enough now i think theyre afraid to let him go because he knows their systems to well.

i know enough about script and general interwebz stuff to get myself in a lot of trouble but not enough to cover my tracks.
i love how hackz0rs get jobs
Old 10-10-2011, 11:49 AM
jic

Car Info: 98 2.5rs/94 rx7/04 mazda6/06 audi s4/12 GT-R
just an update for anyone who is in the area.

at 1pm today (which is in 1 hour from now) the hp palm store at maude ave in sunnyvale. wil be selling the 32 gb touchpads for 150 plus taxes and fees.

employess had their shot at them and I saw there was a lot of them left for the 1pm public release.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:00 PM

Car Info: GR.SEDAN
Originally Posted by jic
just an update for anyone who is in the area.

at 1pm today (which is in 1 hour from now) the hp palm store at maude ave in sunnyvale. wil be selling the 32 gb touchpads for 150 plus taxes and fees.

employess had their shot at them and I saw there was a lot of them left for the 1pm public release.
Buy me one? $50 finders fee in it for you! Lol

Quick Reply: HP Touchpad 16gb $99