HKS USA is shutting down

Old 04-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Yeah HKS made great stuff, especially their turbos. Was kinda crappy when they decided to have BCE make their Hypermax coilovers but then again all the big companies were using them 8-9 years ago (I'm lookin at you Greddy and Apexi!)

and ya you can buy cheap ebay chinese knockoffs of every decent companies stuff on ebay nowadays, how is that supposed to make HKS or any other company that gets ripped off any worse?
Old 04-29-2011, 12:53 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by aboothman
Why you gotta be a hater? They used to be great, but there are a lot of newer companies selling parts just as good for less. More specifically, American companies...and yes, those selling Chinese knockoff parts :|
Would those be "American Companies" or Companies that sell parts that are "Made in America"?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:46 PM

Car Info: Fast
how about companies where the majority of the money is fed back into the American economy
Old 04-29-2011, 01:50 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Bouncer
I think this is more significant to older tuners.. HKS is one of the most important import performance companies ever to come to the US.

And they've had a presence here since the 80's.
HKS parts are expensive - but you are paying quality.. They earned the right to be pricey.. Probably before a lot of you kids on here were born..
Hmmmm I guess so. I see that you get it and I guess that is why you and I think its a big deal
Why you gotta be a hater?
Get em adam!
Originally Posted by Krinkov
Yeah HKS made great stuff, especially their turbos. Was kinda crappy when they decided to have BCE make their Hypermax coilovers but then again all the big companies were using them 8-9 years ago (I'm lookin at you Greddy and Apexi!)

and ya you can buy cheap ebay chinese knockoffs of every decent companies stuff on ebay nowadays, how is that supposed to make HKS or any other company that gets ripped off any worse?
Greddy & Apexi filed for bankruptcy a while ago too. Not looking good for our hobby.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
how about companies where the majority of the money is fed back into the American economy
But HKS had a ware house here and employed quite a few people. They were right down the street from my work.