Halfmoon Bay - December weather?

Old 09-26-2011, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Thanks Heed and slugrx for the ideas!! I'll be busy researching tonight hahaha!

I like the b&b that you linked to, slugrx. LOL at you going to town hahaha! I like that mentality!

However, I think I prefer to stay closer to Monterey if I do in Dec, just to limit the driving in the rain.

Part of me wants to go all out and book at Casa Palmero......we shall see what I decide to do after a few more hours of research haha!
Old 09-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Santa barbara!!! lol
Old 09-26-2011, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
my gf really wants to go to SLO/pismo really badly (for shopping apparently) so thats where i think im going next haha
Old 09-26-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Heedz
Santa barbara!!! lol
The gf, her mom, and her bro will be heading to socal the week after this trip that I'm planning, so I doubt she'd want to go back and forth. I will consider it though if I go crazy and plan it with the LA Auto Show......
Old 09-26-2011, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by zergling
The gf, her mom, and her bro will be heading to socal the week after this trip that I'm planning, so I doubt she'd want to go back and forth. I will consider it though if I go crazy and plan it with the LA Auto Show......
You wanna stay coastal?
Old 09-26-2011, 01:00 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Monterey weather is horrible and unpredictable. This morning it was raining and now it's bright and sunny. The other day it was around 70 degrees and we drove 5 minutes towards Pebble Beach and there was so much fog I couldn't see 15ft in front of he car.

But I have to admit it is a great tourist spot with Cannary Row, Pebble Beach and the Wharf. 17 Mile Drive is also fun to check out. Of course the aquarium is the biggest spot people come to. Adventures by the Sea has kayaking, paddle boarding and those weird 4 people bike things.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:07 PM

You wanna stay coastal?
At the moment, yes. A view of the sunset is my main target. If it takes me away from the coast, I'm all ears

The unpredictable weather is why Monterey is at the top of my list at the moment -- at the very least there's multiple things for us to check out, as Jodice brought up.

Thanks for chiming in too, Jodice! Is december typically rain all day everyday? That would dampen my plans...... getit? lol.

Originally Posted by Jodice112
Monterey weather is horrible and unpredictable. This morning it was raining and now it's bright and sunny. The other day it was around 70 degrees and we drove 5 minutes towards Pebble Beach and there was so much fog I couldn't see 15ft in front of he car.

But I have to admit it is a great tourist spot with Cannary Row, Pebble Beach and the Wharf. 17 Mile Drive is also fun to check out. Of course the aquarium is the biggest spot people come to. Adventures by the Sea has kayaking, paddle boarding and those weird 4 people bike things.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:14 PM

LOL yes it may make YOU wet not the gf....

Cause you're holding her umbrella right? haha
Old 09-26-2011, 01:27 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
HMB is pretty much overcast for the majority of the year, December is no different Monterey at least has a lot more stuff to do, but it is still hard to say in December. We had a mild summer so that could either mean a light winter or a bad one.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
HMB is pretty much overcast for the majority of the year, December is no different Monterey at least has a lot more stuff to do, but it is still hard to say in December. We had a mild summer so that could either mean a light winter or a bad one.
True. We had countable days of full sunniness on the coast this summer so...
Old 09-26-2011, 01:29 PM

Heedz. She holds the umbrella to keep ME dry! I'm the bawz, ya know??!!! LOL

We'll see. This kind of trip should be done summer/spring, but I'm trying to force it to December. Sigh.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:32 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
True. We had countable days of full sunniness on the coast this summer so...
I was in HMB a couple of weeks ago and it was still drizzle at noon. The good thing about HMB though, is if the weather is nice, 5 min north or south will be sunny. Drizzle in HMB but went to Pescadero beach shortly after.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:36 PM

I was in HMB a couple of weeks ago and it was still drizzle at noon. The good thing about HMB though, is if the weather is nice, 5 min north or south will be sunny. Drizzle in HMB but went to Pescadero beach shortly after.
Yeah even today fully sunny, its 15 degrees different from san mateo when it registered on my car thermo
Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 PM

This is what's going on in my head too. If it's going to wet, then well, it's going to be wet. If I'm going to luck out, then great!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:56 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Originally Posted by zergling
At the moment, yes. A view of the sunset is my main target. If it takes me away from the coast, I'm all ears

The unpredictable weather is why Monterey is at the top of my list at the moment -- at the very least there's multiple things for us to check out, as Jodice brought up.

Thanks for chiming in too, Jodice! Is december typically rain all day everyday? That would dampen my plans...... getit? lol.
No it doesn't rain a lot here, but it is overcast and does drizzle quiet a bit. We get some sunshine once in a while but it's never hot due to the cold ocean breeze.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Halfmoon Bay - December weather?