Hahaha! To my fellow old school peeps who used to street race back in the late 90's

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by SkizzDawg
Im older but i still don't remember when a 14 was "fast", quick maybe. My POS dodge neon hit high 14s with just an iceman a phantom grip and full interior, after some of bolt-on's and a little weight loss i was in the 13s on street tires. The talk was always 13s and faster as fast for a 4 banger N/A Street car that was daily driven. When our N/A team cars hit 11s then 10s, i remember thinking that's crazy fast for a FWD all motor. Things sounded like street bikes when they went down the track.
10s is still stupid quick for an na 4. Before I pulled the civic apart it was down there. Probably low 13. Never ran it after the adjustments. Got to 14.2 before the head work. Still have a cam for it lol!

Hmmmm. Port/ polish throttle body. Full head work up. The entire aem catalog. Exety clutch. Lightened fly wheel. short shifter
Cam. Dc headers. No cats. Ctr head light. Grr control arms and front sway bar. Controltech rear sway and tie bar. Progress danger plates. Zeal b6 coil overs. Etc etc. Lol! I just finished working on a deal for hammerhead cf hoods. Was having a spoon striker built by aj racing and a rhd out of a ctr ready to go... this was like in 01.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:10 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
I still have one of my neons, fully built balance n blue printed motor, eagle rods, weisco pistons, knife edge crank, moroso pan, crower custom grind cams, crane ti valve springs and retainers, pnp head, custom intake manifold, race header, konis, mounts sustech bars the list goes on and on lol. she will be gone in a 3 weeks on to a new home. she was and is a total sleeper no bling nothing rice even stock looking muffler.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
my dad tells me how hella cars would be lined up in el camino real up in Santa Clara and than race later on. Mustve been fun times :\
Yeah, El Camino in both San Mateo and Santa Clara used to be cruising spots. Lot's of makes of cars beaters, sleepers, show, you name it. I'm old.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:04 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by SkizzDawg
I still have one of my neons, fully built balance n blue printed motor, eagle rods, weisco pistons, knife edge crank, moroso pan, crower custom grind cams, crane ti valve springs and retainers, pnp head, custom intake manifold, race header, konis, mounts sustech bars the list goes on and on lol. she will be gone in a 3 weeks on to a new home. she was and is a total sleeper no bling nothing rice even stock looking muffler.
Same here. No rice no where.