Hahaha! To my fellow old school peeps who used to street race back in the late 90's

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Want to steal my car?
I get stabby!

Car Info: 05 Wrx Impreza
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
Man I was born 86.... All I do is remember watching the races with my neighbor who had a Ford SHO.... Hahaha used to race that lol .... Ahhh the 90s.... When AEM intakes where te sheet and dc headers lol ... Neon lights lol all that good stuff... Btw B20z block with type R head plus turbo must have been a beast back then.... Lol
AEM came a lil later. We had the short RAM Akimoto and Iceman cold air intakes or we just made our own with a rubber band and pantyhose lol
Old 06-21-2011, 10:04 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
my dad tells me how hella cars would be lined up in el camino real up in Santa Clara and than race later on. Mustve been fun times :\
Old 06-21-2011, 10:15 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB wagon / 2006 Red Toyota Tacoma
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Ringwood son!
Monatgue 500, where all just go round and round.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Want to steal my car?
I get stabby!

Car Info: 05 Wrx Impreza
Back in the late 70's Fremont had "Baylands drag strip" out where Pacific Commons and auto mall on Christy st. is but closed due to lack of funds turned into a dirt track but closed shortly after in 88...imagine if they re-built it how much cash that would bring in. There still ain't crap out there. Google earth it. You can still make it out where "Cisco field" is.

Last edited by Manny408; 06-21-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:29 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STi, 1997 Eclipse GST(SOLD)
daaayum and Im 30 still looking at forums...

Oh I miss my weapon R intake on my eclipse!LOL

You can never go past Montague 500 without getting reved on...Everyone was soo hardcore with their fartcans!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:32 AM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
im a little young for this thread. When i was going to the runs in was clawitter , domino's , 7th street , great highway , 3 com park , skyline. This was 2005-2007/8-ish.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:31 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by johndabrit
i always thought it was funny how they were calling a 13 second car "SO FAST"
Back then, anything that ran 14's or better was considered "fast".
Old 06-23-2011, 12:58 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi 2012 STi
Originally Posted by Manny408
AEM came a lil later. We had the short RAM Akimoto and Iceman cold air intakes or we just made our own with a rubber band and pantyhose lol
or lightspeed intakes that weighed a TON!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi 2012 STi
Originally Posted by Lurk
Back then, anything that ran 14's or better was considered "fast".
i was thinking the first time i saw a honda hit 13s at BOTI... and 15.2 was considered fast! momentous occasions!!!! yes im old!!! but i take comfort knowing so many others here are too
Old 06-23-2011, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Ringwood son!
dude doing the race between the integra and white hatch at the beginning kind of looks like you hah
Old 06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by blacktraxgirl
i was thinking the first time i saw a honda hit 13s at BOTI... and 15.2 was considered fast! momentous occasions!!!! yes im old!!! but i take comfort knowing so many others here are too
Yeah. I remember putting down a 14.7 in my civic and thinking I was king of the world. That's still pretty quick considering I was running all motor D15y8. NO VTEC! lol. Got it down some after that then tore it apart and sold it. Stupid newark pd rung me up for 100 plus in a 35 and enough other violations to literally fill up 3 tickets front and back. 3 police cars had me stopped on the side of paseo padre for like an hour. Bunch of BS too. I didn't do it.

Man those days were crazy. I remember some EPIC runs and runnings. LOL.

I remember one time coming back from bernal with my 2 friends. My buddy had a b18c5 hatch and the police pulled in front of me and one of my friend right in behind the hatch. I didn't want him getting popped so I dropped the hammer and passed them all. Officer tried to catch me but I was off the highway and lost in the business district before he had a chance. Took me like 3 turns off the highway before he was gone. Buddy rode home trouble free.

Yes I'm admitting to being a stupid kid and breaking the law but the statute of limitations is up and I've grown up a lot in 12 years. LOL!

I remember the big Milpitas bust. I was out there with the guys from Race and Rock. Had a weird feeling something was off so I parked my car off the side and hung out on foot. As I was walking around I saw several unmarked SUV's, Cars and a couple semi-truck car haulers. Told a few people about it. I was standing at the line and I looked in a saturn and there were two cops in uniform sitting in it. I yelled it out and ran. I sprinted to my car. Got it moved. Moved a couple trash cans out of the way. Drove my car in behind them. Pushed the trash cans back.... one of those covered industrial deals. Sat there while the helicopter circled and all the cars got towed. Left a couple hours later. LOL. Think they wrote like 400 tickets and towed like 200 cars.

Was pretty much the end of it right there.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
thats freaking crazy lol
Old 06-23-2011, 06:54 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Yeah. I remember putting down a 14.7 in my civic and thinking I was king of the world. That's still pretty quick considering I was running all motor D15y8. NO VTEC! lol. Got it down some after that then tore it apart and sold it. Stupid newark pd rung me up for 100 plus in a 35 and enough other violations to literally fill up 3 tickets front and back. 3 police cars had me stopped on the side of paseo padre for like an hour. Bunch of BS too. I didn't do it.

Man those days were crazy. I remember some EPIC runs and runnings. LOL.

I remember one time coming back from bernal with my 2 friends. My buddy had a b18c5 hatch and the police pulled in front of me and one of my friend right in behind the hatch. I didn't want him getting popped so I dropped the hammer and passed them all. Officer tried to catch me but I was off the highway and lost in the business district before he had a chance. Took me like 3 turns off the highway before he was gone. Buddy rode home trouble free.

Yes I'm admitting to being a stupid kid and breaking the law but the statute of limitations is up and I've grown up a lot in 12 years. LOL!

I remember the big Milpitas bust. I was out there with the guys from Race and Rock. Had a weird feeling something was off so I parked my car off the side and hung out on foot. As I was walking around I saw several unmarked SUV's, Cars and a couple semi-truck car haulers. Told a few people about it. I was standing at the line and I looked in a saturn and there were two cops in uniform sitting in it. I yelled it out and ran. I sprinted to my car. Got it moved. Moved a couple trash cans out of the way. Drove my car in behind them. Pushed the trash cans back.... one of those covered industrial deals. Sat there while the helicopter circled and all the cars got towed. Left a couple hours later. LOL. Think they wrote like 400 tickets and towed like 200 cars.

Was pretty much the end of it right there.
I remember that night, I was glad I chose not to go with my shop. one owner got towed (He didn't hide his nos line and his eng bay was nothing close to stock looking funny thing he didn't have a bottle in the car) along with some customers cars, the other owner got a ticket for being there but was able to drive away(funny thing is his car had nos too but we did a good job of hiding the lines and plumbing the direct port on the underside of the intake mani out of sight and putting the tank inside of his speaker box and running the line tied to the power wire that ran to the amp rack. total sleeper integra that was "all motor" BS!!)
ANyone remember the Yellow Type R part of SVP (that was a beast built by DNR)? Fastest true all motor Type R around back then.

the late 80s early 90s were to me the best street racing days, rocking a 240z with a but a fully built motor and track suspension but a crap paint job and some stock wheels.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:10 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Im older but i still don't remember when a 14 was "fast", quick maybe. My POS dodge neon hit high 14s with just an iceman a phantom grip and full interior, after some of bolt-on's and a little weight loss i was in the 13s on street tires. The talk was always 13s and faster as fast for a 4 banger N/A Street car that was daily driven. When our N/A team cars hit 11s then 10s, i remember thinking that's crazy fast for a FWD all motor. Things sounded like street bikes when they went down the track.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I remember that yellow teg. I was there when he finished a run and PD shut down both ends. Tran drove that car most of the time. I think I know that nos system you're talking about too.

Quick Reply: Hahaha! To my fellow old school peeps who used to street race back in the late 90's