Gran Turismo 5

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I started a GT5 thread over a year ago thinking that it would be coming out sometime soon since it was due for realease in 1997 (or so it seems). I bought my PS3 and TV just for GT5 and it STILL hasn't been released... Ive had the PS3 and TV for almost 2 years now to give you some perspective. I really can't believe how long they have delayed this game for, it really better be the best damn game in the history of time or there are going to be RIOTS. It will be worse than Rodney King! There are so many people in the same boat as me, just waiting for it to come out... Bought a PS3 JUST for this game, hell, I even bought a TV just for this game and its still not out!!!

So, they are going to have the Top Gear test track in the game? Very nice! I heard the cars are going to be the most realistic to date (vs any other driving sim ever made) which is exciting! The tracks are also supposed to be really great, and judging from the graphics from the GT5 prologue, it will have some awesome graphics and realistic game play.

I just hope they don't make it so difficult that it takes the fun out of playing... Like in GT1 where getting gold for all the lic tests is practically impossible (Maybe it was GT2? Maybe GT3? I get them all confused). I want the game to be challenging but it sucks when they make a game that is so hard/difficult that you can't even enjoy playing it.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:41 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
it has 3D i think
Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
it has 3D i think
It's all good unless there are fat chicks in the game, then it's all bad all of the sudden.

PS: My "K" key on my keyboard is sort of broken so I have to press it REALLY hard in order for it to register and it's annoying the HELL out of me. Stupid "K"! At least it isn't a common letter like "E" or something.

I never noticed how seldomly I use the letter "K"... It's sort of like the bastard child letter that no one likes or ever uses. Sort of like "rescuer".
Old 08-12-2010, 02:51 PM

Car Info: 2004 2.5 RS
Originally Posted by brucelee
I started a GT5 thread over a year ago thinking that it would be coming out sometime soon since it was due for realease in 1997 (or so it seems). I bought my PS3 and TV just for GT5 and it STILL hasn't been released... Ive had the PS3 and TV for almost 2 years now to give you some perspective. I really can't believe how long they have delayed this game for, it really better be the best damn game in the history of time or there are going to be RIOTS. It will be worse than Rodney King! There are so many people in the same boat as me, just waiting for it to come out... Bought a PS3 JUST for this game, hell, I even bought a TV just for this game and its still not out!!!

So, they are going to have the Top Gear test track in the game? Very nice! I heard the cars are going to be the most realistic to date (vs any other driving sim ever made) which is exciting! The tracks are also supposed to be really great, and judging from the graphics from the GT5 prologue, it will have some awesome graphics and realistic game play.

I just hope they don't make it so difficult that it takes the fun out of playing... Like in GT1 where getting gold for all the lic tests is practically impossible (Maybe it was GT2? Maybe GT3? I get them all confused). I want the game to be challenging but it sucks when they make a game that is so hard/difficult that you can't even enjoy playing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxfNb4d3bPY
Old 08-12-2010, 03:03 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Vince25RS
circa 2005
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/71380...mo_080805.html
Old 08-12-2010, 03:10 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
it has 3d i think
5D actually
Old 08-12-2010, 03:30 PM

That vid wont load.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
-3D
-Top gear test track
-track creation that can be shared with other players
-gokarting
-stunt arena

can't wait!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:26 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Too bad the Top Gear test track is an airport Doesn't Top Gear have enough money by now to make a dedicated track?

Stunt area like 2 wheeled ramp circus car stunts or jumps? where do you get this information!? Ive always wanted to crash a Gran Turismo car on something more than the oval test course.

at least we can see the buttons that we cant press on the interior view

nevertheless i will die before...i mean be thrilled once it comes out!

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 08-12-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
That vid wont load.
Hopefully this works... It's the trailer i never stop watching (GT5 has damage WOOT WOOT finally no more rubber bumper cars...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXh25i7_3Is
Old 08-12-2010, 10:56 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Hopefully this works... It's the trailer i never stop watching (GT5 has damage WOOT WOOT finally no more rubber bumper cars...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXh25i7_3Is
i had a tiny orgasm watching that trailer. i thinmk they have spent way to ****ing long perfecting the game. we should be anticipating GT6 by now, lousy bastards.

but i am totally stoked. i love how in the trailer it shows the subaru beating the evo, and it shows the evo crashing...
Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
i had a tiny orgasm watching that trailer. i thinmk they have spent way to ****ing long perfecting the game. we should be anticipating GT6 by now, lousy bastards.

but i am totally stoked. i love how in the trailer it shows the subaru beating the evo, and it shows the evo crashing...
That trailer is so much full of WIN!!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:01 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Just spent $200 preordering two Collector's Editions. Or, actually less with my employee discount
Old 08-13-2010, 10:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Did you trade wheels at least

YEAH same thing for me. I had to set up the PS3 on the computer monitor.

I have a digital out for the sound though

sweet! but i cant afford it
Nope. but I was done playing GT4 so it was fine.

Yea the monitor has HDMI, but I'm analog out to crappy computer speakers. But if I want, I'll use my Tritton 5.1 headphones on optical out and tear **** up that way.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:32 AM

Car Info: for the Car Acrobatic Team
I can't wait for this to come out!

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5