Got a state ref. ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 01:28 AM

yeah, some cops are real dumb, i have friends that are cops though, and i play airsoft with some, they usually can't right off stuff unless it's just a little fix it ticket or something like that.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:00 AM

Car Info: 2004 Black WRX -- RIP
Originally Posted by Lurk
Got a ticket last night, I was pulled over 1 block from my friend's house by a cop. The cop said I did a rolling stop, then another cop showed up a minute later and asked me to pop the hood. He said that my exhaust was probable cause to ask me to show them what I had under the hood. I ALMOST got a "removed catalytic converter" ticket, but good thing I have an STi catless uppipe, because I said, I have a cat and pointed to the uppipe which still looked stock. The cop was a complete moron though, he almost gave me another citation for "modified ignition" until I pointed out that was an HID ballast. :rollseyes: Anyways, I dont feel like removing all my mods and taking it to the state ref. So can I just pay the bail and be done with it? Thanks.

If you just pay the fine you let them win. It's easier yea but think about it in the long run. The more of this **** get's dismissed the less it gets written.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:58 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
What part of Anitoch?
Old 09-04-2004, 06:51 AM

Car Info: Red 04 WRX Wagon
It seems

Originally Posted by icantdrive75
If you just pay the fine you let them win. It's easier yea but think about it in the long run. The more of this **** get's dismissed the less it gets written.
It seems like cops like targets of opportunity to generate fine money for their local town.

Its like they aren't even concerned about crime and more concerned about writing "fix it tickets, or what evere they call them" to generate $$$
Old 09-04-2004, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
Originally Posted by razorlab
How do you "point to the upipe"? I can't even see that shiat unless I almost climb into the engine bay.
you just point in your engine bay and say... hey thers my cat, and the stupid cop goes ok
Old 09-04-2004, 02:23 PM

www.ticketassassin.com
Old 09-04-2004, 02:30 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DB8GSR
dood... sorry to hear that. What part of Antioch was this on?

About 3 weeks ago I got pulled over in Concord coming out the garage from work and a lady cop on a motorcycle was just coming out from the Police station. I was at a stop light making a left when she spotted me for not having front plates and the rest was history. Was asked to pop the hood, wrote me up for my intake and exhaust for emissions, and I had to go to see the referee as well.

Now I'm trying to clear the ticket because it's already been signed off, well guess what. It's not even on their database and have a court date on the 13th. Come to find out that their so far behind on from previous tickets. I just hope the court date gets extended automatically.
Dude, that sucks. My friend got pulled over for the STOCK WING on his EVO. Retarded cop said it was obstructing his view and refused to believe it was stock. Haha. But yeah, this happened near Hillcrest in Antioch, by the newer homes. The cops there must have nothing else better to do, because there were like 4 cop cars showed up after I got pulled over.