Get drunk drinks

Old 01-08-2014, 12:25 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
soju ftw.. lite version of vodka and no need for chasers. IF things get boring, you can add fruit juice and mix it into cocktails. I can drink bottles of it without even noticing. It gives a clean drunkenness, and hangover can be taken care of with a bowl of pho!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:26 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Liquid cocaine, AMF, and then I'm probably drunk.

But if it's girly Korean soju drinks, I can drink that **** all night!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:59 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
hey sojus arent for girls! i can drink 3 bottles of these and function! (out in korea tryna function!!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by SolSurferX
Order a scotch or bourbon. That fulfills your req's and you really only need to order one or two with the right stuff.

Another plus is no one looks at you sideways either with 'only' having 1 or 2.
Exactly, sounds like a scotch and a free hand for displaying a middle finger is the key here.

Originally Posted by ddavis
-Cuba Libre
-Old Fashioned
LOL - Cuba Libre - the way to order a rum and Coke with a side of spit. I guess it's a good bar tender test. Alembic whips up a mean Old Fashioned BTW.

Originally Posted by Krinkov
If you're going out with people who are going to judge you for having more than one drink, you need to start going out with different people,
I think this just means it's time to start thinking about not drinking directly from the bowl at Hobson's any more.

For myself, I usually stick to beer but if I want to sip something whilst holding my pinky up, it's probably going to be a glass of Maker's unless I can find something I like better, or a Tanqueray and Tonic because that's how Snoop rolls.

I rented a room to the director of a bar tending school for a while so I was pretty wasted most of the time in those days. We put our heads together and came up with something sort of like a AMF meets a Tokyo Tea, and called it an Emerald Asskicker. Some places around the Bay will serve it, but I have the recipe somewhere so I will find it and post it. It was pretty funny to see people try to drink 3 or 4 and then up staying for the night. It was bright green and tasted pretty good but DAMN.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Scotch/Whiskey on the rocks. *****es will flock to you. Simple drinks that not even a bartender can screw up and you can sip them as slow as you want.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:11 AM

Car Info: 2013 WRX HATCH
Tokyo Tea
3 Wise Men
Old 01-08-2014, 10:15 AM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Originally Posted by SolSurferX
Order a scotch or bourbon. That fulfills your req's and you really only need to order one or two with the right stuff.

Another plus is no one looks at you sideways either with 'only' having 1 or 2.
One scotch......one bourbon......one beer!
GT knew what was up.

Then again he drinks alone. With nobody else.......and when he drinks alone, he prefers to be by himself....
Old 01-08-2014, 10:28 AM

Car Info: 2006 AW WRX | 2010 e90 335i M-Sport
A Manhattan or an Old Fashioned will get the job done.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 05 18g LGT Wagon | Former 08 LGT Spec.B
+1 to scotch/whisky/bourbon if you're out with the guys, or there's just a few women. If you're new to scotch, start with Glenmorangie, Highland Park or Macallan on the rocks. Then move to Lagavulin or Laphroig when you are easing off the sweet stuff. Peety scotches are the ones that taste like charcoal, stay away from those til you're tired of sweet.

Effen Black Cherry vodka + tonic is good if you're buying a round for a mixed group of men and women. Not sweet, not strong, but still does the job.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
Whiskey and a splash of ginger ale.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:07 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
LOL - Cuba Libre - the way to order a rum and Coke with a side of spit. I guess it's a good bar tender test.
The point of a Cuba Libre is that it is garnished with a lime. You order a Cuba Libre so you don't sound like a **** when you ask for rum and coke with a lime in it - and then the bartender has to look at you like you're stupid and say "you mean a cuba libre?"

I've only gotten attitude from bartenders here in the south bay, though so YMMV.

Last edited by Gancherov; 01-08-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:36 PM

Car Info: 04 wagon
Originally Posted by Gancherov
The point of a Cuba Libre is that it is garnished with a lime. You order a Cuba Libre so you don't sound like a **** when you ask for rum and coke with a lime in it - and then the bartender has to look at you like you're stupid and say "you mean a cuba libre?"

I've only gotten attitude from bartenders here in the south bay, though so YMMV.
Some guys add a bit of lime juice in it, which is the way i like it best. Was in Costa Rica recently at a beach bar that was heavy with the lime and it tasted better their. Maybe because of the atmosphere or maybe they was using the real sugar coke instead. I had my share of mai tai's also, but ive found everyone makes a mai tai differently, so i never know what to expect. Most of the time though a tall beer is my choice but i guess thats a different thread.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:49 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Tokyo Ice Tea
Old 01-08-2014, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Gancherov

Same with the South Bay grumpiness, but opposite for me. When my friend was learning to make drinks, he would sometimes ask bartenders for new drinks he learned to see how they made them. Several times asking for a Cuba Libre, he would get the "are you an idiot, you mean a rum and coke with a lime" thing. Probably in-experienced bartenders without a sense of humor!

Originally Posted by ddavis
Some guys add a bit of lime juice in it, which is the way i like it best. Was in Costa Rica recently at a beach bar that was heavy with the lime and it tasted better their. Maybe because of the atmosphere or maybe they was using the real sugar coke instead. I had my share of mai tai's also, but ive found everyone makes a mai tai differently, so i never know what to expect. Most of the time though a tall beer is my choice but i guess thats a different thread.
That sounds good with the lime juice and the real Coke. I would definitely give that a try.

Just had lunch at Freewheel Brewing Co again today, with a bitter and an IPA.
LOVE THAT PLACE.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:31 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
Originally Posted by Snoopy408
Whiskey and a splash of ginger ale.
Yups...but bourbon for me .

Or bourbon and splash of schweppes bitter lemon - any season, any reason.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Get drunk drinks