FW Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:34 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Thanks!! As you well know, these projects consume a lot of time, money, and effort.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

We had a customer come pay us a visit today; he's on his "mid tour" leave from Iraq. I know his time is precious, so I was completely taken aback when he showed up with a commendation and guidon presented to me and the team here at FW Motorsports.
It may seem trivial to most, but it means very much to me. I am humbled by this gesture.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:46 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Originally Posted by FW Motorsports

FWIW probably should explain the reverse flag (union in upper right) bit so people understand what it signifies.
~I still have my Green/Black Flag sitting in a drawer. I really should have it sewn onto one of my M65's or even my Dickies Jacket.

Oh, wait..I take that back, I know nothing. I don't know anything. I didn't say a thing.

Last edited by TheFozz; 11-29-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Glad to see your efforts appreciated, Paul. That's really cool (and well deserved).
Old 11-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Obi..
FWIW probably should explain the reverse flag (union in upper right) bit so people understand what it signifies.
~I still have my Green/Black Flag sitting in a drawer. I really should have it sewn onto one of my M65's or even my Dickies Jacket.

Oh, wait..I take that back, I know nothing. I don't know anything. I didn't say a thing.
pretty sure its when the patch is worn on the right arm, the sentiment being the flag should always look like its being carried forward into battle and flying behind.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by AntiochCali
Nice job, no sponsors though is tough, I mean I think the tires are like $20K a set or something stupid like that...I think why everyone always has a tire sponsor....
Toyo r888 can be had for $300-$500 or so per tire..I think lic used them
Old 11-30-2011, 01:41 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by slugrx
Toyo r888 can be had for $300-$500 or so per tire..I think lic used them
Yeah... tire budget is huge though. Not 20k a set but $20k a season is on the low side for most of these guys. If you want to run with the big dogs you gotta run big stickies. The tires GST runs are smoked after a few laps and I think they do run over $2k a set.

and Lic isn't gonna be paying what we pay for tires. LOL.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Obi..

I'm stoked for you guys. Well deserved. Oh.... my brother in law recently got his blacks... lets just say he was a happy camper.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah... tire budget is huge though. Not 20k a set but $20k a season is on the low side for most of these guys. If you want to run with the big dogs you gotta run big stickies. The tires GST runs are smoked after a few laps and I think they do run over $2k a set.

and Lic isn't gonna be paying what we pay for tires. LOL.
we ran this year without a tire sponsor, luckily we saved some tires from last year but thats only because we were frugal with them. Racing on old tires is stupid at best but when you foot the bill, it is what it is.

When we did have Toyo as a sponsor it was a small sponsorship (it was 10% off if i recall correctly). That year alone, which was back in 2009...we ran a few races and 9 sets of tires (3 sets per race), it was well over $15k our "cost" just in tires (we used to run a 285/30/18 R888, they're not cheap). Oh and to top that off we would then pay $200+ to shave 2 sets...so it was zero savings in the end and nothing but paying to cut 50%+ of your tire away.

Believe it or not...we pay for darn near 100% of everything on this car and always have. Albeit the tires, the custom modifications to it, turbo, motor internals, and even down to the AccessPORT...yes we paid for all that stuff (don't be fooled, nothing is free on this car).

Most of the bigger teams get free stuff, we do not and why you dont see a tire sponsor on our car or many names littered on our car...we aren't big enough I guess.

-Noah
Old 11-30-2011, 03:59 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

New customer dropped his 200g Legacy GT sedan yesterday evening with an overheating complaint.
Me: How long has it been overheating?
Him: Since about 40k miles...it now has 88k miles.
Me: ???? What did your dealer tell you?
Him: Oh, they said it was normal for these cars to get hot.
Me: ????

Motor was removed last night, cylinder heads removed, and and sent to the local machine shop. We have remanufactured cylider heads ready to go.
Notice the spark plugs?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Ummmm. wtf?
Old 11-30-2011, 04:08 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
we ran this year without a tire sponsor, luckily we saved some tires from last year but thats only because we were frugal with them. Racing on old tires is stupid at best but when you foot the bill, it is what it is.

When we did have Toyo as a sponsor it was a small sponsorship (it was 10% off if i recall correctly). That year alone, which was back in 2009...we ran a few races and 9 sets of tires (3 sets per race), it was well over $15k our "cost" just in tires (we used to run a 285/30/18 R888, they're not cheap). Oh and to top that off we would then pay $200+ to shave 2 sets...so it was zero savings in the end and nothing but paying to cut 50%+ of your tire away.

Believe it or not...we pay for darn near 100% of everything on this car and always have. Albeit the tires, the custom modifications to it, turbo, motor internals, and even down to the AccessPORT...yes we paid for all that stuff (don't be fooled, nothing is free on this car).

Most of the bigger teams get free stuff, we do not and why you dont see a tire sponsor on our car or many names littered on our car...we aren't big enough I guess.

-Noah
That sucks. Yeah tire, travel, fuel... makes building a competitive car difficult when that runs so much. Tire cost is HUGE. You guys are stepping up your game so I'm sure they'll be some help there soon.

Tires can make all the difference in the world... see the recent unlimited event with GST on their small dot tires... and your time drop on that awesome set you scored last year. I really hope you guys land something solid. I love the car. (and it's previous owner. LOL!)
Old 11-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
That sucks. Yeah tire, travel, fuel... makes building a competitive car difficult when that runs so much. Tire cost is HUGE. You guys are stepping up your game so I'm sure they'll be some help there soon.

Tires can make all the difference in the world... see the recent unlimited event with GST on their small dot tires... and your time drop on that awesome set you scored last year. I really hope you guys land something solid. I love the car. (and it's previous owner. LOL!)
I dont foresee any manf stepping in to help our efforts to be honest. Travel, tires, build, etc..are all such a money pit, lol

GST as far as I know was on new Hankook C91 slicks (DOT approved), we were on 1.5 year old Nitto NT01 (R-Compound)...which were old, wish we had a newer set to see if our times would of improved. We've proven our car goes at min 2+ secs faster on the Hankook C91's but those aren't legal in our class (limited AWD)

-Noah
Old 11-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Don't read into the tires thing in regards to our car too much based on the Infineon event mate, our car was -0.2 to -0.3 a corner slower than when we last tested there because I screwed up the center diff. I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't go 1:33 at that track on the tires we were running that day with a car that wasn't putting power down every which way but loose not to mention 2 shocks that were found afterwards to be blown.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
GST as far as I know was on new Hankook C91 slicks (DOT approved), we were on 1.5 year old Nitto NT01 (R-Compound)...which were old, wish we had a newer set to see if our times would of improved. We've proven our car goes at min 2+ secs faster on the Hankook C91's but those aren't legal in our class (limited AWD)

-Noah
Nah we didn't get any tires for that event, the fresh set we had and ran for the one crapass lap were manufactured 03/10 and had been stashed somewhere at the shop for ages.

Quick Reply: FW Motorsports