F*@k Soa!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
If within the 3 year/50000 mile, whichever comes first, defect warranty period, your vehicle fails to conform to applicable requirements and that failure is the result of a defect in any part which affects emmisions (turbo is listed), that part will, subject to all other terms and conditions of this warrany, be reparied or replaced by an authorized SUBARU dealer at no charge to you for labor and materials(including adjustments and diagnostics).

a little more reading

SOA will not deny a warranty claim solely because you have no record of maintenance; however, SOA may deny a warranty claim if a failure to preform required maintenance resulted in the failure of a warranted part. The receipts and maintenance records should be fiben to each subsequent owner of the car.

the first part doesn't apply to me. I purchased a 100k warranty.

The second is interesting but apparently false.

There is no way not doing oil changes resulted in my turbo or my ps pump going out. My motor would go boom before either of them. beyond that I did change it...booooo.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
check this out, sorry to change it up, but SOA can void a warranty for not following the fuel grade recommended in the owners manual (93).

I hope you get this settled and they repair your parts. I dont like SOA at all. They make me not want a Subaru.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:49 PM

Car Info: AP1 S2k
about that 1900$ warrenty.. i did the same, but they asked me if i wanted a turbo warrenty... "the turbo will wear out one time or another, many people choose this option".. so i said what the hell with it and got it.

Did u optioned for the turbo warrenty also?

btw mines was at Senator Subaru.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:59 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
Originally Posted by vietpunk916
about that 1900$ warrenty.. i did the same, but they asked me if i wanted a turbo warrenty... "the turbo will wear out one time or another, many people choose this option".. so i said what the hell with it and got it.

senator wil deny your warranty, find some way to charge you up the ASSpen white and dent your car and deny it
Old 04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
I dont like SOA at all. They make me not want a Subaru.
I completely agree... The cars are great, SOA and dealer service people can shove the whole enchilada up their cumulative asses. What was the Carlsen dude's name - Howard something? Foooooooook....
Old 04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by vietpunk916

I have no clue. I don't recall anyone ever saying anything about it. But if there is an option to extend a warranty on it I got it. I'm guessing I did since they never said anything about a 80,000 turbo warranty.

I just got off the phone with SOA. They said it is approved in the computer waiting on a fax of paperwork...I'm guessing that's my oil receipts that I can't find. This is such crap.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: black my03 5mt wrx s/w
boy, am i sure glad i voided my own warranty within a month of driving it off the lot 4 years ago.

i just think of the time i would have wasted trying to retain a warranty that was never really there in the first place.

good luck, OMA. in any event, if you have to fix stuff yourself you have an opportunity to do it right and upgrade in the process. find a friend who has a tactrix cable and knows his way around openecu tools, buy some used pinks for ~200, and a cracked vf39 for ~100.

you'll leave this whole mess in the rearview mirror a lot faster with a nice 100hp bump in output for 300 bucks.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:56 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ride5000
boy, am i sure glad i voided my own warranty within a month of driving it off the lot 4 years ago.

i just think of the time i would have wasted trying to retain a warranty that was never really there in the first place.

good luck, OMA. in any event, if you have to fix stuff yourself you have an opportunity to do it right and upgrade in the process. find a friend who has a tactrix cable and knows his way around openecu tools, buy some used pinks for ~200, and a cracked vf39 for ~100.

you'll leave this whole mess in the rearview mirror a lot faster with a nice 100hp bump in output for 300 bucks.

been thinking about all that. If they don't do it and I don't trade it in I'll definately be upgrading to pinks, walbro, probably an AP2 and an 18g or if I can get one cheap enough a vf30/34/39 and have it looked over and coated by crucial. My power goals aren't huge. I'd like to see about 260-275 though.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 04-27-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:29 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
What time periods are you missing the reciepts for??

Im sure some of us on i-club have some CC/bank reciepts/statments that we could give you for proof of oil purchase.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I'm sure its already been said, but has SOA explained how the lack of oil changes would blow the turbo? Legally, in order to void the warranty, the company has to prove the cause they are claiming (in this case, no oil change) would cause the problem
Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 PM

Car Info: 12 Impreza Wagon, RIP 91 Honda Civic Wagon :(
Originally Posted by subie OCD
What time periods are you missing the receipts for??

I'm sure some of us on i-club have some CC/bank receipts/statements that we
could give you for proof of oil purchase.
I was just thinking the same thing ...