Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

SPT, SOA, STI Suspension Kit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 09:47 AM

Car Info: 05 Audi S4... trying to mod the driver!!!
Check out the project wrx article in the latest sport compact car... they evaluate the setup in question.

Some might say for the same amount of money to get coilovers (I am partial to Tein).

After reading the scc article, I am leaning more towards tein flex.

lndbrusr
Old 01-30-2003, 09:50 AM

Car Info: 05 Audi S4... trying to mod the driver!!!
also.. I would switch to 17s first... and why the bbs package? I will understand if you tell me that you love the design of the bbs wheels but that is an aweful lot of $$.. Many of us run Rota wheels (many different designs) because they are light, strong and relatively cheap.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:25 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX | 95 GC
Cool I choose the SPT/STi Kit

I got it on my 03 WRX. It didn't lower the car at all, although the ride is pretty stiff. Its not harsh by anymeans, but you will notice the difference even with the stock 16's on the car (which I still have). It still understeers when entering a corner, but you have to be going way too hot for that to happen. Its easy to correct for with a slight twitch of the wheel to get the back end to come around. It also still oversteers on exit with power coming down. But at that point it feels more like four wheel drift than anything else. I think the biggest thing anyone would notice is that it is hard on compression and very quick on rebound. Side to side transition is much better of stock, and the as a whole the car no longer leans as much. It used to feel like dancing with a full bucket of water, now it bucket is almost empty. I think with better tire with lower/stiffer sidewalls this would change. I have yet to take it to an Auto-X so I am reserving a final review until then. I plan on an upgrade to SSR in 18's, and an adjustable rear swaybar, and possibly better sway bar endlinks.

That said, I have been looking at different spring packages. To me it feels as if the springs aren't progressively wound. I am looking for a shorter more progressive spring. Along with better road compliance, that should reduce the wheel/fender gap to something more acceptable.

just my $0.02, have a G'day.

PS: the one major factor why I chose this set up was that I was able to have it installed by the dealer and have it specifically inculded in my 7y/100k mi warranty.

Last edited by Rapid_Roo; 01-31-2003 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:41 AM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
I have the kit also. And I must say that it is probably one of the best kits you can get. It works really well and it make the handling of the car much much more neutral. You will not notice a ride height difference. I suggest that you get STI hardened top mounts too. Do a search and you will find more information about the setup.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:27 PM

Car Info: 13BRZ, 11FXT, 08T25, 07STI, 02WRX
STI Suspension with STI hardened top hats and you are good to go. Great setup and hard to beat.